Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2020, 05:14 AM
    "Bizarre", "Lunacy", "Dangerous", "Idiotic"
    These are some of the global reactions to Trump's incredibly moronic idea of doctors testing the injection of disinfectants into the human body to cure Covid-19.

The makers of Lysol had to go so far as to issue a statement that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any of their products be injected, ingested or by any other route into the human body.

At the same time Trump promoted this idea, he referred to himself, pointing to his head, as "I know things, I am very....." He was interrupted before finishing his statement with "smart".

God help us from this madman.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2020, 05:53 AM
    This is his quote. “I see that disinfectant knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. By injection inside…or almost a cleaning. Cause you see it gets in the lungs and does a tremendous number on the lungs. It would be interesting to check that so you’ll have to use medical doctors,” he told Bryan following his presentation. “But it sounds interesting to me. We’ll see, but the whole concept of the light the way it goes in there in one minute. It’s pretty powerful.”

So at no place does he suggest that anyone inject themselves with Lysol. He was simply thinking out loud, which one could hope he would have learned by now not to do. It could certainly qualify as a dumb statement, but he did not say what you suggested. He did not tell anyone to do anything.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2020, 06:17 AM
    It could certainly qualify as a dumb statement, but he did not say what you suggested. He did not tell anyone to do anything.
    To even suggest such a thing amidst this climate of fear and uncertainty is both preposterous and dangerous as well as totally bizarre and to pass it off as a dumb statement undermines his propensity for dumb statements EVERYDAY.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2020, 06:18 AM
    Injecting a poison is not a cure, there are other drugs that have been shown to be effective
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2020, 06:36 AM
    ABC News reporter Jon Karl :“The president mentioned the idea of a cleaner, bleach and isopropyl alcohol emerging. There’s no scenario where that could be injected into a person, is there?”

Bryan:“No, I’m here to talk about the finds that we had in the study,” “We don’t do that within that lab at our labs.

”Trump :“It wouldn’t be through injections, you’re talking about almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big affect if it’s on a stationary object.”

Only complete idiots believe he meant injecting bleach or Lysol. Which makes sense considering who’s claiming he said that.

and here is the technology for using UVA internally .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

I will agree that Trump should defer to his medical experts when discussing medical issues.
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2020, 07:23 AM
    Isn't it amazing how people on this board who endlessly accuse Trump of lying are so fast and loose with the truth?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2020, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Only complete idiots believe he meant injecting bleach or Lysol. Which makes sense considering who’s claiming he said that.
    Isn't it amazing how people on this board who endlessly accuse Trump of lying are so fast and loose with the truth?
    Two of them (Republicans) hit the news when they drank fish-tank cleaner that contains a chemical Trump talked about and hyped.

I will agree that Trump should defer to his medical experts when discussing medical issues.
    I totally agree with you, tomder! In fact, he shouldn't even mention possible cures.
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2020, 09:19 AM
    yup idiots Trump never suggested to anyone to drink fish tank cleaner ,just like he did NOT suggest that anyone should inject themselves with Lysol bleach or IPA .
    Trump did what he always does: he played a single person game of telephone, in which somebody gave him information, he processed it, and it came out of his mouth in a completely different way.
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2020, 12:12 PM
    circa 1928 . Coolidge asks one of his scientist 'would it be possible to target nuclear radiation at a patient to cure cancer ? '

or Lincoln asked his surgeon ; Can fox glove be used to treat heart disease ?

or maybe one day Trump could ask if using low dose arsenic can potentially cure leukemia .

can the venom of a yellow scorpion help cure brain cancer ?

I know hydrogen peroxide is used topically . What if we injected it into a tumor or cyst ?
    Expert

Apr 24, 2020, 12:28 PM
    yup idiots Trump never suggested to anyone to drink fish tank cleaner ,just like he did NOT suggest that anyone should inject themselves with Lysol bleach or IPA .
    Trump did what he always does: he played a single person game of telephone, in which somebody gave him information, he processed it, and it came out of his mouth in a completely different way.
    We all agree he should leave the scientific facts to his experts, then maybe we would have to be shocked at his 'injecting disinfectant" comments, but from Dr. Binx's reactions via body language and the reporting on the reaction of staff he should definitely stick to the script, or leave before he has to answer questions, or rift from the top of his head.

That would make for a dull presser no doubt and leave the media with NOTHING new.

