Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It says nothing about a higher standard of morality? Well, it certainly speaks of a higher standard which is Jefferson's point. Those certain rights are inalienable because they did not come from man but from God, and what higher standard do you want?

And you want to suggest that human rights bear no relationship to moral values? You really believe that the rights of humans have nothing to do with morality? It IS morality. Your liberal political persuasions have driven you away from the most obvious thing in world.
    It isn't a definition of morality. And that ain't liberal thinking. Morality and human rights are not synonymous terms. Both are in the fruit basket, but one's an apple and one's an orange.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 03:09 PM
    Perhaps you can explain to us how to separate human rights from morality, and how there is no "rightness" or "wrongness" when it comes to human rights.

While you're at it, I'd still love for you to explain how it is that if killing a child is morally wrong, that killing an unborn child could be less morally wrong.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 03:25 PM
    Perhaps you can explain to us how to separate human rights from morality, and how there is no "rightness" or "wrongness" when it comes to human rights.
    You are confused. That's not part of this discussion. Morality is NOT the same as human rights. The two terms are not synonymous.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 03:59 PM
    Morality is NOT the same as human rights.
    Now you're ducking TWO questions. I frequently think that "Evasion" must be your middle name.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 04:13 PM
    Now you're ducking TWO questions. I frequently think that "Evasion" must be your middle name.
    No, YOU are the stubborn one who refuses to admit that morality and human rights are two different animals. Do you own a dictionary?
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 04:44 PM
    Miss Evasion, I'll post the two questions again. Perhaps you will find it helpful. You just saying that we should accept it because you say so just won't do. Sorry. Apply yourself a little.

While you're at it, I'd still love for you to explain how it is that if killing a child is morally wrong, that killing an unborn child could be less morally wrong.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 04:51 PM
    Miss Evasion, I'll post the two questions again. Perhaps you will find it helpful. You just saying that we should accept it because you say so just won't do. Sorry. Apply yourself a little.
    I made a statement you disagreed with. The burden is on you now.

Guess I'll send you a dictionary for your birthday?
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 05:02 PM
    Miss Evasion, I'll post the two questions yet again. Perhaps you will find it helpful. You just saying that we should accept it because you say so just won't do. Sorry. Apply yourself a little. Are all liberals as afraid to answer questions as you are? So fearful. So hesitant. So devoid of answers.

It's what I like about Tal. I don't usually agree with him, but he will generally answer questions UNLIKE YOU.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 05:11 PM
    Miss Evasion, I'll post the two questions yet again. Perhaps you will find it helpful. You just saying that we should accept it because you say so just won't do. Sorry. Apply yourself a little. Are all liberals as afraid to answer questions as you are? So fearful. So hesitant. So devoid of answers.

Mr. Evasion, I'm waiting.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 05:15 PM
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you so much!!

I guess I'll just have to wait. Honestly, your utter lack of seriousness bothers me, and I frequently think that being bothersome is your primary goal in all of this. Too bad. You could think if you'd try it. I think you don't out of fear of where it will take you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 05:20 PM
    I guess I'll just have to wait. Honestly, your utter lack of seriousness bothers me, and I frequently think that being bothersome is your primary goal in all of this. Too bad. You could think if you'd try it. I think you don't out of fear of where it will take you.
    I'll parrot that back to you -- I guess I'll just have to wait. Honestly, your utter lack of seriousness bothers me, and I frequently think that being bothersome is your primary goal in all of this. Too bad. You could think if you'd try it. I think you don't out of fear of where it will take you.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 05:22 PM
    I'll parrot that
    That made me laugh. I hope you know why. Parroting seems to be what you are good at! You do at least amuse me.

Probably a vain hope, but just in case.

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 05:30 PM
    That made me laugh. I hope you know why. Parroting seems to be what you are good at! You do at least amuse me.
    You, dear sir, are a master of deflection -- almost as good as Trump.

