Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2020, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I already told you Cuomo came out with a directive MARCH 25 ORDERING that elderly C-19 positive patients be sent to nursing homes . The deaths there are on his bloody hands .
    Please tell the whole story, Tom.

From https://nypost.com/2020/04/23/nursin...ts-cuomo-says/ :
    Cuomo [also] said that if a nursing home can’t properly quarantine and treat COVID-19 patients with separate staffers, it’s required to move them to another facility or ask the state Department of Health to arrange a transfer.

“Now, when a person gets transferred, they lose a patient, they lose that revenue, I understand, but the relationship is, the contract is, ‘You have this resident, you get paid, you must provide adequate care,’ ” he said.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2020, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Please tell the whole story, Tom.
    Tom is famous for leaving out pertinent facts in his diatribes.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2020, 05:51 PM
    “This treacherous virus spreads through nursing homes like fire through dry grass and the state’s March 25 policy served to unnecessarily to fan the flames of this fire.”
    Right on !

“The state has failed to protect the lives of the most vulnerable members of our community,” said Ron Kim, a Democratic member of the state Assembly whose Queens district has seen many nursing-home deaths. “The fact we maintained and pushed Covid-positive patients into facilities that were not equipped to handle them, it was a fatal error.”
    Cuomo knows he f~ed up . That is why he reversed the decision May 10 .
    Hospitals cannot release patients to nursing homes in New York unless the patient tests negative for the virus, Cuomo said Sunday.
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...sting/2410533/

Even with that he tried to deflect the blame to the courageous nursing home staffs .He now requires them to take tests twice weekly as if they were somehow the cause of the outbreak in the nursing homes .

He's as a$$hole . NY city had the Javits Center rigged with hospital beds ;he had USNS Comfort docked in NY and did not use it's resources . He had hotel rooms set up with hospital beds and did not use them .Instead he DIRECTED that C-19 positive patients be sent back to nursing homes to comingle with the most vulnerable population in the state . Then the pompus jackass said when he was informed that staff at these facilities did not have enough PPE ,he scoffed and said it wasn't the states problem . The truth is that the moron cried and bellyached for weeks that NY did not have enough PPE ;enough respirators ,enough beds and begged for Trump to pull his feet out of the fire .Now he whines and complains that he needs Congress to bail out his failed state that he left in the hole for $9 billion BEFORE the virus .

BTW ,his goal is clear here. He hates private run care . He wants all the elderly warehoused in government facilities . Well I got to see one of those institutions up close and personal before that one shut down and the families of the residents were forced to scramble to find one of those private facilities Cuomo so despises . It was a dilapidated building .The stink was overwhelming .

Shame on Cuomo and you if you support the heartless policy directive of March 25. All it took was almost 2 months of needless deaths for the meatball head to change course .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2020, 07:56 PM
    soundslike you have more problems over there with nursing homes than we do
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2020, 08:09 PM
    He's as a$$hole . NY city had the Javits Center rigged with hospital beds ;he had USNS Comfort docked in NY and did not use it's resources . He had hotel rooms set up with hospital beds and did not use them .Instead he DIRECTED that C-19 positive patients be sent back to nursing homes to comingle with the most vulnerable population in the state . Then the pompus jackass said when he was informed that staff at these facilities did not have enough PPE ,he scoffed and said it wasn't the states problem . The truth is that the moron cried and bellyached for weeks that NY did not have enough PPE ;enough respirators ,enough beds and begged for Trump to pull his feet out of the fire .Now he whines and complains that he needs Congress to bail out his failed state that he left in the hole for $9 billion BEFORE the virus .
    Now if Trump wudda taken the novel coronavirus seriously and had stockpiled the needed medical supplies (after he took apart Obama's preparation efforts), Cuomo's plan would have worked very well. The private as well as public nursing homes would have been able to provide adequate care.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 18, 2020, 08:21 PM
    Don't like Cuomo, move to Texas. You'll love Abbot and his beanie buddies, Cornyn and Cruz.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2020, 08:39 PM

Even with that he tried to deflect the blame to the courageous nursing home staffs .He now requires them to take tests twice weekly as if they were somehow the cause of the outbreak in the nursing homes .
    I don't think that was deflecting blame. It was to protect all as far as possible.

NY city had the Javits Center rigged with hospital beds ;he had USNS Comfort docked in NY and did not use it's resources . He had hotel rooms set up with hospital beds and did not use them .Instead he DIRECTED that C-19 positive patients be sent back to nursing homes to comingle with the most vulnerable population in the state
    He did not DIRECT C-19 patients to commingle with others in the nursing home. The intent was to free up hospital beds for sicker patients who were overwhelming the hospitals. The hospital ship was never intended to house C-19 patients nor was the Javits Center. They were not equipped to do so. However, I agree something could have been done in the emergency as it presented itself with the nursing home patients.

