Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 04:12 PM
    Recovery isn't the word I would use since I don't think we have seen it's peak at all. Has any other country? I have serious doubts.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2020, 05:34 PM
    well China seems to had seen the peak or they are not providing updates?
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 06:36 PM
    Italy is showing small improvements too, but whho knows for sure. The dufus has said he is considering opening America again in the next few weeks as the cure being worse than the sickness is unthinkable. meanwhile 5 congress people have been isolated and one with the virus as they hammer out a bail out agreement which has failed twice in the senate.
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2020, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Italy is showing small improvements too, but whho knows for sure. The dufus has said he is considering opening America again in the next few weeks as the cure being worse than the sickness is unthinkable. meanwhile 5 congress people have been isolated and one with the virus as they hammer out a bail out agreement which has failed twice in the senate.
    don't understand your system, I thought the repelicans held your Senate. Our parliament met for a day, passed the necessary laws, and will not meet again until August, Sometimes bipartisanship is necessary for the national good
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2020, 07:22 PM
    We have Nancy Pelosi. That's all the explanation needed.
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2020, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    We have Nancy Pelosi. That's all the explanation needed.
    I didn't know Pelosi is a Senator, don't you have separation of the Houses?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I didn't know Pelosi is a Senator, don't you have separation of the Houses?
    She's a State Representative, the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

The legislative body is the House and Senate. The executive body is the president. The judicial body is the Supreme Court.

Executive-Legislative-Judicial.
    Expert

Mar 23, 2020, 11:34 PM
    The president can't get a bill on his desk to sign into law until it's passed through both the House (435 people who represent 750,000 citizens in a district of the state), and the Senate (Two for every state). Repubs control the Senate, and Dems control the House after the 2018 election.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 04:16 AM
    Who said Pelosi is a senator?
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 04:41 AM
    Who said Pelosi is a senator?
    You did you gave her credit for the bills delay in the senate

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    She's a State Representative, the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

The legislative body is the House and Senate. The executive body is the president. The judicial body is the Supreme Court.

Executive-Legislative-Judicial.
    Yes we have the same system but not a two party system of government, bipartisanship comes into play more often
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 05:02 AM
    You did you gave her credit for the bills delay in the senate
    Your lack of familiarity with our system comes back to bite you. The Senate and the House will both have to approve this bill, so it is an ongoing measure in both bodies. Pelosi, as Speaker of the House, has great input. Anyone who knows our system would know that mentioning Pelosi certainly does not in any way ID her as a senator.

The part that is, as usual, being completely ignored is the fact that these people are spending "virtual" money. It's money we don't have. So, since they are spending what we don't have and don't have to impose taxes to get, they just turn the faucets on wide-open and let 'er rip. It was 1 trillion on Saturday, but now it's grown to 2 trillion, so we've gone from 3 thousand dollars per American to six thousand. Oh well.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2020, 12:24 PM
    Unfair to expect Clete, or any other foreigner to know our system as well as we do. Heck most Americans have trouble getting it right half the time. I stopped worry about the debt and deficit after the original dufus cut taxes after Clinton balanced the budget, and repubs only hollered NOMOMONEY when a democrat was in office. At least you blast 'em all as being fiscally irresponsible, but hard not to use debt for this current health and fiscal crisis. Darn near impossible.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 01:08 PM
    [Trump]
    has said he is considering opening America again in the next few weeks as the cure being worse than the sickness is unthinkable.