I have yet to hear your explanation of how morality is the same as human rights.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 05:32 PM
    Here's a question for you, why am I obligated to feel as you do about anything because you think you are right? Haven't you ever noticed morality changes as does the laws around them. You seem to be stuck in your own ideas of morality, and there is no room for any other ideas. It's small wonder that when you disagree with someone you think they haven't answered the way you think they should.

Hey we all have those character flaws that keep us from being perfect. You're no different even assigning labels to people which is a form of name calling though it's okay when you do it. If you think it's true fine, if not that's okay too, but no matter what you think don't expect people to bend to your way of thinking and that doesn't make them wrong either.

It's okay to believe sticking your head up the dufus's arse shoulder deep is the right and moral thing to do, but rather foolish to expect me or anyone else to do it too.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 05:37 PM
    I have yet to hear your explanation of how morality is the same as human rights.
    Since I haven't said that, then I don't need to explain it. You must learn to read more carefully. MUCH more carefully.

Here's a question for you, why am I obligated to feel as you do about anything because you think you are right?
    You're not.

Haven't you ever noticed morality changes as does the laws around them.
    Personal morality changes with the winds. The higher standard of morality that Jefferson appealed to does not change. That's why the rights he referred to are "inalienable".

You see, WG, how easy it is to simply answer questions? Try parroting me on this one.

It's okay to believe sticking your head up the dufus's arse shoulder deep is the right and moral thing to do, but rather foolish to expect me or anyone else to do it too.
    A completely stupid and moronic thing to say. It's about what I'd expect from an ignorant fifth grader. I have to think you can express yourself better than that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 05:50 PM
    Since I haven't said that, then I don't need to explain it. You must learn to read more carefully. MUCH more carefully.
    Always the putdown that you think strengthens your comment. (It doesn't.)
    Personal morality changes with the winds. The higher standard of morality that Jefferson appealed to does not change. That's why the rights he referred to are "inalienable".

You see, WG, how easy it is to simply answer questions? Try parroting me on this one.

Jefferson wasn't talking about morality; he was talking about human rights. (Hmm, haven't I posted that already? Sounds familiar....)
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 05:56 PM
    Always the putdown that you think strengthens your comment. (It doesn't.)
    You want me to explain something I've never said. You are putting yourself down when you do that. Don't blame me for it.

Jefferson wasn't talking about morality; he was talking about human rights. (Hmm, haven't I posted that already? Sounds familiar....)
    That's fine as long as you can explain how you can have human rights without moral standards. You plainly can't, so the discussion is over.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 06:10 PM
    You want me to explain something I've never said. You are putting yourself down when you do that. Don't blame me for it.
    You equated morality with civil rights. They aren't even close to being the same.
    That's fine as long as you can explain how you can have human rights without moral standards. You plainly can't, so the discussion is over.
    That isn't the question! You can't explain the difference, so you cut and run. You conservatives!
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 06:14 PM
    You equated morality with civil rights.
    No, I didn't. Once again you debase yourself. How much shame can you handle?

Whatever. Suit yourself. We can have human rights without moral standards. Congratulations on likely being the only person on the planet to believe such a ridiculous idea. I'll stick with Jefferson.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 06:14 PM
    Hilarious, the guy with his head shoulder deep up the dufus arse is lecturing people on morality! Only in America, is crap in your ears a status symbol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana Distinction (Goodman?) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! I have an Amana Distinction furnace model CVC9/95. Starting yesterday the furnace just stopped working. I'm pretty handy and tried troubleshooting. Basically on the display it comes up as 88, which is initializing, then goes to OP which is normal operation, But as soon as OP...

Distinction between DDS and DMD? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a distinction between the terms DDS and DMD in describing degrees earned by dentists? I have heard the only distinction is the historical tradition of the granting degree institution. David

On-Screen Distinction 1 [ 7 Answers ]

What on screen distinction is shared by Jimmy Cagney, Donald O'Connor, Errol Flynn, Faye Dunaway and Martin Landau?

Big screen distinction [ 1 Answers ]

What big screen distinction do the following actors - best know for their television work share? William Shatner, Buddy Ebsen, Florence Henderson, June Lockhart, David Soul, Al Lewis and Jean Vander Pyl.

View more questions Search