Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2020, 04:35 PM
    Utter foolishness, but what you gunnado?
    when the tiolet paper runs out?

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...d13e86cd59047e

coronavirus foolishness has reached new levels in Australia, a nation with few cases and even fewer deaths. Supermarket shelves have been stripped of everyday household items. Where I live, far from the major cities and certainly far from any reported cases of coronavirus, now known as CV, supermarket shelves have been stripped. Total foolishness and total selfishness. be prepared for this new blight to happen near you.

In a supermarket yesterday two women were seen fighting over a packet of pasta. When did your life depend on a packet of pasta?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2020, 08:12 PM
    Paraclete: Same stupidity is at work here in the U.S.: Hand sanitizers are GONE and if you find any they are PRICE GOUGING the daylights out of them. No hard times yet and people are ready to cut each others throats: Just think if A REAL EMERGENCY emerges: People will be killing one another.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2020, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Paraclete: Same stupidity is at work here in the U.S.: Hand sanitizers are GONE and if you find any they are PRICE GOUGING the daylights out of them. No hard times yet and people are ready to cut each others throats: Just think if A REAL EMERGENCY emerges: People will be killing one another.
    Time for open carry of my Mauser....

Mar 5, 2020, 05:28 AM
    W.G.: How in the world do you know about Mausers? Is there something we don't know about you and firearms? Mausers are one of my favorite high powered rifles!
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2020, 05:58 AM
    Again utter foolishness, Doctors are buying masks from hardware stores, dentists are shutting down
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 5, 2020, 07:02 AM
    How hard is it to swab people and get tests results from a reliable lab? Heck the Koreans have a drive thru for such testing.

Mar 5, 2020, 10:44 AM
    Talaniman & Paraclete: Ya'll are looking at this all wrong! The angle here for a great many is: "How are we going PROFIT from this CV thing"? In the time of the Apocalypse, there will be someone trying like hell to turn a few bucks more out the impending doom: It is Biblical that it must be this way.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2020, 02:35 PM
    Yes it is the american way, but not our way, we have had a long crisis season, no excuse, but people are tired and the media relentless, so people believe there is a crisis when none exists
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2020, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    How hard is it to swab people and get tests results from a reliable lab? Heck the Koreans have a drive thru for such testing.
    Tal it isn't hard but the process risks infection since you don't know where the patient or the health worker has been. When doctors start dying, and patients start dying it throws the system into chaos, where do you look next. Yesterday staff at a nursing home didn't turn up because an elderly patient had died from CV and a staff member accused of spreading the virus. Kids are turning up to school infected and noone know why, all isolated cases but this thing has been in the community longer than we know
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2020, 05:55 PM
    I think of the greatest generation . I think of my father in law who spent his boyhood in the ruins of the Blitz . I think of my wife's grandfather who was wounded and taken prisoner as a member of the French resistence . I think of my father fighting in Korea ;and then was going to go to Nam during Kennedy's term until he got ill from all the immuniztion shots the Navy gave him.

Then I think of the stupidity of our self inflicted panic of a virus that compared to recent epidemics seems tepid .I am embarrassed how wet noodle our spines have become. I mean seriously ;we have Tito Vodka having to advertise that it is not a good idea to use their product in home made hand soap solutions. that the sale of Corona beer has sufferer since the outbreak . That people are emptying the shelves of TP .That it is almost impossible to find N95 masks even for heath care providers who genuinely need them while at the same time wearing them out on the street when you are healthy is a complete waste of a good mask.

