Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Apr 25, 2020, 11:26 AM
    Used Car / Transfer Ownership / Taxes ??
    Giving a 7 yr old Chrysler 200 to a Friend , Car Body is still in top shape.. Rear Main Seal is leaking and a couple other things , Repair is guesstimated at around $1,500.. The agreement is the Recipient of the Car will cover the Cost of Repair .. Under the Province of Ontario MTO the Sales Tax under Transfer of Ownership is taken from the Red Book Value determined jointly by the Insurance Industry & Dealership Associations.. If an Appraised Value of a lessor amount is Accepted by the Ministry then that is what the Tax is taken from.. My Son is of the opinion He being the previous owner pre Transfer of Ownership pays the Sales Tax as he has to Declare the Tax as Income.. Thoughts & Opinions Appreciated.. Cheers Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer of ownership between siblings [ 8 Answers ]

My siblings and I owe a triplex. Neither of us live in it. My brother wants out. He doesn't want to sell his portion but he wants to gift it to us. Are there any tax implications for him if he does this?

Transfer of ownership of the house [ 1 Answers ]

6 of us partners bought 3 houses under an umbrella LLC. Now, that 2 of us want to split from the company. We are going to get a house. Do we just need a title transfer or do we have to go through all the closing costs?

Transfer of House ownership [ 2 Answers ]

How do I transfer ownership of house in Quebec

Home transfer of ownership in Quebec [ 2 Answers ]

My parents have decided they no longer want the responsibility of home ownership and would like me to take this over. The home is a duplex, with no mortgage. My parents live in the upper apartment and my family and I have lived in the lower apartment for the past 14 years. What is the best way...

Transfer of Ownership [ 1 Answers ]

My mother recently became unable to care for her home. She refinanced it and asked me to move in. She is now living with my sister. I am paying the loan even though it's in her name. She has asked me to get information about transferring the ownership. She would like the house to be in...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.