@Tom. what a president and his staff and experts discuss should be between them, but like you said the dufus blurts out whatever his distorted brain comes up with because there was no suggestion of using disinfectants on people, just sufaces.
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2020, 02:42 PM
    Two of them (Republicans) hit the news when they drank fish-tank cleaner that contains a chemical Trump talked about and hyped.
    Complete and total falsehood. Shame on you.

'injecting disinfectant"
    Why is that in quotes? He did not say that.
    Expert

Apr 24, 2020, 03:32 PM
    1. Wonder if they would be alive had they not listened to the dufus?

2. Yes he did in his NYy dialect.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2020, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Complete and total falsehood. Shame on you.
    "An Arizona man died after swallowing a chemical used in fish tank cleaners...The man and his wife both ingested chloroquine phosphate, reportedly believing it to be a miracle cure for coronavirus."
    https://reason.com/2020/03/24/chloro...arizona-death/

"The man who died ingesting fish tank cleaner thinking it was the drug championed by Donald Trump to beat COVID-19 has been remembered as a 'level-headed' engineer.

Gary Lenius and his wife Wanda, both in their 60s, took chloroquine phosphate, confusing it with hydroxychloroquine, last month. Gary died and Wanda was left in critical condition after drinking the chemical."
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ned-Trump.html

''injecting disinfectant"

Why is that in quotes? He did not say that.
    Yes, he did.

AYESHA RASCOE, NPR: Mr. President, can you clarify your comments about injections of disinfectant? They were quite provocative.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: No, I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...sarcastic.html

Too many people don't recognize sarcasm when it comes from our dear leader, President Trump.
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2020, 05:15 PM
    in light of today's statements I can no longer defend his comments . Also it is wise that they are pulling him back from the daily briefing .
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2020, 05:48 PM
    Yes, he did.

AYESHA RASCOE, NPR: Mr. President, can you clarify your comments about injections of disinfectant? They were quite provocative.
    You say he did, and then you quote Ayesha Rascoe. So in what way does that show that Trump made the comment?

As to the fish tank cleaner, it has been hashed and rehashed on this board. If you are saying that an older couple made a tragic mistake, then that's fine, but then we have to ask why you would even bring it up. If you are suggesting that Trump was in any reasonable manner responsible for the man's death, the you are engaging in a falsehood.

I am not defending the president's comments. He needs to learn to keep his big mouth shut, but to give these fake quotes does not help matters any.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2020, 05:48 PM
    in light of today's statements I can no longer defend his comments . Also it is wise that they are pulling him back from the daily briefing .
    President Donald Trump no longer calls his daily press conferences “Coronavirus Task Force briefings,” but up until Friday they still usually last up to two hours, including his robust attacks on the White House press corps. Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx were absent from Friday’s briefing, which lasted only about 21 minutes.

Clearly in response to Trump’s extremely dangerous remarks Thursday, suggesting doctors test the “injection” of disinfectants into the human body to try to cure coronavirus, along with dangerous quackery of inserting ultraviolet light or heat into the body to generate a miracle coronavirus cure, the White House decided to draw a line and stop the President from answering any more questions.

“A number of Trump’s most trusted advisers — both inside and outside the White House — have urged him to stop doing marathon televised briefings,” Axios reported minutes after the briefing ended.
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/tru...ection-crisis/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2020, 06:01 PM
    You say he did, and then you quote Ayesha Rascoe. So in what way does that show that Trump made the comment?
    Here's Trump's quote plus the video is available to see if you click the link at the end of the quote:

Trump: "So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."
    https://news.yahoo.com/see-full-vide...133316003.html
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2020, 06:19 PM
    I have posted that quote myself. I have looked at it very carefully and do not see where Trump made reference to "injecting disinfectant". Tal made that a direct quotation, so the exact wording would have to be there. Correct?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2020, 06:43 PM
    I have posted that quote myself. I have looked at it very carefully and do not see where Trump made reference to "injecting disinfectant". Tal made that a direct quotation, so the exact wording would have to be there. Correct?
    I bolded the "injecting disinfectant" part. Please put on your reading glasses.
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2020, 06:48 PM
    instead of dissecting yesterday's statements I am concentration on his clear lies today in saying his comments were sarcastic. HE acted like he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar and still denying it while his hand is still in the jar . He lost all possible credibility on this issue . Someone in the White House made the call to limit the damage by reducing the time he has at these daily briefings . I'm betting that what he says going forward will be controlled . His tweets we shall see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Please convert "Evolution", "Transformation", "Phoenix" in Sanskrit [ 0 Answers ]

Please convert 1. "Evolution", 2."Transformation", 3."Phoenix" in Sanskrit God bless - this will be used for a tattoo

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search