Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2020, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    People are infection sites and masks may help though how much who can know. We do know the risk go up without them. Does mouth wash kill the virus? I didn't know that.
    Apparently the virus lodges in the throat for a few days before descending to the lungs, using an antiseptic gargle kills it in the throat
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2020, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Apparently the virus lodges in the throat for a few days before descending to the lungs, using an antiseptic gargle kills it in the throat
    And spit out all the mucus etc. after each gargle.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 10, 2020, 04:50 AM
    The prevalent test is a nose swab, so spit instead of swallow with or without the mouthwash.
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2020, 06:04 PM
    Yes I hear that nose swab is unpleasant, but how can you tell if you have CV19 when the flu is much the same
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2020, 07:16 PM
    Trump's delay in responding to the Covid-19 outbreak resulted in 36,000 deaths according to epidemiologists at Columbia University. Other studies have put the figure as high as 60,000 deaths.

During the delay in responding, Trump spent his time golfing and holding rallies. He was warned in plenty of time to react that the pandemic was happening but he called it a "hoax". Later, he said bizarrely, that he knew it was a pandemic before anybody else.

The history books now have another major item to associate with Trump - one of only three presidents to be impeached in more than 200 years, and the president that fiddled while his country burned.
    Expert

May 21, 2020, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes I hear that nose swab is unpleasant, but how can you tell if you have CV19 when the flu is much the same
    A scientist can tell. I can't.
    Expert

May 21, 2020, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Trump's delay in responding to the Covid-19 outbreak resulted in 36,000 deaths according to epidemiologists at Columbia University. Other studies have put the figure as high as 60,000 deaths.

During the delay in responding, Trump spent his time golfing and holding rallies. He was warned in plenty of time to react that the pandemic was happening but he called it a "hoax". Later, he said bizarrely, that he knew it was a pandemic before anybody else.

The history books now have another major item to associate with Trump - one of only three presidents to be impeached in more than 200 years, and the president that fiddled while his country burned.
    The disgusting part is the dufus push to restore the economy while he pushes addressing the virus to the states puts us all at a greater risk of the virus. Second wave through the south predicted within the next month. It's not even Memorial Day yet and the spikes are already popping up.
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2020, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The disgusting part is the dufus push to restore the economy while he pushes addressing the virus to the states puts us all at a greater risk of the virus. Second wave through the south predicted within the next month. It's not even Memorial Day yet and the spikes are already popping up.
    I feel for you over there, the virus has been a very mild outbreak here, lots of fear but actually much less impact than the flu, any problems are just the result of panic, because someone used the word pandemic, he is probably just looking at our experience and wishing he could translate it into his
    Expert

May 21, 2020, 07:55 PM
    Really hope it stays that way for you folks. Please send us some mouthwash.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 22, 2020, 03:42 AM
    Yeah. The solution is plainly just to shut down the entire economy, lock everyone in their homes, and let the nation starve. Then, after a few months of that, we can open up what's left of the economy and end up on the level of Mexico. But that would at least solve the problem of illegal immigration. No one would want to come here.

A serious economic depression would be at least as dangerous as this virus if not more so. Sweden did not shut down and they are doing better than several of the larger European nations that tried to lock things down.
    Expert

May 22, 2020, 05:19 AM
    To date no one has starved and food has been distributed robustly and as you have noted before the whole economy hasn't been shut down. Just the blue collar folks. You want to compare us to Sweden though? This is what the Swedish Ambassador said recently

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ntary-strategy

"In the meantime, life is not carrying on as normal in Sweden. Most people are staying at home voluntarily. Domestic train travel, a major means of transportation, has fallen drastically, and almost all domestic flights have been canceled. Many businesses have closed. Unemployment is expected to rise dramatically. In response, the government has approved crisis packages to mitigate the financial impact of the pandemic on Swedish businesses and workers."

Our ways of getting money to the people that need it seems way to slow. Just adding to the fears of those workers, since many threats have been made if those workers don't go back to work here as we rush to reopen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

15 days delay in next period... [ 1 Answers ]

I married on 10-08-2014, my wife have last period on 29-09-2014 and the previous period was on 13-08-2014. I was thing thing that my wife is pregnant but after 15 days next period occur . She is totally healthy and she is not pregnant then why delay in next period came?I have a skin problem from my...

Anti short cycle timer delay failure... [ 0 Answers ]

Anti short cycle time delay only lasts one season & needs to be replaced... any idea why?

How to delay or start period early by this weekend (4 days) [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 17 an it's a major event this weekend an I mean major

I'm 8 Days Delay, My PT is negative, Could I be Pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: Hello everyone! My regular cycle is 30days, sometimes 33, but my period didn't come last Jan.22. 08 (based on 30days cycle) and until now, Feb.2, 2008 ( sort of 8 or 10 days delay). I used a home pregnancy test kit but the result is negative. Lately, I'm disposing my feces...

View more questions Search