Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 20, 2020, 12:24 PM
    I was and have been referring to legally bribing my federal elected officials to write and pass legislation and create loopholes for rich guys interest above my own. I understand you have your own ideas about legal stealing and being forced to do things you don't think is right.

However seems we have both been outvoted in that regard. Maybe next election. Might be a moot point given the promise to make more people being part of the least and needy big time with few options and stocks to sell than the rich guys to get them through this current life changing event.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2020, 01:15 PM
    I was and have been referring to legally bribing my federal elected officials to write and pass legislation and create loopholes for rich guys interest above my own.
    I would agree with you that to the extent it happens, it's wrong. The problem I see is that when the top 20% of income earners pay over 85% of income taxes, then it would just seem that they are doing a pretty lousy job of "bribing" federal reps to get their treasured loopholes. They are sure doing a lousy job of getting everyone to pay something in income taxes. The bottom 50% of income earners only pay about 3% and most of them pay nothing, so that's some kind of strange loophole arrangement they have. But it doesn't really matter now. The American people, dumb and getting dumber by the day, have bought into the idea that borrowing money is the same thing as raising revenues through taxes, and just "printing" money is even better than that. So we'll just ride that horse until it dies of exhaustion, and then we can try walking.
    Expert

Mar 20, 2020, 01:37 PM
    The whole world is shutdown, sick, and dying and you worry about the rich guys paying a few trillion to fund government while making even more trillions than everybody else. At least you acknowledge it's wrong to steal. Borrowing money is selling treasury bonds not printing money.
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2020, 01:39 PM
    The whole world is shutdown, sick, and dying and you worry about the rich guys paying a few trillion to fund government while making even more trillions than everybody else.
    I'm not worried about that, but your constant misrepresentation of the truth does concern me.

At least you acknowledge it's wrong to steal. Borrowing money is selling treasury bonds not printing money.
    You are behind the times. The feds now routinely expand the money supply.
    Expert

Mar 20, 2020, 02:44 PM
    So expand it. What are you going to do given circumstance? Nobody has given a crap about the deficit in many decades and it's been weaponized as a talking point ever since.

I won't address what you think is a misrepresentation since 85% of tax revenues of about 4T bucks is 3.4T bucks

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/s...vernment.html/

But consider the total net worth of America at 92T bucks in a 21T dollar a year economy.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ar...s-96-trillion/

https://www.thebalance.com/us-gdp-by-year-3305543

Just figure out your own net worth and see where you fall on the food chain. Let see your numbers. I want to see what your crying about.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2020, 03:51 PM
    Look: This is just the beginning: The ChiComs have bigger plans around Biological Weapons.....Effectively, they have attacked us and we have to be ready this time....and we have to respond in a large way to stop the bastards.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2020, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The whole world is shutdown, sick, and dying and you worry about the rich guys paying a few trillion to fund government while making even more trillions than everybody else. At least you acknowledge it's wrong to steal. Borrowing money is selling treasury bonds not printing money.
    for heaven's sake man get some perspective, 200,000 out of a population of more than 7 billion have contracted this disease which has already run its course in China with 80,000 of such cases. The whole world is not sick and dying, governments around the world have over reacted, prone to doom and gloom predictions of WHO and medical panic merchants. Yes the hospital systems are inadequate since they have to turn their money making operations over to healing but this will be short lived, three months and the worst will be over
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 20, 2020, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    for heaven's sake man get some perspective, 200,000 out of a population of more than 7 billion have contracted this disease which has already run its course in China with 80,000 of such cases. The whole world is not sick and dying, governments around the world have over reacted, prone to doom and gloom predictions of WHO and medical panic merchants. Yes the hospital systems are inadequate since they have to turn their money making operations over to healing but this will be short lived, three months and the worst will be over
    Apparently, certain people can get it again, that is, a relapse is possible and immunity isn't guaranteed. The worst may not yet be over.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...in/4804905002/
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2020, 04:58 PM
    for most it is mild no worse than the flu and yes those with preexisting conditions are at risk. The worst will still take some time to resolve but this panic is engineered. Governments have overreacted causing widespread panic
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2020, 05:01 PM
    I won't address what you think is a misrepresentation since 85% of tax revenues of about 4T bucks is 3.4T bucks
    First of all, your calculation is not correct. It is 85% of fed income taxes, not of total taxes. Secondly, again I must ask, what is your point?

