Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2020, 06:58 AM
    Too much for states to expect guidance and support from the feds, who are slow to give either but for now I hold my criticism for those efforts, because this is the biggest thing I've ever seen since the Walking Dead! Or WWZ! Just the emotional fallout is daunting let alone the financial and health components.

Consider just the canceled funerals and bereavement of the 1600 deaths already. That has to be devastating.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2020, 08:01 AM
    Too much for states to expect guidance and support from the feds, who are slow to give either but for now I hold my criticism for those efforts, because this is the biggest thing I've ever seen since the Walking Dead!
    Are you talking about the feds who are approaching 25 tril in debt? Those feds? I think we need to adopt a different model.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2020, 09:36 AM
    so what will the Kennedy Center do with the $25 Million government giveaway ?
    https://freebeacon.com/issues/kenned...ailout-signed/
    Expert

Mar 28, 2020, 09:48 AM
    We probably could make some changes in many things after this has been dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    so what will the Kennedy Center do with the $25 Million government giveaway ?

An example of high priced bosses stiffing the working guy?
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2020, 10:57 AM
    CEO of Kennedy Center makes 4 x POTUS salary . This $25 million is on top of regular government support and massive private donations . Renovations were funded by private donations to the tune of $250 million . Every year private donations to the center exceed $100 million .So they don't need taxpayer assistance
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2020, 11:19 AM
    So they don't need taxpayer assistance
    That's likely true of most of this money that's going to go out. It's what happens when pols figure out that they can hand out money without the need for increasing taxes.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2020, 12:22 PM
    Good news. A better test is coming out that can be done in five minutes. Free market system delivers yet again.

https://twitter.com/abbottnews/statu...054915584?s=21

"We’re launching a test that can detect COVID-19 in as little as 5 minutes—bringing rapid testing to the frontlines."
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2020, 01:16 PM
    I was just about to post that ... FDA doing what is necessary issuing an emergency use authorization

in other news regarding private enterprise stepping up to the plate

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/48...to-coronavirus
    Expert

Mar 28, 2020, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Good news. A better test is coming out that can be done in five minutes. Free market system delivers yet again.

https://twitter.com/abbottnews/statu...054915584?s=21

"We’re launching a test that can detect COVID-19 in as little as 5 minutes—bringing rapid testing to the frontlines."
    That is good news!

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I was just about to post that ... FDA doing what is necessary issuing an emergency use authorization

in other news regarding private enterprise stepping up to the plate

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/48...to-coronavirus
    The more the merrier!

Of course the dufus has to throw crap in the game!

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/3/28/21197995/coronavirus-stimulus-trump-inspector-general-wont-

Somebody please just make him shut up, or better yet quarantine his big mouth!
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2020, 03:50 PM
    Expert

Mar 29, 2020, 03:01 AM
    Maybe in a decade we forget the dufus and his words and antics.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2020, 05:22 AM
    The act of a great comedian is renown for centuries

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can the parvol virus stay in dogs system before it shows signs of the virus [ 3 Answers ]

Can the parvol virus stay in your dog for 5 weeks or so before it becomes sick. I bought a dog from a breeder and when I phone her to tell her my dog was sick and asked her if any of hers were sick, she told me no. By Saturday (3 days Later) she had cleared all those puppies from her house. She put...

If one partner has the stomach virus does the other partner get the smotch virus? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend hade the virus for a couple of days, He started throwing after his game on the 29th of december(miss his game on the January 1st), and I was with him on the 28, Is there a chance I could get the virus?

Virus not detected by anti virus [ 5 Answers ]

I have an anti virus or spyware program loaded on my computer but I know I still have things on my computer causing problems. My computer is "thinking" when nothing is running and several programs and certainly the internet are slow and sometimes just lock up at random times. What can I do or where...

Anti-Virus pop-up Virus [ 3 Answers ]

For the last week, every time I go online I get annoying pop-up ads and warning messages sayying' you're computer may be infected with malware and viruses, click here... " . Also, one of the pop-up ads is a virus scan. When I try to close them, I have to click close about ten times to get rid of...

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search