Then the pompus jackass said when he was informed that staff at these facilities did not have enough PPE ,he scoffed and said it wasn't the states problem.
    This was part of the larger disagreement between the feds and Cuomo. You make it sound like Cuomo did it heartlessly.

The truth is that the moron cried and bellyached for weeks that NY did not have enough PPE ;enough respirators ,enough beds and begged for Trump to pull his feet out of the fire
    Absolutely true! And still is. Trump has repeatedly refused to take effective charge of a national response to C-19.

Now he whines and complains that he needs Congress to bail out his failed state that he left in the hole for $9 billion BEFORE the virus
    Come on, Tom, you should know that the virus has drained the state coffers and soon the first responders (cops and firemen, etc.) won't be getting paid without help from the feds.

BTW ,his goal is clear here. He hates private run care . He wants all the elderly warehoused in government facilities . Well I got to see one of those institutions up close and personal before that one shut down and the families of the residents were forced to scramble to find one of those private facilities Cuomo so despises . It was a dilapidated building .The stink was overwhelming.
    Most of that industry is badly in need of improvement. Both the profiteers and the government-run. They both have the same essential problem - poverty wages and workers who accept those wages do not come with PhDs.

Shame on Cuomo and you if you support the heartless policy directive of March 25. All it took was almost 2 months of needless deaths for the meatball head to change course .

Nobody supports heartless policies. In hindsight, that policy that was intended to free up hospitals so new, sicker patients could be treated was not the best - especially when considering the Javits Center and the Hospital ship.

Cuomo did what he thought was best at the time. He reversed himself because the uproar made the policy self-defeating. I firmly believe the major screw-up in this whole business has been the Chinese followed by Donald Trump who has repeatedly denied taking a leadership position - telling the states to do it themselves.

Time to put partisan politics aside and help the country get back on its feet. Wherever I go, that is the common attitude - the only exception is Donald Trump on his daily TV shows. His head is on re-election, not recovery.
    Expert

May 19, 2020, 03:13 AM
    The dufus is back to his chosen profession of selling snake oil!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2020, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Now if Trump wudda taken the novel coronavirus seriously and had stockpiled the needed medical supplies (after he took apart Obama's preparation efforts), Cuomo's plan would have worked very well. The private as well as public nursing homes would have been able to provide adequate care.
    But he has taken chloroquine seriously and has trialled it himself, now what else can a President do than that, take the risks himself the man is a hero in the superman mold
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 19, 2020, 06:52 AM
    Now if Trump wudda taken the novel coronavirus seriously and had stockpiled the needed medical supplies
    What meds are you referring to?
    Expert

May 19, 2020, 07:22 AM
    You mean medical SUPPLIES as quoted? Ventilators, masks, and gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    But he has taken chloroquine seriously and has trialled it himself, now what else can a President do than that, take the risks himself the man is a hero in the superman mold
    He has no cape but does the red tie count?
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2020, 07:54 AM
    Now if Trump wudda taken the novel coronavirus seriously and had stockpiled the needed medical supplies

What meds are you referring to?
    Must be talking about those treatments and vaccines that haven't been invented or approved of yet . I know the testing he inherited from the emperor's CDC was terribly flawed . Besides that I can't hazard a guess. The fact that Covid 19 is a new strain presupposes that stockpiling of any medicine would've been at best a crap shoot .

You mean medical SUPPLIES as quoted? Ventilators, masks, and gloves.
    The emperor depleted PPE during the H1N1 pandemic and never restocked .
    Expert

May 19, 2020, 07:59 AM
    His use is illegal since he has never been hospitalized or tested positive for the virus. He's likely lying anyway.

"Unfortunately, although it is perfectly legal to prescribe drugs for new indications not on the label, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recommended that CQ and HCQ should be used for COVID-19 only in hospitalized patients in the setting of a clinical study if available. Most states are making it difficult for physicians to prescribe or pharmacists to dispense these medications."
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2020, 08:02 AM
    Hundreds of C-19 patients have been treated successfully with the drug cocktail ....and health providers have been using it as prophylactic prevention . Quinine comes from Cinchona officinalis . As I previously mentioned . I self medicated during my illness withCinchona officinalis extract ,zinc ,and vitamin C and D . I did not take the drug and it was not prescribed to me . But I took that combination based on what I had learned about how successful Quinine had shown to be. Don't believe those rigged tests like they criminally pulled at the VA . They administered it to vets on their death bed and surprise !! It did not help . The drug to be successful has to be used early after diagnosis and the patient should not have a heart precondition .
    Uber Member

