Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2020, 01:53 PM
    A Paean to the Republicans and Their Cult Leader Trump by Me and My Friend
    Back in the year 2000 my conservative friend was all excited about the incoming George W Bush administration. Eight years of peace, prosperity and a balanced budget under Bill Clinton was just more than he could stand. After all, he had sex with an intern and had a D after his name.

I warned him that George W Bush had never succeeded at anything in his entire life and such people don't make good presidents. You know the rest of the story. The worst terrorist attack on American soil, two endless unwinnable wars, torturing prisoners of war, an ill advised tax cut to the rich, hurricane Katrina, the worst economic collapse since 1929 and trillion dollar annual deficits.

America paid a huge price for the George W Bush presidency but it doesn't end there. Under the Obama administration the economy would recover but that wasn't enough for a certain segment of the American people.

A con-man with bad hair and clown make-up came along promising to MAGA. Despite his multiple bankruptcies, fraudulent university, fraudulent charitable foundation and outlandish promises the American people were once again taken in by the con-man. They felt that at last someone was "listening to us".

Actually it was the other way around. The American people were listening to Trump and he was feeding off the attention.

Once Trump won the election his followers didn't care that they were paying for the ridiculous wall and not Mexico. They didn't care that children were separated from their families, some never to be returned. They didn't care about yet another tax cut for the rich or the plundering of environmental regulations. The economy was growing and adding jobs at the same rate as President Obama but Trump was MAGA.

The first three years Trump had a relatively easy ride on President Obama's economy. Then he had to face his first crisis. He started by downplaying the coronavirus. He told us he did a great job because we had 15 cases and soon it would be down to zero. The virus would miraculously disappear when the weather gets warmer. As the cases started building Trump pivoted to conspiracy theories. It was the latest "Democratic hoax" and it was a "Chinese virus". He has lied about the availability of tests, vaccines and cures.

Rather than meet this challenge head on, Trump delayed for critical weeks early on. Now it will cost an additional trillion dollars in borrowed money on top of the trillion dollars we borrow every year because Republicans believe that the rich shouldn't have to pay taxes.

Forget about funding much needed infrastructure, education or healthcare. All that is out the window thanks to Trump’s mismanagement of a serious crisis. Thanks to Trump we are no longer concerned about the economy growing too slowly. We are concerned about a recession reaching depression-like levels.

There's no telling how long this will last. The question is will America ever be the same again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2020, 02:47 PM
    Has any human that goes through traumas and life changing events ever been the same again? Have wars and scandals and LIES changed us, traumatized us? I certainly hope so, if for no other reason to make us more wary and aware, and quicker to actions. At the risk of sounding political, or BIASED, if we have not learned through this regime that actions are needed very soon, I am afraid America will drown in its own sh1t, and stink up the place for a long time to come, unless we change course immediately. We need a spring cleaning on steroids from this abysmal fall into worse than mediocrity that borders on criminal.

Then we can MAGA in actions and not just words, that we have fallen to in looking for an easy quick fix. Vote democratic across the board because the country you save may be our own.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2020, 04:19 PM
    so If I read this correctly Trump is to blame for the virus when all the time he has been trying to control the borders, just the wrong border as it turns out. Vote demonrat they say and save the country, what makes you think there will be a country to save or a ballot box to attend. This virus is a great reason to suspend the election, can't have people congregating at a poll booth. But don't worry by then elections will be carried out over the phone to avoid contact
    Expert

Apr 3, 2020, 05:17 PM
    Phone voting would be good, mail too, why not? The dufus said no way though, because Americans cheat too much. In that he is an expert. He is in no way to blame for the virus, but he is wholly responsible for what he does about it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2020, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Phone voting would be good, mail too, why not? The dufus said no way though, because Americans cheat too much. In that he is an expert. He is in no way to blame for the virus, but he is wholly responsible for what he does about it.
    You treat him as if he were God, just a wave of the hand and it is fixed, no doubt he thinks solutions come out of his mouth but it just isn't so. He can no more do anything about it than he can stop getting it himself
    Expert

Apr 4, 2020, 05:08 AM
    That's just conservatives.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2020, 05:29 AM
    well you treat him as if he were the devil
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2020, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Ahh, you're getting closer!
    Expert

Apr 5, 2020, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Well Clete he acts like one talks like one and has done very little a good human would do, but a lot a bad human does so can you blame me?
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2020, 07:30 PM
    I don't blame you, this is not a blame game, but I don't blame Trump either, you both have a equal ability to affect the outcome of the virus
    Expert

