Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 27, 2020, 08:21 AM
    Who on this boards logic is it you question and why? What does Iran and methenol have to do with the US? Please explain.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2020, 10:21 AM
    The insane logic that because the pres expressed hope in a particular medicine, then it was somehow his fault that an older couple took a chemical made for cleaning fish tanks. It would be just as crazy to blame Trump for the Iranians drinking methanol because he said drink plenty of liquids if you get sick. It's a simple and yet accurate comparison.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2020, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    That makes no sense really if you are closed down as you say and the infection rates still rises despite your claim you have a cure. So when does the cure get used on the population?
    The cure doesn't get used on the population it gets used on the hospitalised, that is under medical supervision, thus few deaths. The infection rate has slowed and has been less in the last two days, infections are from cruise ships, arrivals and people who have come in contact with them, there are few infections not from such sources
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2020, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The insane logic that because the pres expressed hope in a particular medicine, then it was somehow his fault that an older couple took a chemical made for cleaning fish tanks. It would be just as crazy to blame Trump for the Iranians drinking methanol because he said drink plenty of liquids if you get sick. It's a simple and yet accurate comparison.
    He should not have mentioned the malaria drug at all. Talking about possible cures isn't in his playbook, especially this early in the pandemic.

"Drink plenty of liquids" is a far cry from "drink plenty of water."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2020, 03:06 PM
    He should not have mentioned the malaria drug at all. Talking about possible cures isn't in his playbook, especially this early in the pandemic

The very same day he mentioned it . Il duce Cuomo announced that NY STATE would begin clinical trials designed for fast track approval that began Tuesday . So now NY is administering dosage of the drugs under supersision . It is grossly unfair for the left to blame one idiot couple deciding to poison themselves with fish tank cleaner on Trump . I'm done with this issue . It is a waste of time to respond to this ridiculous non-issue .
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2020, 03:46 PM
    He should not have mentioned the malaria drug at all. Talking about possible cures isn't in his playbook, especially this early in the pandemic.

"Drink plenty of liquids" is a far cry from "drink plenty of water."
    Who could imagine why Trump would have brought up the subject of a drug THAT SEEMS TO BE A CURE FOR CV? Good grief you have one of the worst cases of TDS I have ever seen. If Trump raised someone from the dead you'd criticize him for not being a licensed funeral director.

315 million Americans and TWO decided he was suggesting they take fish tank chemicals. If you can make a statement and the odds are 157.5 million to one that people will understand your intent, then you have done fantastically, amazingly well. I'm not a fan of Trump, but this Trump hatred has reached the point of being obscene.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2020, 04:02 PM
    Who could imagine why Trump would have brought up the subject of a drug THAT SEEMS TO BE A CURE FOR CV? Good grief you have one of the worst cases of TDS I have ever seen. If Trump raised someone from the dead you'd criticize him for not being a licensed funeral director.
    Funeral directors DO NOT raise people from the dead. That's NOT their job! Sheesh! The minister had his chance during the funeral!
    315 million Americans and TWO decided he was suggesting they take fish tank chemicals. If you can make a statement and the odds are 157.5 million to one that people will understand your intent, then you have done fantastically, amazingly well. I'm not a fan of Trump, but this Trump hatred has reached the point of being obscene.
    It was two more than zero. I don't hate Trump, yet I do feel very sorry for him. Apparently, you don't watch his news briefings....
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2020, 06:47 PM
    Funeral directors DO NOT raise people from the dead. That's NOT their job! Sheesh! The minister had his chance during the funeral!
    You got the point.

It was two more than zero.
    Craziness. 900,000 dead every year from abortion and you have nothing to say, but you want to go wild about two people out of 315 million who did something foolish.

Sure sounds like hatred.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2020, 07:42 PM
    Craziness. 900,000 dead every year from abortion and you have nothing to say, but you want to go wild about two people out of 315 million who did something foolish.

