Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2020, 09:16 PM
    Trump's Deadly Failure - The 70 Days Delay

"What's the problem? A few tens of thousands dead more or less because of my delay. There's plenty more where that came from. No big deal!"

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2020, 10:04 PM
    Just trimming the population in those democrat boroughs
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2020, 01:24 AM
    Until it gets to the republican stix, the military, and the unreported old folks homes in all the states. Doesn't seem to take much to get started. Once it starts I don't think your political party will have much to do with it.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2020, 11:28 AM
    Hard to believe, but Lindsey Graham claims Trump saved "millions of lives" by his action fighting the virus. Trump did exactly nothing for the entire month of February and nothing for 2-3 weeks into March.

After Trump's soft ban on China January 31, he dropped the ball, saying there was no problem, "I will fix it", and other idiotic statements.

During that 70 days, he was repeatedly warned by his advisors, the CDC, WHO, Drs. Fauci and Birx, the media, and his political appointees that a pandemic was coming. He ignored them all until the situation became overwhelming, even for a buffoon like Trump.
    Expert

Apr 16, 2020, 04:58 PM
    Those SBA loans are out of money, before the average man has seen a dime, as unemployment and long food bank lines are growing. Yeah we will be back to normal in May and the dufus can't wait to see live sports again. Who will he blame in May when none of that happens?
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2020, 05:06 PM
    Ah the darling month of May, well April is a writeoff
    Expert

Apr 16, 2020, 08:07 PM
    No telling at this time how many months we have to write off. We learn as we go.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2020, 08:21 PM
    I'll just start with today which is a write off so far,
    Expert

Apr 17, 2020, 10:10 AM
    I'm still trying to finish stuff I did't get to yesteday, and likely there will be enough leftover for Saturday as well.
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2020, 05:18 PM
    the malaise has set in, I've got a half painted gable on the end of my house
    Expert

Apr 17, 2020, 06:42 PM
    Tell me about it! Malais should be for sandwiches not chores and projects. I like sandwiches...chores and projects not so much.
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2020, 07:24 PM
    I have a number of incomplete projects, lack of motivation and following a directive to stay at home doesn't help
    Expert

Apr 18, 2020, 06:02 PM
    I'm at home a lot anyway, and have a lot of plain lazy days...like today for instance. Maybe tomorrow too, we will just have to wait and see! I could really use a bidet, with a power brush attachment on days like this.
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2020, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I'm at home a lot anyway, and have a lot of plain lazy days...like today for instance. Maybe tomorrow too, we will just have to wait and see! I could really use a bidet, with a power brush attachment on days like this.
    Bidet retrofit for existing toilets are readily available on the internet, $70, you could invite jl over to fit it for you. You and I seem to share the same work plan
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2020, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I could really use a bidet, with a power brush attachment on days like this.
    Do you mean this one, tal?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQM__8...ature=youtu.be
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2020, 08:58 PM
    Yes That's it,
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...0,1,3,4,6,8,10 that's actually the one I mean
    Expert

Apr 19, 2020, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    LOL, I think a butt butler is a great idea. Might save on toilet paper too.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes That's it,
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...0,1,3,4,6,8,10 that's actually the one I mean
    I've seen them for years and Euros love them but a rotating brush would be a nice addition...variable speeds and self cleaning, of course. Maybe a scent spritzer too that covers funky farts! That would be innovative.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2020, 06:40 AM
    What 70 days were these ? They had to have been before January 6 when Trump's CDC began taking action.
    Expert

Apr 22, 2020, 06:54 AM
    Was that when they found out the tests didn't work? We still are rationing what tests we do have after the dufus proudly proclaims we have done more testing than anybody in the world which is true using just raw numbers, but we are last in per capita testing, but if thats all you got then that's all you got. Doesn't help if it's not a priority to ramp up testing and states certainly are trying by hook, crook, and steath since FEMA is intercepting shipments, helped by the FBI.

Feds VS States doesn't help.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2020, 07:54 AM
    January 3 CDC Director Robert Redfield sent an email to the director of the Chinese CDC, George Gao, formally offering to send U.S. experts to China to investigate the coronavirus.
    CDC Director Redfield sent another email to the Chinese CDC Director, George Gao, formally offering to send U.S. experts to China to investigate the coronavirus outbreak,Jan 6 CDC issued a travel notice on Wuhan, China, before any U.S. infection arose.

Jan 6 CDC issued a travel notice on Wuhan, China, before any U.S. infection arose.
    The CDC established a coronavirus incident management system to better share and respond to information about the virus.

Jan 17 CDC began enhanced screening for COVID-19 symptoms at three U.S. airports, in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York's JFK. U.S. infections: Zero.

Jan 20
    CDC opened an emergency operations center after one U.S. COVID-19 patient was diagnosed.
    Dr. Fauci announces the National Institutes of Health is already working on the development of a vaccine for the coronavirus.

Jan 21 CDC expanded COVID-19 checks to airports in Chicago and Atlanta.
    CDC activated its emergency operations center to provide ongoing support to the coronavirus response.

January 21The CDC sought a “special emergency authorization” from the FDA to allow states to use its newly developed coronavirus test.

Jan 20 Trump tweeted that he made an offer to President Xi Jinping to send experts to China to investigate the coronavirus outbreak.
    CDC issued a level III travel health notice urging Americans to avoid all nonessential travel to China due to the coronavirus.

Jan 29 Trump creates the coronavirus task force

Jan 31
    One day after the WHO declared COVID-19 a “Public Health Emergency of International Concern,” Trump restricted travel from China.Quid pro Joe this policy “hysterical xenophobia.” CDC began the first mandatory quarantines since the 1960s. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar declared “a public health emergency in the United States.”

