Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2020, 07:36 AM
    Trump's Administration Sees US Deaths from Virus Set Record.
    Trump's delay/inaction/misinformation in the beginning was a contributing factor to the record number of US deaths from COVID-19. I wonder how many - other than the one confirmed.

Amazing how Trump seems to channel Mussolini with his poses so like the WW2 dictator.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2020, 10:11 AM
    The dufus may well have inspired the actions that couple in Arizona tragically undertook, and we can argue his culpibility level, but what's evident 2 months later is his incompetence and the false hope he feeds us in what is a logistical nightmare. I mean where's the honesty to convey real optimism and not feed us the false hope his exaggerations conveys.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...cid=spartanntp

We still haven't tested nearly enough, nor have a uniform national policy since he cedes that to those governors he quacks to all the time according to him. The big cities are a disaster at this point, and those rural areas will be worse. The numbers just don't lie, and they are going up everywhere. So the dufus cannot be held accountable for what we are experiencing, but we can comment on what he has done about it.

This dude, in repeating what the scientist say, would be the most optimistic death toll projections, actually thinks 1/2 hundred thousand is a good outcome! Maybe it is compared to millions, but damn, that's some scary stuff to already take credit for, if he can achieve it which is debatable given he doesn't/hasn't/ and probably never will fact check very well.

Get that fool off the TV in the evenings and let the experts answer the questions as he show isn't ready for prime time. LOL, he laments the mess he was left and how he fixed it, and it's karma I suppose that he will have to fix a broken health system and the economy on his own this time.

On what happens NOW will he be judged!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2020, 03:20 PM
    lol This was all happening when the Dems were 24-7 impeachment Y'all are 20-20 hindsight . The blame lies SOLEY with the Red Chinese scumbags covering up what was happening in Wuhan with the WHO complicity . When Trump was proactively ordering travel bans from China ,the Dems were debating resolutions that called his actions racist . Your partisanship at this time is going to expose your side for what they are . .
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2020, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    lol This was all happening when the Dems were 24-7 impeachment Y'all are 20-20 hindsight .
    ZAP! WRONG! You sound just like Moscow Mitch McConnell. The impeachment ended six weeks before Trump took any action to plan how to handle the virus. Then he began with really dumb comments - "a hoax", "a miracle will remove it", "it will go to zero in a week", and more like that. Note how drastically he has changed his tune after he realized his re-election was in jeopardy. The 20-20 hindsight - the FALSE 20-20 hindsight - is all yours.

Your partisanship at this time is going to expose your side for what they are . .
    Let's hope so. My "side" is for the truth, always has been.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2020, 04:39 PM
    "Proclamation on Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus" on January 31, 2020.

Feb 5 Trump acquited . http://www.cnn.com/2020/02/05/politi...tal/index.html
    Expert

Mar 31, 2020, 04:56 PM
    Nice spin Tom, but facts is facts

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/th...-restrictions/

Won't comment on his impeachment acquittal, he did what he did and got away with it thanks to Moscow Mitch and his sham court of sycophants. That's a whole different conversation and we must remember Clinton set the tone for working through trials and tribulations.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2020, 05:16 PM
    impeachment, not that old chessnut again, Trump was distracted, now he is just confused by reality
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2020, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Tom is rarely concerned about facts.

Nice link!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2020, 07:32 PM
    Maybe all of you complainers can show us back in January when you were posting that we had better do something about this new Chinese virus. For that matter, maybe you can show us where Pelosi or Biden were telling us what to do at that point. Or where all the liberal dems on this board stood up and cheered when Trump stopped flights from China. The truth is, this virus came basically out of nowhere and has, all in all, been handled pretty well. Not perfectly, but well. I'm not sure how anyone could be prepared for something like this. I do know that cheap criticism is not helpful.

My "side" is for the truth, always has been.
    Was your blatant misrepresentation of the views of Aquinas part of that great concern your "side" has for the truth? You need to be careful with what you post. Some of us remember your past posts quite well. How about your claim that Matthew contained 660 of Mark's 661 verses? Was that the truth?
    Expert

Apr 1, 2020, 04:35 AM
    The lack of testing for everybody is not a cheap criticism, nor is states having a bidding war for resources especially ventilators a cheap criticism, or having an aircraft carrier full of sick military personnel a cheap criticism, and saying the dufus has a bigmouth as he gives false information a cheap criticism. No JL, it's a mark of his total incompetence and still he dithers not telling governors to shut their states down NOW and save lives.
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2020, 05:44 AM
    Your first three comments are just foolish. It would be like criticizing the Japanese in 2011 for not having already evacuated the areas devastated by the tsunami. If we had had a six months warning of the coming virus then sure, those criticisms would be valid, but to think that our country should be able to come up with 300 million test kits in three months from a standing start is ridiculous. No other country has tested everybody. That's why it all is, in reality, cheap criticism.

