Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 05:52 AM
    No state is prepared as they should be for a pandemic. That's a given, so the question becomes what should we do now that we have one? Nobody seems to care about what the dufus did 12 years ago, so why are we wasting time judging Cuomo? That's a distraction to the real problems of sourcing hospitals NOW!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 06:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    N But you demonstrate that what you want is Venezuela north . That's why you cream in your pants whenever Bolshevik Bernie speaks .
    Where in the world do you get these ideas? I think you pull them out of your arse when the truth fails you. For the record, I am not a "Bolshevik", a Republican or a Democrat. I'm an Independent, sometimes for the Repubs, other times for the Dems.

As to how Trump is handling the crisis, he's a disaster. He has no idea how to manage an emergency. Even worse, he's too narcissistic to listen to any expert who may have the requisite skills.

It's not rocket science. Create a central marshaling point, get the info from those in need, and distribute the goods as and where needed. This is after you have organized the manufacturing process to produce what is needed.

What you DON'T do is leave everyone to do whatever they want and hope that the market forces will deliver the goods. Thank God someone like Trump wasn't at Normandy. Wartime president!! What a joke!!
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 06:18 AM
    The dufus said the government isn't a delivery service and with that attitude you know you're on your own. Go buy that Easter bonnet and pray for the fools who listens to him, like that poor deluded couple in Arizona. You need more proof NOT to listen to the lying cheating incompetent dufus?

A hard head makes a soft arse!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 07:01 AM
    like that poor deluded couple in Arizona
    they are the product of a nanny state that tells people how and when to wipe their A$$ and how much tp to use while doing it . They are like the kids who think Tide pods are safe to eat .

Athos lol I did not call you Bolshevik I called Sanders that . But if you think nationalization is a solution then maybe you are
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 07:15 AM
    No state is prepared as they should be for a pandemic. That's a given,
    Why do you give the states a pass but not the feds? How could anyone have anticipated this type of pandemic?
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 07:18 AM
    they are the product of a nanny state that tells people how and when to wipe their A$$ and how much tp to use while doing it . They are like the kids who think Tide pods are safe to eat .
    Seeing as how the wife said it was the dufus who planted the seed that nanny state stuff is just so much rhetoric, and even if you cannot blame the dufus, you still must take everything he says and does with great skepticism, and thankfully even repubs do.

No worries though Tom, I recognize your rugged individualistic character, even though you are a conservative capitalist. Not necessarily in that order, and I get as riled when my nest egg gets disrupted too. Or when I ain't got nuthin' to wipe my arse with. Down to my last roll between just the two of us. Ain't gonna make it till Easter!
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 07:21 AM
    the wife said it was the dufus who planted the seed
    Show us where the pres told people to eat fish tank chems and that might be a valid point. Otherwise it is totally stupid and just more TDS.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Why do you give the states a pass but not the feds? How could anyone have anticipated this type of pandemic?
    I give no one a pass, but that's the feds job is to insure the welfare of it's citizens no matter what the debt is. If the feds cannot help the states, who are people American citizens, then they should be replaced starting at the top.

I don't blame the dufus, the fed, or the states, for being unprepared, but I damn sure can beetch about how the situation is dealt with and right now don't get me started on the Texas governor.

https://abc13.com/6048933/

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...esponse-136061
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 07:33 AM
    well keep on running around like chicken little scaring the sheeple. You'll never replenish because when it becomes available the scared people who have nothing better to do than store hop will buy it all up . Me I have essential work to do .

BTW ; here is how il Duce took care of his state . 2015 it became apparent that NY did not have a sufficient supply of ventilators . WE were 16,000 short of what was deemed necessary to handle a pandemic . Health commissioner, Howard Zucker, assembled a task force for rationing the ventilators they already had. Here were the numbers at $36,000 apiece,the state would need to invest a total of $576 million to replenish up to standard . Now they are not available to purchase at any price. Cuomo and NY STATE could've made the call to make the purchase . But as is the wont of blue state guvs . They know that if they scream loud enough and blame shift they can pass the buck to the federal government . You don't see a pattern yet ? They are never prepared

As far as quinine based drugs ;they have been used for years to treat malaria . They are safe and effective if prescribed by your doctor who knows your medical history . Neither Trump nor anyone else told the couple to down some fish bowl cleaner .
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 07:42 AM
    I give no one a pass,
    Sure you did. Here's your quote. "No state is prepared as they should be for a pandemic. That's a given."

but that's the feds job is to insure the welfare of it's citizens
    But not the states'? See what I mean about giving passes?

no matter what the debt is.
    Perfectly example of why we are sinking in a sea of debt. No one would ever have said such an irresponsible statement forty years ago. Now it is the common way of seeing the world. Our poor grandchildren will pay dearly for this.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 08:06 AM
    It's a bit late to play woulda, shoulda, coulda, and my grandkids and kids know they are on their own and can think for themselves, and may well have to help out and clean up my mess. Maybe our generation will start cleaning up it's own mess before we leave it to the next generation. Watched my elders take care of their elders, and my kids watched me take care of mine. They know the drill. My kids and grand kids are more than capable of dealing with whatever life throws at them. Hope yours are too.

