Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2020, 07:49 PM
    as you like it, you won't get an argument out of me on that score
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 21, 2020, 07:53 PM
    JL either, he has me blocked, but I'm a hard guy to ignore.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 22, 2020, 04:40 AM
    a DC Circus 3 judge panel ordered Sullivan to explain himself . Be prepared in a couple of weeks for the panel to smack Sullivan down hard.
    Ten days from yesterday. It's hard to imagine how he has a leg to stand on in this deal. Happy for Flynn.
    Expert

May 22, 2020, 05:23 AM
    You must admit pleading guilty twice doesn't help him. We will see if the reasons the case was dropped does.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2020, 08:12 AM
    So now Biden gets to decide who is black and who's not? Hmmm. Imagine the uproar if Trump had said such a remark. As it is, Biden will get his usual free pass.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1263809957515988997
    Expert

May 22, 2020, 08:32 AM
    He doesn't need a free pass for a 5 second snippet of a much larger conversation.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...breakfast-club
    Uber Member

May 22, 2020, 09:12 AM
    I rest my case.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2020, 09:23 AM
    He plead after being illegally coerced into a confession . If Judge Sullivan is lucky he will be spared the indignity of being kicked off the case .
    Expert

May 22, 2020, 09:27 AM
    What case? Seems no big deal for the interviewer, so why is it a big deal to you? If the dufus had said it maybe it would be a big deal, maybe it wouldn't. Not like the dufus doesn't get free passes for his words, behavior and antics too, from his supporters, so what case are you trying to make?
    Expert

May 22, 2020, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He plead after being illegally coerced into a confession . If Judge Sullivan is lucky he will be spared the indignity of being kicked off the case .
    I think he thought he was going to get a smack on the hand with his plea deal. jails are full of people claiming they were coerced into a confession. Didn't you once tell me that innocent people go to trial, not cop to something they didn't do? Of course Flynn has powerful friends in high places which the average guy doesn't have.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2020, 10:08 AM
    If Judge Sullivan is lucky he will be spared the indignity of being kicked off the case.
    We can hope that he will quietly correct his foolish decision, but probably he will not.
    Expert

May 22, 2020, 10:57 AM
    Foolish indeed would be doing anything the dufus and his ilk wants without proper verification.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2020, 03:47 PM
    Didn't you once tell me that innocent people go to trial, not cop to something they didn't do?
    definitely not me . Plenty of innocent people get hosed by the justice system . A false statement made to investigators is actionable only if it is material to the matter under investigation. If there was no basis to believe Flynn had committed a crime, any false statements allegedly made by Flynn when he was questioned were immaterial. The reason I believe his confession was coerced is because Mueller threatened legal jeopardy on Flynns son. That's all it took for Flynn to take the fall for his son. Not that his son necessarily did anything wrong. But he was Flynn's chief of staff and in that capacity attended meetings with Flynn and foreign actors .He was also an employee of a private intelligence firm Flynn headed , which Mueller was scrutinizing over its alleged failure to register with the government as a foreign agent . As You know this is a dubious allegation that was rarely handled as a criminal offense before Mueller’s probe. Mueller used it selectively as leverage in his investigations and as was proven ,used arbitrarily and capriciously . Note the slap on the wrist the Podesta brothers were given .
    Expert

May 22, 2020, 06:17 PM
    I disagree, of course but the belief in the dufus and his cohorts is a fascinating study in drinking the kool aid you know has a turd in it.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2020, 07:29 PM
    well when you have no hope you have to believe in something
    Expert

May 23, 2020, 03:00 AM
    Not a matter of hope, or belief here Clete, it's a simple matter whether this blatant display of corruption and cronyism built on lies and conspiracies will stand further scrutiny.
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2020, 03:02 AM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5c-ESOAyhs
    Uber Member

May 23, 2020, 05:45 AM
    Expert

May 23, 2020, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The chick from Faux News delivery Fake News from the WH! Great lead to this weekends humor rant!

For my buddy JL

Ultra Member

May 24, 2020, 02:31 AM
    Judge Sullivan has now hired a lawyer to 'defend' him in the DC Circus. He's acting like he's the one on trial .

"Federal judge hires high-powered D.C. attorney to defend his actions in Flynn case.” is the headline in the Compost.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...35f_story.html

He hired swamp insider Beth Wilkinson . So now he can explain to the panel why he needs a high power defense attorney to explain to them why he needs a high power former judge to receive Amicus Briefs he requested when the DOJ dropped the case against Flynn (against a decision made by a unanimous SCOTUS ruling a week ago and against a previous precedent decision by the DC Circus).

To refresh the judges memory from law school; the Sixth Amendment says that “In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right … to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.” Is he declaring himself a criminal ?

I'm sure the panel wants him to explain his actions in his own words . He can certainly argue that Flynn had already pled guilty . He can disagree with the DOJ decision to drop the case .But the law requires him to drop the case and neither he nor Wilkinson can change that .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Is there a statute Barr for ca stu loans [ 1 Answers ]

My loan is 26 years old and I need to declare bankruptcy. Will the loan be added to my bankruptcy, or is it statute barred?

Epstein barr virus [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have epstein barr virus,and did it cause a cyst to develop on your liver?I need advice from a person who suffers with this virus.

View more questions Search