Feb 2
    CDC added Honolulu, Seattle and Dulles airports to those already screening travelers from China.

Feb 4 FDA
    allowed emergency use of CDC’s COVID-19 test in non-CDC labs. “My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from” COVID-19, Trump said in his State of the Union address.

Feb 5
    White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney and Secretary Azar briefed lawmakers on COVID-19. “Several House lawmakers of both parties said the administration has the situation under control,” the Seattle Times reported.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...irus-response/

The House Foreign Affairs Committee held a hearing on “The Wuhan Coronavirus.” This was the first time that either House of Congress addressed this . They were all too preoccupied trying to convict Trump.

Feb 6
    CDC began shipping CDC-Developed test kits for the 2019 Coronavirus to U.S. and international labs.

Feb 9
    Trump’s Coronavirus Task Force briefed the states' chief executives at the National Governors Association Meeting.

Feb 11
    HHS expanded collaboration with Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Research & Development division to produce a COVID-19 vaccine.

Feb 12 The U.S. shipped test kits for the 2019 novel coronavirus to approximately 30 countries who lacked the necessary reagents and other materials.

Feb 14
    CDC began working with five labs to conduct “community-based influenza surveillance” to study and detect the spread of coronavirus.

Feb 18
    HHS offered expertise and funds to help Sanofi Pasteur develop a COVID-19 vaccine and treatments.

Feb 26 Trump assigned VP Mike Pence to lead the administration’s COVID-19 response.

Feb 24
    The Trump Administration sent a letter to Congress requesting at least $2.5 billion to help combat the spread of the coronavirus.

Feb 29
    FDA let LabCorp, Quest, and other diagnosticians develop COVID-19 tests and liberated states to engage some 2,000 such laboratories. The administration discouraged travel to parts of South Korea and Italy and restricted arrivals from Iran.

March 3
    CDC lifted federal restrictions on coronavirus testing to allow any American to be tested for coronavirus, “subject to doctor’s orders.”

March 4
    The Trump Administration announced the purchase of approximately 500 million N95 respirators over the next 18 months to respond to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.
    Secretary Azar announced that HHS was transferring $35 million to the CDC to help state and local communities that have been impacted most by the coronavirus.

March 6
    Trump signed $8.3 billion in COVID-19 response funds approved by both Houses of Congress on March 4 .

March 10
    Trump and Pence met with top health insurance companies and secured a commitment to waive co-pays for coronavirus testing.

March 11 Trump restricts travel from Europe .

March 13
    , Trump proclaimed a national emergency, unleashed $42 billion, forgave student-loan interest; deregulated telemedicine, interstate medical practice and the hiring of physicians at hospitals; and persuaded Costco, Walmart and other retailers to launch drive-thru COVID-19 tests. FDA let Roche and Thermo Fisher produce COVID-19 tests.
    HHS announced funding for the development of two new rapid diagnostic tests, which would be able to detect coronavirus in approximately 1 hour.

March 15
    HHS announced it is projected to have 1.9 million COVID-19 tests available in 2,000 labs this week.
    Google announced a partnership with the Trump Administration to develop a website dedicated to coronavirus education, prevention, & local resources.
    All 50 states were contacted through FEMA to coordinate “federally-supported, state-led efforts” to end coronavirus
    March 16 Trump Announced that the first potential vaccine for coronavirus has entered a phase one trial in a record amount of time. Announced “15 days to slow the spread” coronavirus guidance.
    The FDA announced it was empowering states to authorize tests developed and used by labs in their states.
    Asst. Secretary for Health confirmed the availability of 1 million coronavirus tests, and projected 2 million tests available the next week and 5 million the following.

March 17
    The Department of Defense announced it will make available to HHS up to five million respirator masks and 2,000 ventilators.

March 18
    Trump signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which provides free testing and paid sick leave for workers impacted by the coronavirus.He also temporarily closed the US Canada border to non-essential travel. He also announced that he plans
    to invoke the Defense Production Act .Also FEMA activated in every region at its highest level of response .The U.S. Navy will deploy USNS Comfort and USNS Mercy hospital ships. All foreclosures and evictions will be suspended for a period of time.
    HHS temporarily suspended a regulation that prevents doctors from practicing across state lines.

March 19
    Pence announced tens of thousands of ventilators have been identified that can be converted to treat patients.
    The State Department issued a global level 4 health advisory, telling Americans to avoid all international travel due to coronavirus.
    Trump directed FEMA to take the lead on the Federal Government’s coronavirus response

March 20
    Secretary Azar sent a letter to all 50 Governors that the federal government is buying and making available 200,000 testing swabs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

15 days delay in next period... [ 1 Answers ]

I married on 10-08-2014, my wife have last period on 29-09-2014 and the previous period was on 13-08-2014. I was thing thing that my wife is pregnant but after 15 days next period occur . She is totally healthy and she is not pregnant then why delay in next period came?I have a skin problem from my...

Anti short cycle timer delay failure... [ 0 Answers ]

Anti short cycle time delay only lasts one season & needs to be replaced... any idea why?

How to delay or start period early by this weekend (4 days) [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 17 an it's a major event this weekend an I mean major

I'm 8 Days Delay, My PT is negative, Could I be Pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: Hello everyone! My regular cycle is 30days, sometimes 33, but my period didn't come last Jan.22. 08 (based on 30days cycle) and until now, Feb.2, 2008 ( sort of 8 or 10 days delay). I used a home pregnancy test kit but the result is negative. Lately, I'm disposing my feces...

View more questions Search