Mar 11, 2020, 12:30 PM
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2020, 02:36 PM
    good one
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2020, 03:16 PM
    March Madness is the unofficial name for the NCAA college basketball tournament . It is a big revenue opportunity for the colleges ,the cities that host the tournament ,the employees at the arenas ,the network that airs the event . and local businesses that support the events . It lasts 3 weeks. It is a cultural phenomenon in this country .

The NCAA announced today that the teams will be playing at empty arenas for the next 3 weeks . It is March Madness indeed
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2020, 03:30 PM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29l...ature=emb_logo
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2020, 04:42 PM
    another good one Tom
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2020, 05:39 PM
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2020, 07:49 PM
    https://www.facebook.com/robert.merr...232875018/?t=0
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 12, 2020, 03:18 AM
    NBA suspended it's season, and more to follow for sure. What no baseball?
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2020, 05:20 AM
    the end of the world as we know it
    Expert

Mar 12, 2020, 05:26 AM
    Cabin fever for some, binge watching for others. Popcorn for all!
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2020, 12:49 PM
    I am sure Spring Training will end in a day or less and the season delayed . I count on college baskeball to fill the gap between the Super Bowl and the opening of MLB.

Now all the cities are cancelling St Patty's day parades . What an event it is in NYC ! I have come into the city on the train and half the passengers are drunk before they reach Grand Central Station on the morning of the parade .

But the good news is that the bars will still be open . Everyone knows that the hidden cure to Wuhan Virus (may as well call it what it is ) ;is a couple of shots of Jameson with a Guiness chaser .
    Expert

Mar 12, 2020, 04:41 PM
    So China is suffering from a hangover not the flu?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2020, 04:28 AM
    Did any of you hear of a book by Dean Koontz entitled "The Eyes Of Darkness"? In that book, he predicts this bronchial pandemic, he predicts the year, he predicts the location in China from which it came, and he has a name for it called Wuhan-400, which is claimed to arise from biological weapons research by the ChiComs….SOUND FAR FETCHED? No, its not....damn thing was written a while back.
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2020, 04:41 AM
    released 1981 .
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2020, 05:30 AM
    tomder55: Just a fanciful imagination by Koontz or what? How do you explain this? Right at 40 years ago written (publishing and release takes time).

Here is what makes me mad as hell: EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN U.S. ELECTIONS: IS THIS NOT CHINESE COMMUNIST MEDDLING IN U.S. ELECTIONS? They release a contagion to knock the hell out of the U.S. economy in order to derail President Trump's Reelection and NOBODY is saying anything about that being meddling in the U.S. Election Process? COME ON!
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2020, 05:45 AM
    He has some of it right ie the source probably originating from a bio-research (weapon? ) lab. His virus in not a corona strain . I have read many of his books . This one I did read but did not remember the details until you brought it up . I believe this was just an accidental release . There is a market near the lab that sells exotic meats like bat . The lab was doing experiments on bats . From there is spread because the Chinese travel to this country at a rate of 7,000 a day when there are no restrictions . This also began in late December ;right before Chinese New Year ;January being a very heavy travel month for the Chinese . Could it be intentional ? Maybe . But I wonder if even XI would be crazy enough to release it on his own population .

I liken this more to Lyme Disease where the epicenter was Lyme Connecticut ;right across the Long Island Sound from the US research lab on Plum Island . That too is a cover up .
    Expert

Mar 13, 2020, 07:47 AM
    Doesn't matter where this thing came from or why anymore, as it's more important to focus on what we do about it now, and as a matter of course the dufus is fumbling and bumbling and his failure to test and has everybody wondering WTF? That's not good and if it weren't for locals and states we would be up the creek without a paddle. He needs to just shut up and authorize the checks when the states and cities call for it. Every industry is more than funded and capable of covering it's own arse as far as a market solution.

