Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2020, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If you can find where Trump suggested that people take the fish tank cleaner called chloroquine phosphate, then you might have a point. Otherwise it's yet another example of TDS.
    chloroquine phosphate -- heck, that's almost the same stuff in hydroxychloroquine, what Trump said will work! Let's try it and see if it really works!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    chloroquine phosphate -- heck, that's almost the same stuff in hydroxychloroquine, what Trump said will work! Let's try it and see if it really works!

It has been demonstrated to work here under medical supervision when used on those who have been diagnosed not as a preventative but as a medication for someone infected
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2020, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    It has been demonstrated to work here under medical supervision when used on those who have been diagnosed not as a preventative but as a medication for someone infected
    But without phosphate....
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 06:30 PM
    RIDICULOUS COMMENT! This is an emergency-, exactly what the act was designed for. You types would sacrifice countless lives to preserve your pathetic little philosophy that helps no one.
    In the context where it is applicable Trump has already used the DPA . He is using loans and other incentives to
    boost the production of critical goods and essential equipment .He has received
    voluntary agreements with many companies including GM to make ventilators ,and breweries to make hand sanitizers . They are retooling . You idiot think that happens over night . What you guys really want is the precedent of the President nationalizing a business or industry . Then when the Dems are in control they can invoke it again and again under any pretext calling it a national crisis . This act was created in 1950 when we were in a real war. You guys have no shame . You don't even try to disguise your true motives anymore . https://news.yahoo.com/dem-rep-told-...145245071.html
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 07:10 PM
    chloroquine phosphate -- heck, that's almost the same stuff in hydroxychloroquine,
    You never took a chem class, did you?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2020, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Let the clinical trials begin.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 07:16 PM
    Clinical trials have been underway for days.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2020, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    In the context where it is applicable Trump has already used the DPA . He is using loans and other incentives to
    voluntary agreements with many companies including GM to make ventilators ,and breweries to make hand sanitizers . They are retooling . You idiot think that happens over night . What you guys really want is the precedent of the President nationalizing a business or industry . Then when the Dems are in control they can invoke it again and again under any pretext calling it a national crisis . This act was created in 1950 when we were in a real war. You guys have no shame . You don't even try to disguise your true motives anymore . https://news.yahoo.com/dem-rep-told-...145245071.html
    This is a national emergency unlike immigration or any other national emergency and money grab the dufus has tried already.

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Clinical trials have been underway for days.
    Think we get a cure by Easter?
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 07:21 PM
    A cure? Possibly, but the better bet is on expanded testing that will enable us to not have to shut down everything simply because a very small minority has the virus. We better start paying attention to the economy. I would think that should concern us much more than the virus.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2020, 07:33 PM
    A small minority can grow rather fast as we are seeing everywhere so far, without solid preventative measures and in this case the economy takes a hit because workers get sick or pass it to healthy people. The real danger is that the health care system gets overwhelmed by sick people and that's where we are. Not seeing much improvement in the next few weeks and not enough to change the minds of governors as long as the infection rate and death toll keeps rising.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Pure BS! You right-wing loonies simply parrot everything your hero Trump says without any regard to the truth. You've been doing exactly that for three+ years. If everything is so hunky-dory why does the medical crowd on the ground say otherwise? Do you think all those doctors and nurses are lying?

It's time for you to realize what kind of evil character you've sold your soul for.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 09:40 PM
    someone turn off the tap,
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Reaching a little bit, aren’t you?

Chloroquine is an anti-malaria drug, while hydroxychloroquine is a drug used to treat lupus.

You can’t blame Trump for their stupidity. It isn’t his fault any more than it is yours that they were stupid enough to try this combination.

This combo is all over the media right right now and is showing some promise in the medical community.

An older couple, fearing all the warnings about the virus, listens to the president advising about a drug re the virus and they try it trusting in the president. The man dies and the woman is probably dying, and you call them stupid???

Don't nurses show compassion for patients, especially those who are confused and frightened? Yet, to you, they are "stupid".
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 04:10 AM
    Sadly, when a person ingests a chemical made for cleaning fish tanks, then that would qualify as doing something stupid. And when someone tries to blame it on the pres who never suggested that anyone do anything like that, then it qualifies as political desperation and a classic symptom of TDS.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 04:55 AM
    Originally Posted by tomder55
    In the context where it is applicable Trump has already used the DPA . He is using loans and other incentives toboost the production of critical goods and essential equipment .He has receivedvoluntary agreements with many companies including GM to make ventilators ,and breweries to make hand sanitizers . They are retooling . You idiot think that happens over night . What you guys really want is the precedent of the President nationalizing a business or industry . Then when the Dems are in control they can invoke it again and again under any pretext calling it a national crisis . This act was created in 1950 when we were in a real war. You guys have no shame . You don't even try to disguise your true motives anymore . https://news.yahoo.com/dem-rep-told-...145245071.html

Pure BS! You right-wing loonies simply parrot everything your hero Trump says without any regard to the truth. You've been doing exactly that for three+ years. If everything is so hunky-dory why does the medical crowd on the ground say otherwise? Do you think all those doctors and nurses are lying?

