Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2020, 05:05 AM
    the die was cast long before the nixing of the TTP which btw was a terrible deal for the US , You blame American business as always . But it was the US government that was encouraging and in many cases undermining our own security see Bubba's many deals to arm the Chinese.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 30, 2020, 05:58 AM
    https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/202...ichael-ledeen/

There are those who say that we had to strengthen China to act as a bulwark against Russia, but I don’t buy that. The big shift to Chinese manufacture came because they could make things far more cheaply than others could. That’s the profit motive, not national security.

Unbridled capitalism which was not limited to Clinton or China. Every prez has his pets dictated by big biz. The dufus loves the Saudis. What could go wrong with selling them stuff? See me in 25 years.

Ultra Member

May 31, 2020, 03:20 AM

BECAUSE NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE EXCEPT LIBERAL FANTASIES
    Expert

May 31, 2020, 03:31 AM
    That's why big biz travels the world looking for cheap labor?
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2020, 03:41 AM
    the cost of labor is a supply and demand issue. The company I work for pays higher wages because we can not find people willing to do the job at lower rates . It really is as simple as that .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 31, 2020, 04:25 AM
    Exactly correct, Tom. The key to making more money is to make yourself more valuable. Learn new skills. Show up on time. Keep your mouth shut. Be agreeable.
    Expert

May 31, 2020, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    the cost of labor is a supply and demand issue. The company I work for pays higher wages because we can not find people willing to do the job at lower rates . It really is as simple as that .
    At your company. Walmart and Target don't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Exactly correct, Tom. The key to making more money is to make yourself more valuable. Learn new skills. Show up on time. Keep your mouth shut. Be agreeable.
    Or get two jobs or three.
    Uber Member

May 31, 2020, 04:53 AM
    Walmart and Target don't have that problem.
    They do here. Every retail store in our city is looking for workers.

And yes, you can work two jobs and thank God that there are two jobs you can work. You do what you have to do to make it, but plan and work in such a way that five or ten years from today, that won't be the case.

Ultra Member

May 31, 2020, 04:58 AM
    I would not work as a Walmart or Target clerk thinking that was going to be the last job I ever do. If I was to stay there I would compete for higher level employment opportunities or I would be working elsewhere . I have had multiple jobs with multiple employers in my time . I have held 5 positions in my 30 years at the place I am currently employed . What I did was make myself a valuable employee to them . I did that so I could make as much money as possible and make it harder for them to replace me.
    Uber Member

May 31, 2020, 05:21 AM
    What I did was make myself a valuable employee to them . I did that so I could make as much money as possible and make it harder for them to replace me.
    That's the key to the whole thing.
    Expert

May 31, 2020, 05:32 AM
    If only everyone was as ambitious as you two. Or as self motivated. That's a valuable skill that not all possess.
    Uber Member

May 31, 2020, 06:46 AM
    If only everyone was as ambitious as you two. Or as self motivated. That's a valuable skill that not all possess.
    "We have met the enemy and he is us." If it's a skill, then it can be learned. For it to be learned, it must be valued and taught.
    Expert

May 31, 2020, 07:28 AM
    Unfortunately what's been taught in this country is get over it and do as your told. This country was built on pain and blood. The ones who bore the pain and gave the blood were pushed aside and the pain givers got the glory. Nothing has changed and that's the lesson learned.

Until the wounds are healed the hell with more lessons.
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2020, 10:47 AM
    That's a valuable skill that not all possess.
    that's why some succeed and others don't . You make the successful sound greedy and evil
    Uber Member

May 31, 2020, 11:09 AM
    Unfortunately what's been taught in this country is get over it and do as your told. This country was built on pain and blood. The ones who bore the pain and gave the blood were pushed aside and the pain givers got the glory. Nothing has changed and that's the lesson learned.

Until the wounds are healed the hell with more lessons.
    Your message to everyone who wants to continue to fail. Until the issues of law-breaking amongst the youth, out of wedlock births, fatherless families, and inferior schools are addressed, then nothing else is going to avail. White racism is not nearly as big a problem as those four, and neither is police violence.

From an Atlantic article. "Of the 1,146 and 1,092 victims of police violence in 2015 and 2016, respectively, the authors found 52 percent were white, 26 percent were black, and 17 percent were Hispanic." Even the moron who wrote the article, who incredibly can't seem to figure out that an armed assailant who is shot by the police is hardly a "victim of violence," the chances of an innocent black person being killed by a cop is miniscule compared to the chances of that same black person being murdered by another black person.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...olence/559835/
    Expert

May 31, 2020, 01:01 PM
    Thank you for your view.
    Uber Member

May 31, 2020, 01:51 PM
    Not so much my view as it is the view of data.
    Expert

May 31, 2020, 03:17 PM
    I think understanding the rage and anger of the particular group lends a different perspective than the data may show. In this instance it does for me so forgive me if I cannot relate to the analysis you have presented at this time. While at least there appears to be a recognition of the difference between protesters and criminals acts, it doesn't explain why MURDER is so easily tolerated and looked over after 3 of the most disgusting incidences so early this year against the back drop of other MURDERS, than yet again got excused.

Such behavior and the attitude for it given its longevity and frequency goes well beyond data and opinion. Sorry I think those murders should be addressed before we go into those other racists offshoots just as a matter urgency, and priority.

If that's a recipe for failure...!
    Uber Member

May 31, 2020, 04:20 PM
    it doesn't explain why MURDER is so easily tolerated
    My question exactly.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2020, 08:06 PM
    the chances of an innocent black person being killed by a cop is minuscule compared to the chances of that same black person being murdered by another black person.
    How racist of you to point that out, the likelyhood of a white person being killed by a white person is also high or the likelyhood of anyone being killed by a cop but the black community obviously have a grievence, so hire more black cops to police the black community then if a black cop kills a black person it isn't racist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Awful taunts, [ 2 Answers ]

Im 19 years old, I was raised by my mum and step father, they gave me an amazing childhood, then I moved in with my grandmother because of family problems, at this age I was 13. I began high school, I wasn't very popular, I didn't have many friends, and getting bullied was day to day for me, the...

View more questions Search