You think some rich MOFO ain't buying up all those stocks that are falling all over the place? One FACT we know that rich guys got plenty of money from repubs last year, so when you hear them holler, ignore them and worry about yourself!
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2020, 09:46 AM
    testing needs to be prioritized to high risk categories and those who have symptoms. it was not for those who are anxious and want piece of mind or hypochondriacs . and hate to break it to you ;the ability to produce more test kits is limited by Federal red tape ;specifically regs adopted by the emperor during H1N1 . 1 States were not permited to produce their own test kits 2. all test kits had to be sent to a CDC lab to be confirmed by federal authorities, a process that extended the wait times for patients to be notified about their results.

Both have been lifted so soon there will be plenty of kits available . They will be selling them at Ancestry .com . btw 4 million test kits will have been already been distributed by Monday . .

Even the Slimes is reporting on the real cause . According to the Slimes Seattle infectious disease expert Dr. Helen Chu had, by January, collected a huge number of nasal swabs from local residents who were experiencing symptoms as part of a research project on flu. She proposed, to federal and state officials, testing those samples for coronavirus infections. As the Slimes reports, the CDC told Chu and her team that they could not test the samples unless their laboratory test was approved by the FDA. The FDA refused to approve Chu's test on the grounds that her lab "was not certified as a clinical laboratory under regulations established by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, a process that could take months." In the meantime, the CDC required that public health officials could only use the diagnostic test designed by the agency. That test released on February 5 turned out to be badly flawed The CDC's insistence on a top-down centralized testing regime greatly slowed down the process of disease detection as the infection rate was accelerating.A frustrated Chu and her colleagues began testing on February 25 without government approval. They almost immediately detected a coronavirus infection in a local teenager with no recent travel history. Chu warned local public health officials of her lab's finding and the teenager's school was closed as a precaution. The teen's diagnosis strongly suggested that the disease had been circulating throughout the western part of Washington for weeks. We now know that that is likely true.
    Expert

Mar 13, 2020, 02:15 PM
    As the prez announced an emergency and CEO's said nice stuff and drive thru testing the markets shot up! Bout time he figured it out, and it's Friday so he can't screw things up tomorrow with his big mouth BS!
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2020, 02:49 PM
    here's a novel twist for the novel virus, supermarkets implement elderly hours, but you have to get there before regular opening hours., now if the held an elderly day that would make sense

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a man utter Three Talaq in one sitting - is Talaq granted in Islam ? [ 2 Answers ]

"Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem" I am a privet employee by profession. I am married for 4 and half years and Al-hamdulillah, I have a 2 and half years old little daughter. I am a Sunni Muslim from Bangladesh . Only we three are in the home (me, my wife and our daughter). This happened 10 days...

I was arrested for utter forged/ and 3 deg grand theft what will happen in court [ 21 Answers ]

I was caught up in a check scam and did not know about it, I tried to cash a check at the bank but was stopped and told that the check was stolen. The police were called but I was let go. I was sent a check in the mail by another person and tried to cash it and again was told it was stolen. Mind...

I have been charge for fraud under 5000 and utter a fraud documents, [ 4 Answers ]

I have been charge with fraud under 5000 and utter fraud documents,the police said that I transfer a car into someone name with out there permision.I told them I had the car selling and a family friend wanted it to buy, so we agree on a price they told me to transfer the car in there name and ...

Do we have to say talaq or any other we can utter [ 2 Answers ]

Pleaes tell me if a husband fighting with his wife, during fight he said to her (tere mera silsila hatam) your & my relation finish, so please let me know, is it possible saying these words divorce can occured/take place?? Or we have to say "talaq" word then divorce will take place? Please...

Jedi-ism, Foolishness or curiousness? [ 13 Answers ]

Yes, I know. Jedi's are not real, that we know of, in our univers. And The force was really created by George Lukcus by studying other religions, especailly Budhism, and so one. But what if we ignore the story, drop the illusion and see the relevance?? Ok, so we may not have Light...

View more questions Search