Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2020, 05:01 PM
    You telling me couldn't find anything to replenish the bathroom with. Calling an office supplier tomorrow. Full disclosure, went through free trials for Hulu and Amazon Prime along with the Netflix and slept through most of them, but I miss my sports fix. Can't tell when Sunday rolls around.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2020, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You telling me couldn't find anything to replenish the bathroom with. Calling an office supplier tomorrow. Full disclosure, went through free trials for Hulu and Amazon Prime along with the Netflix and slept through most of them, but I miss my sports fix. Can't tell when Sunday rolls around.
    Don't need to replenish the bathroom yet but when I do the 7.00am queue will solve the problem, us oldies are allowed to get in ahead of everyone, now where did I leave that alarm clock?
    Expert

Mar 31, 2020, 05:22 PM
    If they have restocked.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2020, 05:35 PM
    They restock overnight but by 8.30 all that has gone, I'll have to brave the early morn when the eggs run out, but no problem I'm well stocked at the moment. The logistics of this is a nightmare, double and trebble the demand across the entire nation. There are large numbers of older people in these country towns
    Expert

Apr 1, 2020, 07:38 AM
    Went to the 24/7 Walmart the other day and many shelves were being restocked but the toilet paper dudes were not one of them. CHEEEZ!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2020, 02:52 PM
    trouble is you are looking for cheap toilet paper . Go find a health food store that sells recycled paper products for double the price that you pay at Walmart . They have supply .
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2020, 05:38 PM
    No, That isn't it, nothing is cheap anymore, no supermarket specials, if anything prices have increased my regular shop cost more last week but even health food shops are low on supply, logistics is a bltch
    Expert

Apr 2, 2020, 03:30 AM
    Yup, the real problem is suppliers can't meet demand, and stuff waiting on stuff from China may not be a good strategy for sure.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2020, 05:08 AM
    Yes This will prove that sourcing from China is not a good idea, should be an uptick on locally made
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2020, 05:13 AM
    Yes This will prove that sourcing from China is not a good idea, should be an uptick on locally made
    You are both correct on that one. One good thing that can come out of this episode is a refusal to depend on "Made in China" products.
    Expert

Apr 2, 2020, 06:13 AM
    Patriots owner Robert Kraft just sent his private jet to China to bring back N95 masks. Thank God for rich guys with private jets!
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2020, 06:46 AM
    I'm sure he will reserve some for his masseuse
    Expert

Apr 2, 2020, 07:13 AM
    Maybe he can drop a box off at the USS Roosevelt docked in Guam while he's at it. They need them.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2020, 05:30 AM
    apparently, it has become mandatory in some parts of the world to load a tracking app on your phone, what did I tell you at the beginning of this OP, before long all business will be done using the phone and not long after that the mark of the beast
    Expert

Apr 3, 2020, 06:46 AM
    That's always been true in some countries and cultures Clete, and often the population is the last to know these things have occurred. Even the so called democracies fail to send out a bulletin that they're seeking such records from the companies that you have given permission to keep them, as an agreement for service, pretty standard stuff really, so it's not like the mark of the beast hasn't always been present, even though wholly unnoticed or ignored.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2020, 04:14 PM
    oh the beast has always been present just now and then he shows his face
    Expert

Apr 4, 2020, 05:18 AM
    Or his servants show theirs.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2020, 06:02 AM
    Maybe he can drop a box off at the
    USS Roosevelt docked in Guam
    while he's at it. They need them.
    Early March the TR in the middle of the outbreak had shore leave in Vietnam. That is where the sailors on the ship got infected . It spread like wildfire through the ship until now over 200 sailors were infected . Then the bozo commander panicked ;went around chain of command and published a letter he had sent to Navy leadership and ended up telling the world about the readiness of the flag ship on the fleet that is deployed in a critical part of the word . The commander was correctly relieved of command . He's lucky he doesn't face court martial . The crew gave him a heroes send off yesterday .
    Expert

Apr 4, 2020, 09:20 AM
    Yeah, better if nobody but the brass knew about this warship being infected, but if cruise ships are breeding grounds, then why wouldn't warships be the same? I mean geez, NOT expecting everybody everywhere not to be infected is stupid niavite in the first place. Of course conservatives like to make fall guys and fall back on the rules and chain of command crap, especially when it comes to making that chain of command look stupid, or incompetent.

You think the dufus at the top of the chain was even briefed when it happened? Go ahead make excuses but but aren't you curious about the real chain of events and not just the spin?
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2020, 12:32 PM
    I'll go by the Navy's version Captain Cozier showed poor judgement BEFORE he sent the letter . He knew the virus was in Vietnam and still gave his ship liberty which brought the virus on board .

Afterward he completely ignored the chain of command and copied more than 20 people over unsecured communications He did NOT speak to his direct superior, carrier strike group commander Rear Adm. Stuart Baker, about his concerns before sending the memo, despite Baker living on the TR within feet of Crozier. By all appearance he went public before following the Navy rules . Like I said ,he's lucky there is no court martial .

He is finished in the military and will never see another promotion or meaningful assignment. He should retire now and apply to MSNBC and CNN for a job. I am sure he would be a welcome contributor to Rachel Madcow's show. .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the property (jointly held by brother & father) transfer from brother to brother [ 1 Answers ]

I own a property jointly with my father. Now I wish to transfer/gift this property to my brother. Could you please advise what would be the best way to execute this. What are the legal complications, tax and/or any other issue. Awaiting your response. Thanks. D Dumbre. I jointly own a...

My little one arrived! [ 10 Answers ]

Just wanted to let everyone know that Deacon arrived at 5:37 Sunday morning. My plan to VBAC was very successful, I just was not expecting 26 hours of labor but it was well worth it. Deacon weighed 8lb4oz and 20 inches long. :) Now I get to see what life with 2 under 2 is like!!

W2's have not arrived [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't received any of my w2's yet and I have contacted my past employers and they said they mailed them out in January. How do I find them or get another copy?:confused:

View more questions Search