It's time for you to realize what kind of evil character you've sold your soul for.
    Nothing BS about it . More and more companies are stepping up to the plate . example ;yesterday the guy who makes 'My Pillow' turned his operation into the production of surgical masks . There are scores of examples all over the country and they will deliver much sooner than a company the President compels . You talk about my philosophy . But you demonstrate that what you want is Venezuela north . That's why you cream in your pants whenever Bolshevik Bernie speaks .

Tal
    This is a national emergency unlike immigration or any other national emergency and money grab the dufus has tried already.
    I will speak to the cr@p sandwich that passed in the Senate in more detail . Suffice it to say that the$1 trillion by far exceeds the combined $1.1 billion allocated for Zika in 2016 ;$5.4 billion for Ebola in 2011 ;and $7 billion for swine flu in 2009 .ALL of these epidemics were much larger and more dangerous than the Wuhan virus . None resulted in a panic ;and no one suggested that we should have either martial law like we are seeing on a regional basis ,or nationalization of our industries .
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 05:10 AM
    Tom, we have become so accustomed to the borrowing/printing of multiple hundreds of billions of dollars every year that we scarcely notice it anymore. It is a national insanity. It's like the guy who routinely rides his motorcycle at 100mph and has become convinced he can get away with it forever.

It's an election year. No one wants to be the guy who stands and says, "Let's not spend a single penny more than is absolutely necessary." The political opposition and the national media will crush that kind of thinking. "Don't you care about all the suffering millions?"
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 05:12 AM
    You say that Tom as the hospitals in your city reach critical capacity and resources are dwindling rapidly and the virus rages on? As all those extra beds get filled you will need the manpower to deal with them and the proper safety equipment to protect them. That's the crap sandwich you serve yourself comparing old events to new ones.

The whole country is watching NY, and charity/volunteers don't seem to be enough. If NY falls then what chance does the rest of the county have?
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 05:13 AM
    The whole country is watching NY, and charity/volunteers don't seem to be enough. If NY falls then what chance does the rest of the county have?
    I think that will be determined by NYC.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 05:19 AM
    Don't know how much louder or clearer the governor can call for federal help.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 05:35 AM
    tal all I have to say is what I said previously . il Duce had a decade to prepare . But just like your typical lib ;NY squanders the plunder of their obscene taxes and leaves the state vulnerable knowing that when push comes to shove ; they will whine that the Federal government is not taking care of them . The level of corruption in NY State government may be the worse in the nation . il Duce ran as a reformer and set up the Moreland Commission to weed out corruption .When the commission's investigation got too close to the Cuomo family and his gumbas ,he disbanded it . As I already wrote certificate of need (CON) state laws allow state governments the authority to set their level of preparedness. Maybe all the taxes I pay making the Cuomo crime family rich should've been used to support public safety .

Don't know how much louder or clearer the governor can call for federal help.
    lol you mean the man most responsible for the 2008 crash is now the savior of the nation . how precious .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a divorce if I am an American Citizen and my wife is a Mexican citizen and we [ 0 Answers ]

I am an American citizen married to a Mexican citizen. We where married in the U.S.A, but are living in Mexico City. I want to get a divorce from her. Do I have to go back to the US to file for divorce or is there any other options. I want to stay in Mexico.

Greek citizen becoming an American citizen by marriage to an American [ 1 Answers ]

How can a greek citizen become an american citizen by marriage to an american

Can an American citizen easily file a divorce with a non-american citizen? [ 12 Answers ]

She entered through a K1 visa. She later decide to go back to her home country. Because of this, she couldn't get back to the US as she also had some troubles with visa. Can her husband file and process a divorce without his wife consent?

American Citizen married abroad with a Brazilian Citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first question, and I hope somebody can help me :-) I'm an american citizen and I got married in Brazil to a Brazilian citizen. She took a semester off from school (university) to stay here with me on a tourist visa. She is going back to Brazil now, to finish her degree (she...

View more questions Search