Nobody's perfect though.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 08:10 AM
    my grandkids and kids know they are on their own and can think for themselves, and may well have to help out and clean up my mess. Maybe our generation will start cleaning up it's own mess before we leave it to the next generation. Watched my elders take care of their elders, and my kids watched me take care of mine. They know the drill. My kids and grand kids are more than capable of dealing with whatever life throws at them. Hope yours are too.
    Dear God what a cavalier attitude. I'm so glad my parents did not look at me that way. Instead of hindering me, they helped me. That should be our attitude towards our children and grandchildren. It's on the level of cutting off one of their arms and then saying, "Hey. You can handle that. After all, you're more than capable of dealing with whatever life (a.k.a. your grandfather) throws at you."
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 08:29 AM
    LOL, that's your spin and inane as your logic. My kids need the truth to be prepared for anything, and endure and persevere. That's what I got, that's what they get. I will thank you respectfully if you stay out of my families business. I stay well away from yours so return the favor. PLEASE!
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 08:46 AM
    My kids need the truth to be prepared for anything, and endure and persevere.
    That's nothing but garbage. You kick your grandkids in the rear end and then tell them to be prepared for anything and endure? What an attitude. Like I said, I'm so glad my parents did not approach life that way.

As to leaving your family out of it, you're the one who brought them into the discussion. "..my grandkids and kids know they are on their own and can think for themselves." If you don't want them to be involved in this, then don't bring them up.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 09:32 AM
    As far as quinine based drugs ;they have been used for years to treat malaria . They are safe and effective if prescribed by your doctor who knows your medical history . Neither Trump nor anyone else told the couple to down some fish bowl cleaner .
    The couple saw that fish-tank cleaner contains chloroquine and wow! that's in the malaria drug our dear leader says will work to cure this virus, so let's give it a try!
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 10:31 AM
    Which is about as dumb as going out and buying fertilizer to eat because someone said it makes things grow. Like I said earlier, I don't think you took a chem course. What they took was plainly NOT what the pres was referring to.

However, it is nice to see you posting. You take these long breaks sometimes.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 10:41 AM
    Which is about as dumb as going out and buying fertilizer to eat because someone said it makes things grow. Like I said earlier, I don't think you took a chem course.
    I took one in high school and one in college. I'm betting this Phoenix couple never took a chem course.
    What they took was plainly NOT what the pres was referring to.
    Close enough, they thought.
    However, it is nice to see you posting. You take these long breaks sometimes.
    I read these threads several times a day to keep up. Tal (and Athos) does a great job saying what I would have -- or wish I would have.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 12:19 PM
    Close enough, they thought.
    They thought wrong. Evidently two people out of over 300 million somehow got the message that ingesting fish tank cleaner would solve their problems, so while tragic, it is sheer lunacy to blame that on Trump.

Tal (and Athos) does a great job saying what I would have
    Not me??? Ouch!! Didn't you notice that I was the ONLY ONE to speak positively of your return to the board???
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 12:24 PM
    The couple saw that fish-tank cleaner contains chloroquine and wow! that's in the malaria drug our dear leader says will work to cure this virus, so let's give it a try!
    stupid is as stupid does
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 01:10 PM
    They thought wrong. Evidently two people out of over 300 million somehow got the message that ingesting fish tank cleaner would solve their problems, so while tragic, it is sheer lunacy to blame that on Trump.
    I blame that and so much more on his careless speech.
    Not me??? Ouch!! Didn't you notice that I was the ONLY ONE to speak positively of your return to the board???
    Please reread what I had said about them -- I very much agree with them (not you so much). But thank you for missing me. Tal, Athos, and I have known each other for years and know we three enjoy reading each others' posts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a divorce if I am an American Citizen and my wife is a Mexican citizen and we [ 0 Answers ]

I am an American citizen married to a Mexican citizen. We where married in the U.S.A, but are living in Mexico City. I want to get a divorce from her. Do I have to go back to the US to file for divorce or is there any other options. I want to stay in Mexico.

Greek citizen becoming an American citizen by marriage to an American [ 1 Answers ]

How can a greek citizen become an american citizen by marriage to an american

Can an American citizen easily file a divorce with a non-american citizen? [ 12 Answers ]

She entered through a K1 visa. She later decide to go back to her home country. Because of this, she couldn't get back to the US as she also had some troubles with visa. Can her husband file and process a divorce without his wife consent?

American Citizen married abroad with a Brazilian Citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first question, and I hope somebody can help me :-) I'm an american citizen and I got married in Brazil to a Brazilian citizen. She took a semester off from school (university) to stay here with me on a tourist visa. She is going back to Brazil now, to finish her degree (she...

View more questions Search