Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harkplumb Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2020, 10:30 AM
    Health Care Market Place and Fed. Govt. stimulus check
    My wife has her health insurance coverage through the Health Care Market Place which determines the amount of her subsidy according to household income.
    The Market Place requires that any changes in household income must be reported.
    Does anyone know if his stimulus money must be reported as an increase in income?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 5, 2020, 07:16 AM
    What a great question and the short answer is nobody know what will happen regarding those stimulus checks yet. I doubt the government knows at this point.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/is-a-...-back-in-2021/

Apr 6, 2020, 08:28 AM
    I did see where folks were asking if this stimulus money is going to have
    to be claimed as income at tax time at the end of the year and some were
    saying NO, it would be considered as non-taxable income. I don't know if
    that was an official answer from the govt or just someone's personal opinion.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 6, 2020, 08:47 AM
    I have not seen a government response to your question. Hopefully one will be forthcoming.

Apr 11, 2020, 11:01 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I guess maybe I'm asking the question too soon. You are right in that possibly even the govt. doesn't even have an answer as of yet.
    I guess I like to be on top of things so we don't have any surprises.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2020, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by harkplumb View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I guess maybe I'm asking the question too soon. You are right in that possibly even the govt. doesn't even have an answer as of yet.
    I guess I like to be on top of things so we don't have any surprises.
    I checked several reliable sites:

"Any money you receive will not be considered taxable as the IRS considers it a credit, or money you’ve already paid that they’re giving back to you."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obama Care Market Place financial profile update question [ 1 Answers ]

Each year when we sign up for Obama Care we are instructed to report what our income will be for the that year and that we need to update financial information with the Insurance Market Place whenever there are changes to our income during that year. This year, I no sooner signed up for Obama...

Stimulus check [ 4 Answers ]

Are we receiving a stimulus check in 2009?

Stimulus check [ 6 Answers ]

If I had to pay taxes but had the amount deducted electronically, whill I get a direct deposit or paper check for the stimulus refund? So far I haven't received anything!

Stimulus Check [ 14 Answers ]

Okay, has anyone received their stimulus check? I was supposed to get mine today. My fiance's social security number is after mine and he has already gotten his. I called the IRS.. that was a waste of time. And the automated system that has been set up to answer the 500 million calls told me " we...

Stimulus check [ 1 Answers ]

So I used turbo-tax and filed my taxes by Feb. 2, 2008 and used direct deposit. My last two digits of my social is 56, how come I hadn't received my stimulus check?

View more questions Search