Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2020, 05:30 AM
    Trump is not alone in appointing blame for the pandemic on the Chinese . Angela Merkel has called out the Chinese on their lack of transparency ;and she is under increased pressure to take stronger stands against them . A German newspaper figured out the costs of their negligence that Germany must bear and made a mock up bill of £130BN bill for 'coronavirus damages' to submit to the Chinese .

Relations between China and the European Union have soured over the Communist country’s mishandling of the pandemic with the EU now emphasizing more autonomy,There have been calls for the EU to suspend Chinese takeover of European businesses which have increased during the crisis .
    “Over these months China has lost Europe,” said Reinhard Buetikofer, a German lawmaker who chairs the European Parliament’s delegation for relations with China.Leaders of the European Council put a ”roadmap” together to decrease dependency on China. The document calls on members to “invest in strategic value chains to reduce over dependency . The same is true in China's neighborhood. India is taking steps to restrict foreign direct investment from countries that share a land boundary with India...a clear swipe at China .
    India is engaging with other countries in the Indo-Pacific making bilateral agreements and through Quad Plus (
    India, US, Australia, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand and Vietnam) to counter China and to blunt or balance China’s future influence in institutions like the World Health Organization.

. In Australia, Japan, Indonesia, South Korea, and India, views toward China were already at historic lows prior to the crisis.
    This skepticism of China will only deepen as these countries recall the initial suppression of information and draconian measures in Wuhan, where the virus originated, and observe Chinas attempt to rewrite history .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 17, 2020, 05:52 AM
    All that is true, and I blame most if not a vast majority of Chinese actions on the free market especially here, kissing Chinese butts over the years in a zeal to make a buck. This has allowed China to enjoy eating the cake, and demanding more. We see how that's working out, and it was LEGAL.

Now that doesn't diminish my disgust at the way the dufus has handled things the last three years, and lied about it. It reinforces it. Add to that unbridled and crony capitalism, to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Didn't the orange dude say he could fix this stuff?

We have a lot to lose if he can't keep his word, which he never has.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2020, 06:16 AM
    Strange that Trump's words haven't backfired in trade but China threatens others, such as Australia for demanding answers
    Expert

May 17, 2020, 06:48 AM
    I would be interested in more elaboration of that point Clete, as make no mistake my view that China is as big a bully as you'll ever see, bar none. They have little choice but to be.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.”
    – Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2020, 07:41 AM
    Clete the Aussies are living in the bed they made . You try to have it both ways maintaining a strong US alliance and becoming an economic vassal state to China .I'll say your government may have learned their lessons and they are becoming much more vocal standing up to an ever increasing assertive China.

As for Trump ,if I find any fault in his policies has been his desire to look inward with his America First agenda. If anything we should be more assertive in taking the lead in the Indo-china region ;forging stronger alliances with the nations that China would attempt to dominate .
    Expert

May 17, 2020, 08:20 AM
    When I start agreeing with a conservative I get scared! When I wholeheartedly agree, I get terrified!

I'm suppose to be a bleeding heart liberal!

China will only change (or any of those super power would be dictators), when they get out numbered and surrounded. A unified front. They are terrified of being shamed and blamed for this crisis. Our own dufus included.
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2020, 11:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Clete the Aussies are living in the bed they made . You try to have it both ways maintaining a strong US alliance and becoming an economic vassal state to China .I'll say your government may have learned their lessons and they are becoming much more vocal standing up to an ever increasing assertive China.

As for Trump ,if I find any fault in his policies has been his desire to look inward with his America First agenda. If anything we should be more assertive in taking the lead in the Indo-china region; forging stronger alliances with the nations that China would attempt to dominate .
    Like your President Obama we pivoted to Asia long ago, recognising our proximity to both India and China represented opportunity and we made the first overtures to bring down the bamboo curtain. Unfortunately, China looks on relationships as an either or thing, whereas we seek a more open relationship. Our relationship with the US has proven problematical, since, they have proven fickle partners, withdrawing support for local manufacturing on a number of occasions. If you want to forge stronger alliances, do so with us
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 03:30 AM
    I'm in . How's your supply of rare earth minerals ? I already drink your wine.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I'm in . How's your supply of rare earth minerals ? I already drink your wine.
    We have lots of rare earths just waiting to be dug up, The wine may be a bit smoke tainted this year but much will probably be diverted from China
    Expert

May 20, 2020, 07:56 AM
    I don't think the Chinese will take any disruption of their wine supply chain very lightly. You Aussies should tread carefully there.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 04:37 PM
    Do you think they would rather drink our wine than eat, they have slapped a punitive tarriff on Barley and reduced imports of our beef and they are thinking up more ways to hurt us. One of our politicians have suggested total ban on exports of foodstuffs to China including baby formula
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2020, 04:41 PM
    You go Aussies !!! Sell us more lamb !! I could eat lamb every day and never tire of it .
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2020, 06:25 AM
    The flock number are down because of the drought, lamb is very expenive here, too much exported
    Expert

May 21, 2020, 07:43 AM
    Money is no object for the Tomder.
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2020, 05:17 PM
    what else do I have to spend it on ?
    No businesses are open and I can't eat out . So I use the money I would at a restaurant and but the expensive cuts . I will gladly pay premium for a rack of lamb.

Now we have to protect the fishermen during this salmon season in Alaska . May they be safe and virus free as they harvest this years bounty .
    Expert

May 21, 2020, 05:21 PM
    Wish I could get some of them jumbo shrimp from Australia. Might have to migrate.
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2020, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Wish I could get some of them jumbo shrimp from Australia. Might have to migrate.
    jumbo shrimp? you mean king prawns? you surely can buy them in a frozen slab. Yes, come on over, our chinese migration program, otherwise known as foreign students, is on hold. We need some yankee money to balance the property market out
    Expert

May 21, 2020, 07:52 PM
    I might have to learn the language before I get there. Slabs are ribs here Clete, not swimps. king crabs ain't prawns. You guys have good food no matter what you call it, so we may have to hire you to translate.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2020, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I might have to learn the language before I get there. Slabs are ribs here Clete, not swimps. king crabs ain't prawns. You guys have good food no matter what you call it, so we may have to hire you to translate.
    No you know the lingo, just think a little. A slab is a block of frozen prawns, say ten kilo. Crabs are something else, we have blue crabs here and muddies too and Morton Bay bugs which are a cray. nough translatin, none of that srimp on the barbie crap, that is just for the tourists, we put T-bones on the barbie
    Expert

May 25, 2020, 12:57 AM
    That sounds great, no problem adjusting to the cuisine, but gotta have the ribs beef and pork, but T-bones will do quite well!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Awful taunts, [ 2 Answers ]

Im 19 years old, I was raised by my mum and step father, they gave me an amazing childhood, then I moved in with my grandmother because of family problems, at this age I was 13. I began high school, I wasn't very popular, I didn't have many friends, and getting bullied was day to day for me, the...

View more questions Search