Sure sounds like hatred.
    No. The topic on the table is the coronavirus. Stop with the diversion!
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2020, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It is not a diversion to examine priorities whatever the circumstance
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2020, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    It is not a diversion to examine priorities whatever the circumstance
    Of course it is! Start a new thread.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2020, 08:51 PM
    You start a new thread I started this one and it has long since gone off topic. The topic, if I may remind you, was the foolishness of panic in the face of a pandemic

Now, I would like to know, what is the point of stimulus if retail businesses, in fact, many businesses, are forced to close down, you can spend just so much money in a supermarket
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2020, 01:17 AM
    It's not a diversion. It just strikes me as wildly strange that while you make a huge deal over the foolish decision of two people, you NEVER comment on the nine hundred thousand dead unborn children every year. I wonder why that is? It just smacks of being influenced by political hatred of Trump.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2020, 01:36 AM
    Now, I would like to know, what is the point of stimulus if retail businesses, in fact, many businesses, are forced to close down, you can spend just so much money in a supermarket
    correct . To call this a stimulus package is a joke .It is at best an aid package .That it benefits those who were forced out of their job or business is a good thing probably since it was government action that forced them out . There is way too much pork in it (and I haven't even really looked at it in detail yet). And they foolishly added incentive for workers to not go back to work for months .
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2020, 01:46 AM
    There is way too much pork in it (and I haven't even really looked at it in detail yet). And they foolishly added incentive for workers to not go back to work for months .
    Has become all too typical. It used to be using taxpayer money to buy votes. Now it's become much worse, which is the use of borrowed money to buy votes.
    Expert

Mar 28, 2020, 05:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You start a new thread I started this one and it has long since gone off topic. The topic, if I may remind you, was the foolishness of panic in the face of a pandemic
    You can expect in times of crisis for some to panic and do some dumb stuff and even exploit the situation. I don't see it as widespread, but certainly becoming a law enforcement issue.

Stop thinking of it as stimulus and see it as a maintenance fee during a down time.

It's not a diversion. It just strikes me as wildly strange that while you make a huge deal over the foolish decision of two people, you NEVER comment on the nine hundred thousand dead unborn children every year. I wonder why that is? It just smacks of being influenced by political hatred of Trump.
    An opinion on event, is making it a huge deal? That may be an exaggeration of a talking point and since when have ideological differences not been discussed here? We often get sidetracked into the side issues we personally peeve about. It's human nature to push a point by any means necessary.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2020, 05:31 AM
    An opinion on event, is making it a huge deal?
    Just expressing an opinion does not make it a huge deal, so that's true enough, but when a person repeatedly makes comments such as, "He should not have mentioned the malaria drug at all. Talking about possible cures isn't in his playbook, especially this early in the pandemic," then that qualifies as making a huge deal out of it. It is a complete loss of perspective and reason.
    Expert

Mar 28, 2020, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    correct . To call this a stimulus package is a joke .It is at best an aid package .That it benefits those who were forced out of their job or business is a good thing probably since it was government action that forced them out . There is way too much pork in it (and I haven't even really looked at it in detail yet). And they foolishly added incentive for workers to not go back to work for months .
    The virus forced the action Tom, at least as I see it, but agree in the relief aid description. Watching to see if the bulk of the money for Big Biz gets used properly while we argue the age old argument of workers not wanting to work, and want free money.

Big Biz LOVES free money!
    Expert

Mar 28, 2020, 05:42 AM
    Just expressing an opinion does not make it a huge deal, so that's true enough, but when a person repeatedly makes comments such as, "He should not have mentioned the malaria drug at all. Talking about possible cures isn't in his playbook, especially this early in the pandemic," then that qualifies as making a huge deal out of it. It is a complete loss of perspective and reason.
    The dufus could be more responsible and discreet with his words to the public but that is a hope we have had since he announced his bid in 2016. He hasn't changed so he gets BLASTED by those who oppose him like ME! Now maybe it's no big deal to you, but we both know that his words have consequences and even the SM reacts to them and that affects people, and not in a good way nor endears confidence or empathy.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ersight-152560

But in a signing statement issued shortly after he approved the bill, Trump says he'll be the last word on whether this provision is followed.

