Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 06:18 PM
    same to you with brass balls on
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 07:12 PM
    Well then we both made the same mistake. We both assumed you knew what you were talking about, and we were both wrong.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2020, 07:24 PM
    The dems would be very foolish to pass a bill repubs write without scrutiny. The same would go if the roles were reversed, and that's where compromise begins to get a bill in the first place. Of course Turtle face wants a quick bill with no strings attached and go home and run for re election, with something to brag about, as do the dems have their own agenda too for sure, but nobody leaves without a deal.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 07:27 PM
    Now that it is firmly established that money just grows on trees, it really doesn't matter that much. Instead of squeezing this bill down to manageable size, they have just let it expand into the stratosphere. It's just a bad reflection of both parties.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2020, 07:51 PM
    The system is as flawed as the people who run it, and getting worse.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 09:52 PM
    I think the mistake you make is believing there is a system when there is only chaos
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 04:12 AM
    The system is as flawed as the people who run it, and getting worse.
    Can't forget about the people who elect them.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 04:47 AM
    I have said before that America got the president it deserves, so yeah I remembered that component as well. We screwed ourselves pretty good. Such is the way of humans. We now face the challenge of what our priority should be, dealing with the virus, or dealing with our economy. Somehow we have to do both, but an economy cannot be strong without healthy people. So it's a no brainer for me that a hospital TRUMPS the factory in this moment in time.

I don't think we can keep dithering about resourcing our health care system right now.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 04:51 AM
    got the president it deserves,
    If you are referring to Obama, then that's a good point.

Honestly, what we are getting is a group of people who are completely irresponsible with spending and who have figured out that the American people are evidently dumb enough to accept deficit spending year after year without being able to look years down the road and see where this is going to take us. It used to be largely democrats, but now even the repubs have figured out that calling for fiscal sanity is a great way to get voted out of office by an electorate all too happy to get the goodies without having to pay for them.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 05:21 AM
    Who is the president NOW? Stop acting like a dufus!
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 05:41 AM
    Who is the president NOW? Stop acting like a dufus!
    Stop with the name calling and address the real issues. Obama rode 10 tril of deficit spending. Trump is going down the same road. They are, in many ways, two peas in a pod. You worship at the altar of Obama and refuse to see it. That's unfortunate.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 05:54 AM
    2 trillion . Can't wait to break it down . Betting on more that half is pure pork .
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 06:26 AM
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

The legislation, unprecedented in its size and scope, aims to flood the economy with capital by sending $1,200 checks to many Americans, creating a $367 billion loan program for small businesses and setting up a $500 billion fund for industries, cities and states. Other provisions include a massive boost to unemployment insurance, $150 billion for state and local stimulus funds, and $130 billion for hospitals. The bill more than doubled in size in just a few days.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 06:55 AM
    and that is the 2nd bill passed and you know there is more coming . Like I said a cr@p sandwich . That's ok our children and grandchildren will sing our praises as they pay for a generational theft
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 07:18 AM
    The bill more than doubled in size in just a few days.
    In other words, there has been very little real thought put into it. Why would they need to send checks to the great majority of Americans who still have their jobs? This is largely election year vote-buying.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    In other words, there has been very little real thought put into it. Why would they need to send checks to the great majority of Americans who still have their jobs? This is largely election year vote-buying.
    So they can hunker down for a few MONTHS until the tsunami recedes?
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 07:51 AM
    So we will send money we don't have to people who don't need it? What a plan.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 08:33 AM
    Waitresses, teachers, and a host of others need it! Specificallly who doesn't need it?
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2020, 08:43 AM
    Teachers are still being paid so they don't need it. No one needs it who still has a job which is most people. As for those who don't, unemployment kicks in for them.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 04:30 PM
    I think you get outvoted yet again dude, sorry, but in three weeks until the money rolls out a lot can change especially riding around looking for a freaking roll of toilet paper. Or a bag of rice and beans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bail [ 3 Answers ]

If bail is set at 35,000 I know the standard is 10% but do bail bonds take less in any case? I'm being told there is a bailbonds that will take 1,500 instead of 3,500 and I find that hard to believe. This info did not come from bondsmen as case is in Ohio and I live in Maryland.

Can I sue the bail bonds to decrease bail [ 3 Answers ]

I was told I had to pay ten percent of my sons bail to bail him out of jail. I paid 2000 and 200 monthly. We went to court, the judge said it was an error, the bail should have been 4000, not 8600. The court order was given to bailbonds, the refused to change it. Can I sue them , what can I do?

Lowering a bail [ 1 Answers ]

Do you think that crminal lawyer would be able to lower a felony charge or defend it so it looks better. The bail is at 25000 so we want that lowered. Its very important for me to know what to do because if this goes wrong then my boyfriend might be sent back to his country.

Bail and release [ 1 Answers ]

IS it true that if you paid bail and have an active warrantthat if you are not picked up within 72 hours for the current facility your in now they have to release you?

Wage earner has SSN but spouse has ITIN.Stimulus or No Stimulus? [ 1 Answers ]

According to eligablity requirements from the IRS, I as the wage earner who has a valid SSN and 5 children also whm have a valid SSN should be eligible for a Stimulus Payment. However, I filed "Married Joint" and my husband who has only an ITIN was on my return as the secondary. I have only been...

View more questions Search