Here is some perspective ;
    the CDC estimates that there have been 18,000-46,000 deaths
    so far this season. And that happens EVERY year even with the preparation of millions of doses of vaccine. And yet we somehow manage to go about out lives without irrational panic. 2009 the H1N1 swine flu caused at least 150,000 deaths worldwide and over 12,000 in the US . I do not recall a panic like we see here with almost around the clock coverage . Covid 19 appears to be a mild strain of corona virus .The children who have it do not die. The adults who have died appear to have other issues compromising their immune system.
    Expert

Mar 5, 2020, 06:17 PM
    Can't say about NY, but I don't see much panic in my neck of the woods, but we won't know how extensive this virus is because nobody is testing on a large scale so who knows exactly what the extent of it is.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2020, 06:18 PM
    Tom I agree we have been coddled by modern medicine and the millennials and recent generations are a bunch of woosses, they panic. CV appears to attack those with kidney disease while the rest of us catch cold, I have been sneezing and have a runny nose have I contracted CV, of course I haven't, but the millennials will run to the doctor fueled by media hype
    Expert

Mar 5, 2020, 06:55 PM
    How can you know whether you have CV without being tested?

Mar 5, 2020, 07:14 PM
    I know its a terrible thing to say, a terrible reminder.....BUT: We are ALL going to die one day....if you number is up, your number is up....If you live in fear, you are not living the way we were designed to live: Nobody, no one, like cowards: This life is to be lived. ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS ARE PREORDAINED!
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2020, 08:06 PM
    How can you know whether you have CV without being tested?
    because it cannot have arrived here yet, and even if it has I haven't been in contact with but a few people. I no doubt have a coronavirus, the common cold, not CV-19
    Expert

Mar 6, 2020, 05:27 AM
    I hope you're right and your fortunes continue, but maybe check those tourists, and sneaky migrants to keep it that way and be wary of your trading partners, as I've heard it's an easy thing to be caught unawares of. If you find a vaccine please share that with us.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2020, 05:50 AM
    it has been here for months . But most of us confused it with sinus sniffles
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2020, 05:08 PM
    You could be right, the sudden onset in various places suggests it has been around longer than the official version, meanwhile the panic continues, people fighting in supermarkets, limits on purchases in supermarkets, it is inexplicable in a modern ordered society

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...1b999ac1828cc8
    Expert

Mar 8, 2020, 04:02 AM
    Don't be so hard on yor fellow Aussies Clete. People paper is important! Would you want to be locked down in your house without it?
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2020, 06:11 PM
    Don't be so hard on yor fellow Aussies Clete. People paper is important! Would you want to be locked down in your house without it?
    I have a bidet so no need to panic, those who have panicked are selfish bogans. you can't eat toilet paper, or maybe you can but supermarket trolleys piled high with toilet paper show the level of intelligence, the level of my stock has reduced two rolls since the crisis began, horror, I need another big pack immediately

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a man utter Three Talaq in one sitting - is Talaq granted in Islam ? [ 2 Answers ]

"Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem" I am a privet employee by profession. I am married for 4 and half years and Al-hamdulillah, I have a 2 and half years old little daughter. I am a Sunni Muslim from Bangladesh . Only we three are in the home (me, my wife and our daughter). This happened 10 days...

I was arrested for utter forged/ and 3 deg grand theft what will happen in court [ 21 Answers ]

I was caught up in a check scam and did not know about it, I tried to cash a check at the bank but was stopped and told that the check was stolen. The police were called but I was let go. I was sent a check in the mail by another person and tried to cash it and again was told it was stolen. Mind...

I have been charge for fraud under 5000 and utter a fraud documents, [ 4 Answers ]

I have been charge with fraud under 5000 and utter fraud documents,the police said that I transfer a car into someone name with out there permision.I told them I had the car selling and a family friend wanted it to buy, so we agree on a price they told me to transfer the car in there name and ...

Do we have to say talaq or any other we can utter [ 2 Answers ]

Pleaes tell me if a husband fighting with his wife, during fight he said to her (tere mera silsila hatam) your & my relation finish, so please let me know, is it possible saying these words divorce can occured/take place?? Or we have to say "talaq" word then divorce will take place? Please...

Jedi-ism, Foolishness or curiousness? [ 13 Answers ]

Yes, I know. Jedi's are not real, that we know of, in our univers. And The force was really created by George Lukcus by studying other religions, especailly Budhism, and so one. But what if we ignore the story, drop the illusion and see the relevance?? Ok, so we may not have Light...

View more questions Search