"I do not understand, and my Administration will not treat, this provision as permitting the [inspector general] to issue reports to the Congress without the presidential supervision required" by Article II of the Constitution, Trump said in the signing statement.
    Sounds like a bully picking a fight to me. Or power grab!
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2020, 05:49 AM
    Big Biz LOVES free money!
    of course they do . That is one of the moral hazard in giving it to them .

The virus forced the action Tom,
    That presumes that the only option was to shut down the entire American economy . That was not the only option . It is one we as a nation (or states ) chose . And we did it based on models that were not peer reviewed and had no data to back them up. Well now we are getting some data out of nations like UK and the data shows that much of the reaction was hyped up over reaction .

https://theweek.com/speedreads/90458...virus-immunity

Dr Deborah Birx said ; "I'm sure you have seen the recent report out of the U.K. about them adjusting completely their needs. This is really quite important. If you remember, that was the report that says there would be 500,000 deaths in the U.K. and 2.2 million deaths in the United States. They've adjusted that number in the U.K. to 20,000. Half a million to 20,000. We are looking at that in great detail to understand that adjustment.

I'm going to say something that is a little bit complicated but do it in a way we can understand it together. In the model, either you have to have a large group of people who asymptomatic, who never presented for any test to have the kind of numbers predicted. To get to 60 million people infected, you have to have a large group of asymptomatics. We have not seen an attack rate over 1 in 1,000. So either we are measuring the iceberg and underneath it, are a large group of people. So we are working hard to get the antibody test and figure out who these people are and do they exist. Or we have the transmission completely wrong.
    So these are the things we are looking at, because the predictions of the model don't match the reality on the ground in China, South Korea or Italy. We are five times the size of Italy. If we were Italy and did all those divisions, Italy should have close to 400,000 deaths. They are not close to achieving that.
    Models are models. We are -- there is enough data of the real experience with the coronavirus on the ground to really make these predictions much more sound. So when people start talking about 20% of a population getting infected, it's very scary, but we don't have data that matches that based on our experience.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/.../dr_birx_coronavirus...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a man utter Three Talaq in one sitting - is Talaq granted in Islam ? [ 2 Answers ]

"Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem" I am a privet employee by profession. I am married for 4 and half years and Al-hamdulillah, I have a 2 and half years old little daughter. I am a Sunni Muslim from Bangladesh . Only we three are in the home (me, my wife and our daughter). This happened 10 days...

I was arrested for utter forged/ and 3 deg grand theft what will happen in court [ 21 Answers ]

I was caught up in a check scam and did not know about it, I tried to cash a check at the bank but was stopped and told that the check was stolen. The police were called but I was let go. I was sent a check in the mail by another person and tried to cash it and again was told it was stolen. Mind...

I have been charge for fraud under 5000 and utter a fraud documents, [ 4 Answers ]

I have been charge with fraud under 5000 and utter fraud documents,the police said that I transfer a car into someone name with out there permision.I told them I had the car selling and a family friend wanted it to buy, so we agree on a price they told me to transfer the car in there name and ...

Do we have to say talaq or any other we can utter [ 2 Answers ]

Pleaes tell me if a husband fighting with his wife, during fight he said to her (tere mera silsila hatam) your & my relation finish, so please let me know, is it possible saying these words divorce can occured/take place?? Or we have to say "talaq" word then divorce will take place? Please...

Jedi-ism, Foolishness or curiousness? [ 13 Answers ]

Yes, I know. Jedi's are not real, that we know of, in our univers. And The force was really created by George Lukcus by studying other religions, especailly Budhism, and so one. But what if we ignore the story, drop the illusion and see the relevance?? Ok, so we may not have Light...

View more questions Search