tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2020, 05:04 PM
    Ausssie reporter Rita Panahi ;brave enough to tell the truth
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpHVrrIWe_o
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2020, 06:18 PM
    Criticism of China has not been suppressed here, the truth is out there, slaughter of aminals for human consumption is carried out in unsanitary condition throughout China, not just in Wuhan. This pandemic could have started anywhere in China. But we cannot criticise them for maintaining their traditions, afterall they are primitive despite thousands of years of "civilisation" China leads the world in inflicting pandemics on the world.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2020, 01:29 AM
    understood . It was the coverup that created the pandemic .Just saying we have to know that and add it to the other very real risk factors of having China as a trading partner . I understand because I am in an industry that unfortunately relies heavily on the China supply chain. There is risks in that that should've been addressed years ago.

They recently threatened to withhold the export of critical pharmaceutical products to the US. Millions of Americans depend on the drug supply from China .That makes them a national security threat just because of that .

We are heavily dependent on raw materials that make antibiotics Last year, China accounted for 95 percent of U.S. imports of ibuprofen, 91 percent of U.S. imports of hydrocortisone, 70 percent of U.S. imports of acetaminophen, 40 to 45 percent of U.S. imports of penicillin and 40 percent of U.S. imports of heparin.In all ,80% of our antibiotics are made in China . I am in the nutritional supplement industry ;and many of our vitamin raw materials are imported from China(we are going to take a double hit now that India is in lock down) .
    .And there are many other products and raw materials we obtain exclusively from China that pose other threats (ie rare earth metals ) . These products are aces in the hands of Xi and I am frankly surprised he has not played them so far in bi-lateral trade negotiations. But now the implied threat is out there . So let's see how Trump and US lawmakers respond .

But back to the point . Their lack of transparency is the issue here . Thousands are going to lose their lives because they were not timely informing the world about what was coming our way .

I also know for a fact that we put our population at risk because of substandard ingredients from China . The number of FDA import alerts ; which can lead to a complete blocking of flagged products from entering U.S. ports from China has steadily risen, from 19 in 2016 to 23 in 2017 and 28 in 2018.In one case a blood pressure medicine was blocked because it contained a cancer causing chemical in it that is used to make rocket fuel . The contaminated drug,valsartan, came from
    Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical which is a state funded operation .It leads US market share in at least 10 critical drugs that treat anything from blood pressure to Alzheimer’s .

American FDA inspectors report of significant GMP violations when they inspect Chinese plants . And there are not enough FDA staff to give routine inspections to most of the plants that produce drugs for export to the US.

Such reliance on China , “a geopolitical rival ,for critical drugs presents a clear risk to our national security. And as I said ,that is but one sector that we depend on that exposes us to national security risks .

Unsanitary conditions are not just a concern in their food supply ;but also in a broad part of their industry . They have a very cavalier attitude about it . They just don't care that what they do internally affects just about every other country . Their cover up of the virus should finally be the tipping point.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2020, 06:16 AM
    Now would be a good time to reevaluate and make some business adjustments to our relations with the Chinese for sure, but trade wars without requiring our own businesses to take a harder line seems futile and destructive.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 28, 2020, 08:46 AM
    It is sad but true. China is so corrupt that it cant even get out of its own way and seems to want to test the world with its predictable and reflexive bahavior.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ds-show-report

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rita african beauty cream [ 7 Answers ]

The guy at my beauty supply store told me it would give me a brighter skin tone and it wouldn't be blotchy,I have really bad pigmentation after having my baby,so I bought it. It smells great and I want to see the results. Has anyone used it? And do you have pictures?

I need to be brave [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I really need tips on starting a convosation with a guy. Im normally berry friendly an out going but I have the hardest time talking to guys (I don't have to like them or anything and I still can't) I never had trouble till latley when every guy I know likes my little sister even though she can...

Rita's damage! [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is an evacuee and is staying with us until her town gets the okay for residents to return. My question... she has a freezer and 'fridge with items that, by the time she returns home,will have gone VERY BAD!! After 3 to 4 weeks can the applainces be saved and cleaned of odor and how?? If...

View more questions Search