and he is right . Could it be that we are doing this bass akwards ? The economic damage this is bringing is far worse than the disease .More people will become collateral damage due how we are approaching this . And what happens when the disease returns in a year . We are not properly developing herd immunity by hiding away in our homes . Maybe there will be vaccines and pharmaceutical remedies by then . But perhaps would've it been better to allow the young and healthy to become exposed ? I predict more people will be hurt by the economic damage this is causing than what the virus is doing
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/o...-4yoWZab_rr200
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 03:06 PM
    Unfair to expect Clete, or any other foreigner to know our system as well as we do. Heck most Americans have trouble getting it right half the time.
    You're right about that, but a little humility by Clete would be nice. When you are not familiar with the system, then maybe you should't be so quick to throw stones.
    I stopped worry about the debt and deficit after the original dufus cut taxes after Clinton balanced the budget, and repubs only hollered NOMOMONEY when a democrat was in office.
    It is absolutely stunning that you left out Obama. He accumulated as much debt as every other pres before him COMBINED. Wow. You also conveniently neglect to mention that it was a Newt Gingrich led republican House that crafted and insisted on those balanced budgets Clinton had. Talk about being partisan!

At least you blast 'em all as being fiscally irresponsible, but hard not to use debt for this current health and fiscal crisis. Darn near impossible.
    It would be fine if we had not just endured two presidents (Bush/Obama) that ran up enormous debt, and now a repub pres and dem House that just can't seem to spend money fast enough. If we had been responsible the past twenty years, we would have the margin to do this safely. And please don't go down the road of Trump's tax cuts. That accounts for only 20% (and probably not that much) of the present budget deficit. It is over-spending that is just killing us.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 03:47 PM
    You're right about that, but a little humility by Clete would be nice. When you are not familiar with the system, then maybe you should't be so quick to throw stones.
    In this case I didn't throw stones but made an observation based on comment by jl as to humility, you first, lead by example
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 04:03 PM
    Your comment was totally incorrect. I never said Pelosi was in the Senate. If I did, then post the quote. Otherwise, admit your mistake and drop it, or at least just drop it. It gets old.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 04:08 PM
    Your comment was totally incorrect. I never said Pelosi was in the Senate. If I did, then post the quote. Otherwise, admit your mistake and drop it, or at least just drop it. It gets old.
    You said that the passing of the bill was held up in the senate because of Pelosi but in your system of government the house leader has no say in the Senate so I said I didn't know that Pelosi was a Senator, the inference to be drawn from your statement.

Now if it was my system of government the influence of the prime minister could be said to extend to the senate but Pelosi is not a head of government
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 04:15 PM
    in your system of government the house leader has no say in the Senate so I said I didn't know that Pelosi was a Senator, the inference to be drawn from your statement.
    Your inference was based upon a faulty assumption. The House and Senate must both approve a bill, so there is always communication going on from one side to the other. Pelosi has a great deal of informal influence in the Senate. All Speakers do. That was your faulty understanding.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 04:21 PM
    now if that had been your reply in the first instance we would have saved a lot of time
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 05:38 PM
    I assumed you knew what you were talking about. My mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bail [ 3 Answers ]

If bail is set at 35,000 I know the standard is 10% but do bail bonds take less in any case? I'm being told there is a bailbonds that will take 1,500 instead of 3,500 and I find that hard to believe. This info did not come from bondsmen as case is in Ohio and I live in Maryland.

Can I sue the bail bonds to decrease bail [ 3 Answers ]

I was told I had to pay ten percent of my sons bail to bail him out of jail. I paid 2000 and 200 monthly. We went to court, the judge said it was an error, the bail should have been 4000, not 8600. The court order was given to bailbonds, the refused to change it. Can I sue them , what can I do?

Lowering a bail [ 1 Answers ]

Do you think that crminal lawyer would be able to lower a felony charge or defend it so it looks better. The bail is at 25000 so we want that lowered. Its very important for me to know what to do because if this goes wrong then my boyfriend might be sent back to his country.

Bail and release [ 1 Answers ]

IS it true that if you paid bail and have an active warrantthat if you are not picked up within 72 hours for the current facility your in now they have to release you?

Wage earner has SSN but spouse has ITIN.Stimulus or No Stimulus? [ 1 Answers ]

According to eligablity requirements from the IRS, I as the wage earner who has a valid SSN and 5 children also whm have a valid SSN should be eligible for a Stimulus Payment. However, I filed "Married Joint" and my husband who has only an ITIN was on my return as the secondary. I have only been...

View more questions Search