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/s...vernment.html/ Old news.

But consider the total net worth of America at 92T bucks in a 21T dollar a year economy.
    So?

Just figure out your own net worth and see where you fall on the food chain. Let see your numbers. I want to see what your crying about.
    My net worth is absolutely, positively none of your business. I will say my wife and I are many miles short of a million. Unlike you, I am not eaten up with jealousy about people worth more than I am. I desire none of their money. When I consider where my mother and father were when they got married in 45, then I'm grateful to God for what we have. It's a tragedy to see stupid, selfish pols destroy what several generations built with hard work and self-discipline. You laugh off the national debt. You won't be laughing much longer.
    Expert

Mar 20, 2020, 09:18 PM
    I'm not laughing at the debt, I'm watching hospitals increase their bed capacity by making use of hotels and large spaces. So sick people will have a place to be treated.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2020, 10:11 PM
    one way to get 100% occupancy
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    one way to get 100% occupancy
    There is also the accompanying staffing and allocation of resources, and supply lines that comes with that 100% occupancy.
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2020, 02:40 PM
    Yes retrained airline employees
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 06:25 PM
    The dufus and his crew of sycophants including Pence don't have a clue of the tools he has at his disposal. We all have seen the generals being interviewed by network talking heads about the abilities of the DLA

'Through other U.S. federal agencies, DLA also helps provide relief supplies to victims of natural disasters, as well as humanitarian aid to refugees and internally displaced persons.'
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2020, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The dufus and his crew of sycophants including Pence don't have a clue of the tools he has at his disposal. We all have seen the generals being interviewed by network talking heads about the abilities of the DLA

'Through other U.S. federal agencies, DLA also helps provide relief supplies to victims of natural disasters, as well as humanitarian aid to refugees and internally displaced persons.'
    you had better hope they are stockpiling food at many locations as panic buying strips supermarket shelves and prices go through the roof, the poor are going to need it and not just the poor, the logistics will be overwhelmed, that is what we are seeing here and bus loads of outer towners ddescending on our supermarkets
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 04:34 AM
    I doubt anyone anywhere can stockpile anything, including food, when the demand spikes higher than the supply.
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2020, 05:04 AM
    Yes tal the logistics fail when the idiots buy out the stores, they just started on hardware stores here can't imagine what that's about but there is going to be a whole lot of renovatin' goin' on
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 06:41 AM
    Let the gouging begin!
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2020, 02:31 PM
    this is a vrus led recovery

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bail [ 3 Answers ]

If bail is set at 35,000 I know the standard is 10% but do bail bonds take less in any case? I'm being told there is a bailbonds that will take 1,500 instead of 3,500 and I find that hard to believe. This info did not come from bondsmen as case is in Ohio and I live in Maryland.

Can I sue the bail bonds to decrease bail [ 3 Answers ]

I was told I had to pay ten percent of my sons bail to bail him out of jail. I paid 2000 and 200 monthly. We went to court, the judge said it was an error, the bail should have been 4000, not 8600. The court order was given to bailbonds, the refused to change it. Can I sue them , what can I do?

Lowering a bail [ 1 Answers ]

Do you think that crminal lawyer would be able to lower a felony charge or defend it so it looks better. The bail is at 25000 so we want that lowered. Its very important for me to know what to do because if this goes wrong then my boyfriend might be sent back to his country.

Bail and release [ 1 Answers ]

IS it true that if you paid bail and have an active warrantthat if you are not picked up within 72 hours for the current facility your in now they have to release you?

Wage earner has SSN but spouse has ITIN.Stimulus or No Stimulus? [ 1 Answers ]

According to eligablity requirements from the IRS, I as the wage earner who has a valid SSN and 5 children also whm have a valid SSN should be eligible for a Stimulus Payment. However, I filed "Married Joint" and my husband who has only an ITIN was on my return as the secondary. I have only been...

View more questions Search