6AM is my first break . I get in at 4
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 10:09 PM
    when you say you get in, you start work at 4 or you get home at 4
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 09:33 AM
    And now back to guns in the news over virus concerns.

https://news.yahoo.com/gun-stores-cl...000000839.html
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 01:04 PM
    this whole crisis is a libs wet dream. The sporting goods store by me still has long lines even though all gun related merchandise ;guns ,ammo has been sold out for a couple weeks . I asked them what they were selling and was told any bow ,camping ,survival gear was moving as fast as they can stock it .
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 01:15 PM
    Tom I think we missed the boat and should have bought out all the Tactical Toilet Paper we could before all this started :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 01:18 PM
    :) I have a large stockpile of leaves in my compost area as a back up . I just have to make sure they are tick free.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    :) I have a large stockpile of leaves in my compost area as a back up . I just have to make sure they are tick free.
    Got no sweat socks Tom? Much easier to use and no ticks or other critters.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 05:18 PM
    no problem tal I have alarge collection of missmatched socks they have been breeding
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2020, 02:27 PM
    I have a friend who is a gun collector and also sells LP classics at the flea market . Well the flea market is closed down because of social distancing crapola .....(the people who are furloughed have nothing better to do than store hop from big box store to big box store looking for TP. I assure you there is more human congestion there then at the flea market where every vendor has their own booth ) . But his regulars call him up . They aren't looking for old LPs they know he is a gun collector and all they want is guns and ammo. Our governments are getting close to destroying civil society in their efforts to keep us safe .
    Expert

Mar 26, 2020, 03:14 PM
    Yeah normal life has indeed been disrupted for everybody, and nobody knows for how long, so I get the anxiety and fear, and even the anger. I feel it too, and have my doubts about the course we're on and admit at times to be overwhelmed, but for now I think it best to listen to the scientists and follow directions. Not easy for us hard head free will types, but we must be patient and let them do there jobs. The alternative is chaos as everybody does their thing and possibly make it a lot worse than what it is and will get.

Don't panic now.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2020, 03:27 PM
    because scientist always get it right . what I really distrust is 'consensus' science.
    Expert

Mar 26, 2020, 03:37 PM
    As opposed to politicians? Or worse rich guys who own the politicians.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2020, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    because scientist always get it right . what I really distrust is 'consensus' science.
    Yes it has brought us so much, climate change, now economic shutdown and coronavirus pandemic
    Expert

Mar 27, 2020, 07:03 AM
    Scientist brought none of those things Clete. Blame your politicians for not listening, and letting the problem grow to catastrophic proportions and catch us with our pants down.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2020, 07:14 AM
    and letting the problem grow to catastrophic proportions and catch us with our pants down.
    As regards this virus???
    Expert

Mar 27, 2020, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    As regards this virus???
    We got caught with our pants down, didn't we? Get ready for that surge on hospitals that's coming.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2020, 09:39 AM
    “What we did was we closed everything down. That was our public health strategy. Just close everything, all businesses, old workers, young people, old people, short people, tall people,” said Cuomo. “Every school closed, everything.”
    “If you rethought that or had time to analyze that public health strategy, I don't know that you would say quarantine everyone,” Cuomo admitted. “I don't even know that that was the best public health policy. Young people then quarantined with older people was probably not the best public health strategy because the younger people could have been exposing the older people to an infection. “(Andrew Cuomo )
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2020, 10:17 AM
    We got caught with our pants down, didn't we?
    Yeah. I guess you'd really have to question why we had not stockpiled med supplies in anticipation of a heretofore unknown virus coming to practically the entire world from the Wuhan province in China. I mean, didn't everyone see this coming ten years ago? I'm sure that Mr. Obama saw it coming and had made preparations. I'm sure that HC was going about the country raising the alarm about this kind of situation during the 2016 election. And of course Nancy Pelosi had been, no doubt, talking about this for years and years.

I hope that is absolutely dripping with sarcasm. You might not have noticed, but the ENTIRE WORLD was caught unawares.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2020, 12:54 PM
    hospital grade ventilators cost $25 -$50,000 a piece . NO ONE was going to stock pile them for the possibility of a global pandemic. I also guarantee that the ones that are sent to NYC will NEVER be returned to the Feds or even sent to other states after the crisis ebbs here. Same thing with hopitals or beds or any other significant hospital supply . NY and other states use certificate of need to keeps supplies and indeed the number of doctors in the state restricted . Just this year NY had a CON that placed a moratorium on licensing Home Care Service agencies . Why ? Because scarcity keeps prices up.

https://www.health.ny.gov/facilities/cons/

https://medium.com/concentrated-bene...e-b8d3ec84242f

lean and mean knowing in a crisis they can whine that the Feds aren't supporting them
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2020, 03:48 PM
    lean and mean knowing in a crisis they can whine that the Feds aren't supporting them
    Exactly correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can the parvol virus stay in dogs system before it shows signs of the virus [ 3 Answers ]

Can the parvol virus stay in your dog for 5 weeks or so before it becomes sick. I bought a dog from a breeder and when I phone her to tell her my dog was sick and asked her if any of hers were sick, she told me no. By Saturday (3 days Later) she had cleared all those puppies from her house. She put...

If one partner has the stomach virus does the other partner get the smotch virus? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend hade the virus for a couple of days, He started throwing after his game on the 29th of december(miss his game on the January 1st), and I was with him on the 28, Is there a chance I could get the virus?

Virus not detected by anti virus [ 5 Answers ]

I have an anti virus or spyware program loaded on my computer but I know I still have things on my computer causing problems. My computer is "thinking" when nothing is running and several programs and certainly the internet are slow and sometimes just lock up at random times. What can I do or where...

Anti-Virus pop-up Virus [ 3 Answers ]

For the last week, every time I go online I get annoying pop-up ads and warning messages sayying' you're computer may be infected with malware and viruses, click here... " . Also, one of the pop-up ads is a virus scan. When I try to close them, I have to click close about ten times to get rid of...

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search