He has not, to my knowledge, given out false information, and it's not his place to tell governors to shut their states down. It's easy for you to sit in Texas and theorize, but when you talk about shutting down entire states, then you are talking about shutting down entire economies, and since, to the great surprise of lifelong liberals, money actually does not grow on trees, and since all of these treatments for the sick do have to be paid for, then destroying the economy is really not a very good idea. Destroying the economy will cost lives as well. Destroying the economy will cost people their jobs, homes, and property. There is a lot to consider here.

It's just a symptom of irrational, unthinking TDS.
    Expert

Apr 1, 2020, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Your first three comments are just foolish. It would be like criticizing the Japanese in 2011 for not having already evacuated the areas devastated by the tsunami. If we had had a six months warning of the coming virus then sure, those criticisms would be valid, but to think that our country should be able to come up with 300 million test kits in three months from a standing start is ridiculous. No other country has tested everybody. That's why it all is, in reality, cheap criticism.
    It figures you set such a low standard for performance that you compare the greatest nation in the world to other nations that don't come close to us. Wander what all that talking to governors is accomplishing, if not to coordinate the needs of the states to benefit us effectively without a trade war between the states? A commander in chief that doesn't protect his troops is a foolish cheap criticism? Who is the one accepting mediocracy now?

The lack of testing for everybody is not a cheap criticism, nor is states having a bidding war for resources especially ventilators a cheap criticism, or
    having an aircraft carrier full of sick military personnel a cheap criticism

So I'm the one that's foolish to expect more from our great nation?

He has not, to my knowledge, given out false information, and it's not his place to tell governors to shut their states down. It's easy for you to sit in Texas and theorize, but when you talk about shutting down entire states, then you are talking about shutting down entire economies, and since, to the great surprise of lifelong liberals, money actually does not grow on trees, and since all of these treatments for the sick do have to be paid for, then destroying the economy is really not a very good idea. Destroying the economy will cost lives as well. Destroying the economy will cost people their jobs, homes, and property. There is a lot to consider here.
    YUP, that's what I'm talking about and Texas is not shutdown while your state just did, so while you holler about the economy, think of the millions of the dead people who will need to be mourned if you don't shut it down NOW, prolonging the agony for months to come.

It's just a symptom of irrational, unthinking TDS.
    Unrealistic give the situation with this pandemic. I could say a very foolish comment, but I doubt you would understand the criticism, since you never have before. You're great at making excuses why you under perform though.
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2020, 08:32 AM
    So I'm the one that's foolish to expect more from our great nation?
    No, you're being foolish to expect the impossible. You might as well criticize Trump for not putting a manned spaceship on Neptune.

YUP, that's what I'm talking about and Texas is not shutdown while your state just did, so while you holler about the economy, think of the millions of the dead people who will need to be mourned if you don't shut it down NOW, prolonging the agony for months to come.
    Our state is not shutdown. The county I live in is shutdown. And again, it's easy for you to sit in Texas and plead for the dying while never considering the dying that will occur if we end up with a devastated economy. Your mentioning of millions of dead people is hyperbole on steroids.

Unrealistic give the situation with this pandemic. I could say a very foolish comment, but I doubt you would understand the criticism, since you never have before. You're great at making excuses why you under perform though.
    Kind of like you did with the Obama economy? You were just fine with the weakest recovery from a recession in a hundred years, and that despite a doubling of the national debt, but you want to rant and rave about Trump. Yep. A sure symptom of TDS.
    Expert

Apr 1, 2020, 09:00 AM
    No, you're being foolish to expect the impossible. You might as well criticize Trump for not putting a manned spaceship on Neptune.
    The CDC dropped the ball starting with dismantling of the WH team assembled years ago for such emergencies after having been through such an emergencies. Such an early warning team would have been invaluable for a quicker response. Gutting the layers of government such as Homeland Security also played a huge role the slow and inadequate, so yeah let's criticize the dufus for his actions that left us wholly unprepared when we should have been.

Our state is not shutdown. The county I live in is shutdown. And again, it's easy for you to sit in Texas and plead for the dying while never considering the dying that will occur if we end up with a devastated economy. Your mentioning of millions of dead people is hyperbole on steroids.
    Oh that's right, your governor like mine is dithering around the edges of taking precautions, making them 2 of 20 states that like Florida, will see a sharp rise in infected rates and bring the health care facilities to a brimming capacity that extends the recovery rate far beyond it's ability to cope effectively. Yeah money doesn't grow on trees and neither do humans, and if you think about it what are the effects of the economy with sick workers infecting not just the workplace, but customers and consumers too. Of course conservatives don't think that far ahead, so they don't see it coming until it smacks them up side their heads.

Ignoring what is happening already, and think it won't happen to you is as foolish as it gets.