Apr 6, 2020, 04:23 AM
    Naw, I think the dufus has much more authority to affect about everything than I do.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2020, 05:05 AM
    Well he has certainly changed his tune lately, auditioning for his next TV gig, news announcer
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2020, 06:05 AM
    Bill Clinton had two balanced budgets because he was working with a repub Congress which insisted upon it. Obama engaged in more deficit spending than all other presidents before him combined, and yet we ended up with a tepid economy and the slowest recovery from a recession in a hundred years. The Trump economy had been setting records for low unemployment before this virus disaster. Even before this, no one was interested in balanced budgets, dem or repub. The American people have grown too soft and comfortable to worry about such trivialities.

The truth sure has a way of changing these narratives, doesn't it?
    Expert

Apr 6, 2020, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Bill Clinton had two balanced budgets because he was working with a repub Congress which insisted upon it. Obama engaged in more deficit spending than all other presidents before him combined, and yet we ended up with a tepid economy and the slowest recovery from a recession in a hundred years. The Trump economy had been setting records for low unemployment before this virus disaster. Even before this, no one was interested in balanced budgets, dem or repub. The American people have grown too soft and comfortable to worry about such trivialities.

The truth sure has a way of changing these narratives, doesn't it?
    It was all good for the dufus until a bug invaded America and wiped out everything he was so proud of. His response is tepid and slow too, so far. That truth has certainly changed the narrative.
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2020, 07:33 AM
    His response has drawn the praise of even some democrat govs, so it must not be what you are describing.

It was all good for the dufus until
    I'm happy to see you acknowledge that.
    Expert

Apr 6, 2020, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    His response has drawn the praise of even some democrat govs, so it must not be what you are describing.
    Just because they thank him and acknowledge SOME of his actions, even repub governors are repeating the same message about lack of resources and critical supplies while NOT blasting the dufus for not delivering, especially the non response that puts acquisition of said resources in a bidding war between the states and feds driving up costs. Tepid praise is the way I describe them stroking his ego because they need this dufus to act. Or coaxing as you would a petulant kid with a quick temper and foul mouth, and vindictive nature for sure.

I'm happy to see you acknowledge that.
    I've never denied it just the credit is a shared one, but he's owning everything now though whether he likes it or not. LOL, hospitals are not the only ones stressed as the toll on the human psyche with the deaths will be a huge source of pain he must address. He's a bit slow there too, of which at this time I can understand as he is a big dufus without a clue, but can't stop selling himself as more than that!

You obviously didn't see his presser yesterday where he prevented Dr. Fauci, his expert, from answering reporter medical questions, or Navarro's interview about his tensions with Fauci on CNN this morning.
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2020, 10:33 AM
    lack of resources and critical supplies
    Can't the states do these things? It reminds me of Hurricane Katrina when the mayor of N.O. and the gov of LA were both shown to be incompetent nitwits, and yet the entire thing ended up being the fault of Bush. Politics.
    Expert

Apr 6, 2020, 11:51 AM
    It was his fault partially as he was as incompetent as the state and locals. Katrina was but one mistake of his though, and looking back I can give him credit for the things the original dufus got right, and hopefully I can say the same about the current dufus someday, but so far his character flaws are his most outstanding features that in my opinion flies in the face of good orderly direction on so many levels.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2020, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    It was his fault partially as he was as incompetent as the state and locals. Katrina was but one mistake of his though, and looking back I can give him credit for the things the original dufus got right, and hopefully I can say the same about the current dufus someday, but so far his character flaws are his most outstanding features that in my opinion flies in the face of good orderly direction on so many levels.
    All that is showing is Trump is no statesman, he has become the mouthpiece of opinion, someoneelse's opinion. BS no longer travels any faster than CV. Trump was right about the cure, if not about how it might be used. He has shown himself to be inept in a crisis
    Expert

Apr 9, 2020, 05:56 AM
    The dufus frames all his actions as great, or perfect, and there is hell to pay for any disagreement across the board while he toots his own horn, and beats his own drum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Is this a cult? [ 12 Answers ]

My family has been very worried that my nephew is in a cult. He shaved his head except for a little tail in the back, He has insence burning all the time in his room when he's at home and not at this temple he calls it. He stays there for days at a time and has even went to New York with them and...

Cult [ 3 Answers ]

Can some one please tell me about cults and what is it exactly? Do they have a club? Are they good? ;) thank you Im just kidding about the club thing.

View more questions Search