May 19, 2020, 08:34 AM
    Must be talking about those treatments and vaccines that haven't been invented or approved of yet .
    I was wondering the same thing. Since no one had any idea in December that we would be facing this, then how could anyone have prepared a stockpile of the needed meds? For that matter, why didn't Obama assemble the meds if it's just that easy.
    Expert

May 19, 2020, 08:54 AM
    Must be talking about those treatments and vaccines that haven't been invented or approved of yet . I know the testing he inherited from the emperor's CDC was terribly flawed . Besides that I can't hazard a guess. The fact that Covid 19 is a new strain presupposes that stockpiling of any medicine would've been at best a crap shoot .

The emperor depleted PPE during the H1N1 pandemic and never restocked .
    Budgetary cuts from that era show many cuts across the board. The dufus had 13 million masks but that just wasn't enough so "depleted" is not accurate Tom, and the dufus claim of a bare cupboard is FALSE.

Hundreds of C-19 patients have been treated successfully with the drug cocktail ....and health providers have been using it as prophylactic prevention . Quinine comes from Cinchona officinalis . As I previously mentioned . I self medicated during my illness withCinchona officinalis extract ,zinc ,and vitamin C and D . I did not take the drug and it was not prescribed to me . But I took that combination based on what I had learned about how successful Quinine had shown to be. Don't believe those rigged tests like they criminally pulled at the VA . They administered it to vets on their death bed and surprise !! It did not help . The drug to be successful has to be used early after diagnosis and the patient should not have a heart precondition .
    Doesn't change the law, nor the fact that nobody can clearly state HQC is as effect with or without other drugs. When those countries mentioned in your link run clinical trials showing those results as said, then we talk.

In the meantime this could happen here.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2020, 09:14 AM
    Hypochondriac Trump isn't taking hydroxychloroquine! No way would he risk suffering from any of these possible side effects:
    From
    https://www.drugs.com/sfx/hydroxychl...e-effects.html

• Blistering, peeling, loosening of the skin
    • blurred vision or other vision changes
    • chest discomfort, pain, or tightness
    • cough or hoarseness
    • dark urine
    • decreased urination
    • defective color vision
    • diarrhea
    • difficulty breathing
    • difficulty seeing at night
    • dizziness or fainting
    • fast, pounding, uneven heartbeat
    • feeling that others are watching you or controlling your behavior
    • feeling that others can hear your thoughts
    • feeling, seeing, or hearing things that are not there
    • fever with or without chills
    • general feeling of tiredness or weakness
    • headache
    • inability to move the eyes
    • increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid
    • joint or muscle pain
    • large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, and sex organs
    • loss of hearing
    • lower back or side pain
    • noisy breathing
    • painful or difficult urination
    • red irritated eyes
    • red skin lesions, often with a purple center
    • severe mood or mental changes
    • sore throat sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
    • sticking out of the tongue
    • stomach pain
    • swelling of the feet or lower legs
    • swollen or painful glands
    • trouble with breathing, speaking, or swallowing
    • uncontrolled twisting movements of the neck, trunk, arms, or legs
    • unusual behavior
    • unusual bleeding or bruising
    • unusual facial expressions
    • unusual tiredness or weakness
    • yellow eyes or skin
    Uber Member

May 19, 2020, 09:59 AM
    I have a funny feeling that if Joe B said he was taking it, it would be unquestioningly accepted and believed. Of course that's assuming that he could take it and remember the next day that he was taking it. 8D
    Expert

May 19, 2020, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I have a funny feeling that if Joe B said he was taking it, it would be unquestioningly accepted and believed. Of course that's assuming that he could take it and remember the next day that he was taking it. 8D
    That's all we would need is a dem dufus running against a repub dufus! Did I take my morning meds? 8( Remind me not to run for president, or a bus for that matter!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Administration Sees US Deaths from Virus Set Record. [ 267 Answers ]

Trump's delay/inaction/misinformation in the beginning was a contributing factor to the record number of US deaths from COVID-19. I wonder how many - other than the one confirmed. Amazing how Trump seems to channel Mussolini with his poses so like the WW2 dictator.

COVID-19 vs Flu [ 11 Answers ]

Many people believe COVID-19 is no worse than the flu. I’m here to set the record straight. COVID-19 affects the lungs at the level of the alveoli. This is the deepest tissue of the lung, and the hardest to treat. On X-Ray, the bases of the lungs look like they are full of ground glass. The...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

View more questions Search