Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Apr 22, 2020, 02:30 PM
    HOA issue
    I live in a nice community and pay my monthly HOA dues on time every time. I told them about a dead tree that is facing my backyard. The tree is very ugly and its dead branches extend well into my backyard. It is on the other side of my fenced backyard so clearly it is part of their upkeep responsibility to remove it. It has been months so they know about it, but they have not taken any action. Every visitor notices it. The tree simply is an eye sore. Why are these HOA's very good at collecting money and watching out for any violation to promptly issue monetary penalties but not so quick to act when it comes to spending money ? How can I force them to cut it ? Can I withhold my monthly fee until the tree is cut ? Law suit ? Thanks for your ideas.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 22, 2020, 03:18 PM
    Before you take any actions so drastic that gives them fuel to bite you in the butt, arrange a meeting with the responsible party in the HOA and keep good notes. Maybe an agreement can be reached, maybe it won't, but that would be my first step. Also your local code enforcement can give you some valuable information as dead trees can be a safety hazard, and you never know the damage it can cause if it decides to fall. Surely they don't want that liability!

Please keep us updated on any progress, or problems. Yes they have been known to blow people off because they can.
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Apr 23, 2020, 06:56 AM
    Excellent advice ! Thank you, and I will keep you posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Issue with Air Handler Motor, Can't Fins Similar Issue Online [ 4 Answers ]

I've got an AC unit in Florida that is only 7 years old. Recently, the air handler coils froze. Called AC tech who replaced the capacitor and all was good. 3 weeks later, they froze again. The motor stopped running on the air handler while the compressor was still running. Tech came out and all he...

I have an issue with a not dripping,but a running tub faucet. How to fix this issue ? [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Joey ,I have a faucet for my tub that is running , not just dripping . It's a three handle set up which consists of Hot + Shower diverter valve + Cold. The assembly is made by Gerber from what I can see . How or what can be done to fix this issue , killing my water bill.. I really do not...

Is this a sinus issue or an ear issue? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I get an earache almost every single time I catch a bug, so this doesn't really worry me, but it's getting quite irritating and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what exactly is going on: I have been kind of sneezy, but not sick. Figured it was allergies? First, my inner ear (left...

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

View more questions Search