Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 03:19 PM
    faucet question
    Anyone have any idea what kind of kohler faucet this is? It has the letters OL on it if that helps. Both the hot and cold water valves have a slow leak. I do know it is OLD.

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 04:51 PM
    Found these at Lowes. (And Home Depot) Yours look older than I do, so good luck finding the details.

Item # 852630 Model # 16010-2-CP

KOHLER Chrome Faucet Handle

Maybe they have the brass
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 04:52 PM
    Hi John

Like you said, its an old Kohler...a kitchen faucet with 8-10" center spread. If I remember correctly, the OL isn't important...refers to a national standard or something like that.

Are you trying to disassemble the unit? If so, that should be straight forward although you may need help using a handle puller to get the handles off. Otherwise, I believe this is old enough that you will find good, old-fashioned rubber washers and brass seats in there so it is a re-buildable faucet.

If you have major questions on it you can call Kohler directly at 800 456-4537

Otherwise, anything I can help with?

Mark
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 05:22 PM
    Thanks, Mass. I got the handles off without much trouble. The cutoff under the sink is really strange. It looks more like the little cutoffs you see put on lines for an icemaker. There's one for the cold and one for the hot. Under the handles there is a fitting that looks like it's meant to unscrew out. It's a two sided fitting for a wrench to fit on. I'm assuming it's not a left hand thread on it. Sound about right?

Tal, the faucet handles are exactly right.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 08:34 PM
    I'd have to see a picture to be sure, but left hand threads are pretty rare.

If looking to shut water off to the faucet, just shut the main water supply off while working on the faucet.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 08:37 PM
    I'll try and get a pic in the next day or two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laundry tub faucet question [ 2 Answers ]

My laundry tub attached to the faucet is a tube which leads down to a drain in the basement floor. We have hot water constantly dripping into this tube then to the drain. Why is that tube there. We are just wasting hot water. Thanks

I have a faucet question. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a faucet question. I have a single handle Delta kitchen Faucet, when I bought it I noticed it had 2 water flow settings, but it was something you did when installing, it could be installed lower flow or higher flow. The plumber installed it on the lower flow. I don't mind low flow on the...

Glacier Bay Faucet Pullout Question [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering buying a Glacier Bay Roman Tub Faucet with Pullout shower, Model FR2P4000CP. Can you tell me how long the hose is when fully pulled out to maximum length? How long is the spicket when hose is not pulled out?

Faucet question [ 1 Answers ]

Plumbing questions: if the plumbing fixture faucet is below the siphon Line in the sink (over flow) what type of concern would this present?

View more questions Search