Kind of like you did with the Obama economy? You were just fine with the weakest recovery from a recession in a hundred years, and that despite a doubling of the national debt, but you want to rant and rave about Trump. Yep. A sure symptom of TDS.
    Weakest, but steady and growing for sure when the dufus came along, and hopefully strong enough to weather this corona storm if the dufus doesn't keep screwing it up. Libs saw him coming, and have tried to get rid of this sucker which despite the obvious they hold onto like a dog with a bone. LOL, maybe Obama's economics were the weakest recovery from a recession, but the dufus will have more dead bodies on his hand than Obama did it appears.

He didn't start this thing but his response to it is HIS to own whether he and conservatives like it or not.
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2020, 09:54 AM
    The CDC dropped the ball starting with dismantling of the WH team assembled years ago for such emergencies after having been through such an emergencies.
    Not true. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cs-eliminated/

Ignoring what is happening already, and think it won't happen to you is as foolish as it gets.
    If you find someone doing that, let us know.

but the dufus will have more dead bodies on his hand than Obama did it appears.
    You think maybe that's because he's having to contend with something far more serious that anything Obama encountered? Are you counting the dead bodies from the H1N1 epidemic which Obama largely ignored for weeks and weeks?
    Expert

Apr 1, 2020, 11:06 AM
    I have no prescrption to the post sorry, but read it through other sources and of course I view it differently.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213201124

Asked at a congressional hearing on March 11 whether it was a mistake to eliminate the office, Anthony S. Fauci, who runs the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, diplomatically said: “I wouldn’t necessarily characterize it as a mistake. I would say we worked very well with that office. It would be nice if the office was still there.”
    AND

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...y-leaves-admin

The Post reported that Ziemer will not be replaced, and that his departure means that there is no single official at the highest levels of the administration who focuses only on global health security.
    st reported that Ziemer will not be replaced, and that his departure means that there is no single official at the highest levels of the administration who focuses only on global health security.
    If you find someone doing that, let us know.
    I did in previous post #14, those 19 states governors that have not acted. Forida just went shelter in place statewide.

You think maybe that's because he's having to contend with something far more serious that anything Obama encountered? Are you counting the dead bodies from the H1N1 epidemic which Obama largely ignored for weeks and weeks?
    I can easily concede this is a lot more daunting a challenge, but I stop short of the rest of your comparisons.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/tr...pandemic-spin/
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2020, 11:23 AM
    I did in previous post #14, those 19 states governors that have not acted.
    So in other words, if they are not doing what you want, then they are irresponsible? Got it. BTW, our governor has enacted, but he has not put a "shelter in place" advisory for the entire state. I'm sure that same thing is true of many of those other states.

" agreed that Trump’s travel restrictions bought the U.S. time to react," Oh my goodness, your article was complimentary of Trump's initial decision! It is, by the way, absolutely true that Obama did nothing for the first several weeks of the swine flu epidemic. This is contained in the following article. "The declaration, signed Friday night and announced Saturday, comes with the disease more prevalent than ever in the country and production delays undercutting the government's initial, optimistic estimates that as many as 120 million doses of the vaccine could be available by mid-October.Health authorities say more than 1,000 people in the United States, including almost 100 children, have died from the strain of flu known as H1N1, and 46 states have widespread flu activity. So far only 11 million doses of the vaccine have gone out to health departments, doctor's offices and other providers, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials." So rather than the estimate that 120 million doses of the vaccine would be available, there was only 10% of that. Hmm. I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that you were not jumping up and down in criticism of Obama back then.

So even the wonderful (in your view) Mr. Obama waited months before declaring a national emergency and had problems with vaccine production. Now that's all fine by me, but it's frustrating to see people like you give Obama a free pass and then practically wet your pants in being critical of Trump for having what is basically the same problems except that he moved MUCH more quickly and is facing a greater threat.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/33459423/n.../#.XoTbRIhKjIU
    Expert

Apr 1, 2020, 12:28 PM
    Don't know why you would be so frustrated at my opinion of the dufus, since for one seldom do I compare the two, and have been consistent with my objections to the dufus, he lies, cheats and steals, and is a big bully, all characteristics I think are deplorable. Frustrates me that you ACCEPT such behavior.
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2020, 12:37 PM
    I have been consistently critical of Trump's lying and big mouth, just as I was consistently critical of Obama's lies about Benghazi. That's where you and I differ. I try to apply a standard consistently.

Expert

Apr 1, 2020, 12:51 PM
    >CHUCKLE<

Never heard you ever comment on a LIE the dufs has told, maybe I missed that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Trump Sees Things [ 188 Answers ]

What happened: (1) Trump promoted violence and encouraged supporters to be violent. (2) Trump targeted specific people for repeated vicious attacks. (3) A domestic terrorist sent bombs to all the people Trump targeted. (4) Trump blamed the media.

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

The Coming Trump/Putin Administration [ 14 Answers ]

Trump being Putin's boy, what can we expect from the Trump/Putin administration on the international scene during the first year of their joint presidency?

View more questions Search