Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2020, 02:18 PM
    no we don't The bill in the Senate passed unanimously . Federalism is dead save for the final statutary details .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2020, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    no we don't The bill in the Senate passed unanimously . Federalism is dead save for the final statutary details .
    Explain please.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2020, 03:03 PM
    We have that but the president is a totally incompetent dufus.
    Hmmm. Considering that we experienced a 1,000% increase in manufacturing job growth compared to our prior pres, what does that make Obama??? I guess he would a 10X Dufus?
    Expert

Mar 26, 2020, 03:32 PM
    Manufacture some PPE for first responders and some hospital beds and we can talk. Amazing how you take ONE stat and run with it like it's the whole story. On the list of pros and cons of the dufus he gets an attaboy for manufacturing jobs, made possible by the Obama delivering a healthy economy.

I think what he will be most judged on though is how he handled a crisis, rather than the crap he talked when things were good and cruising along getting stronger.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2020, 04:28 PM
    I think what he will be most judged on though is how he handled as crisis
    Let us hope so.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2020, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Let us hope so.
    And how is he handling this crisis?
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2020, 05:34 PM
    Very well.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2020, 05:42 PM
    Very well.
    I haven't noticed. Which part is he handling well?
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2020, 05:53 PM
    I'm not surprised you haven't noticed. Here's a good start if you are truly interested. The comparison of us and the European nations is especially noteworthy.

https://townhall.com/columnists/john...virus-n2564867
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2020, 06:00 PM
    I'm not surprised you haven't noticed. Here's a good start if you are truly interested. The comparison of us and the European nations is especially noteworthy.

https://townhall.com/columnists/john...virus-n2564867
    Published on March 12th, regarding travel restrictions.

As for how well he's handling this, he says he wants life to begin a return to normal as of Easter (two weeks from now)??? I see dollar signs flashing in his eyes.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2020, 07:46 PM
    This article proves nothing
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2020, 07:52 PM
    I believe your question was, "Which part is he handling well?" The article plainly showed that the travel restrictions, for which he was criticized, was in fact a great move. It also plainly showed that we are doing better than the European countries and, in fact, a great deal better than many of them. So to say that the "article proves nothing" is really crazy. The TDS is getting wild on this board.

Expert

Mar 27, 2020, 03:49 AM
    Yes he is doing a great job as we wake up to more cases than China(?), and first responders are getting sick, and hospitals are at full capacity, and testing is lagging badly, and we are getting more hotspots emerging. I guess it's easy to give him an attaboy while this virus doesn't affect you in such ways...YET.

We haven't even addressed the issue of caring for people with other issues yet, that will be adversely affected by this virus, not just in vulnerability to it, but in having the manpower available. In protecting first responders and eventually our military both active and volunteers, his grade has yet to be determined but ain't looking good so far. Yeah he gets a high grade from some for his travel ban, but the rest and even more critical categories not so far.

Wonder what parts of the economy he is looking to open up? OOH...OOH, I know making stuff hospitals and cops and firefighters need to do their job safely. Demand is really high for those products.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2020, 04:06 AM
    Trump continues to refuse to employ the Defense Production Act. Meanwhile, states are bidding against states, against FEMA, FEMA against states, all the while prices going up to the highest bidder. This is causing huge delays and whatever Trump or his cohorts say re the critical materials being delivered, he is flat out wrong, not to say criminal in the face of a growing health emergency.

He stated he doesn't want the Feds to do all the work. Unbelievable statement during a national emergency!

His comments disparaging three governors (all Democratic, of course) have to be heard to be believed. It is high time to be rid of this incompetent dangerous tyrant. Article 25 is there for those who are still patriots.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2020, 04:40 AM
    We are not in the same situation as China. The virus started there and was therefore able to be contained to one area. They then very nicely exported it to the rest of the world and thus made certain that containment could not happen. Most of what you have described is the result of being hit with a pandemic that no country, state, or city foresaw happening. Two liberal dem govs have complimented Trump on his handling of the situation. The truth is that if this was your beloved Lord Obama in office, you would be falling all over yourself praising his performance. It's just more TDS.

"France, Netherlands, and Spain, with few if any restrictions on travel, have confirmed infection rates that are respectively 8, 7, and 12 times higher. Switzerland’s rate is 23 times higher.

Of course, some countries are testing more thoroughly than others to see who has the disease. A better measure of the true level of infection might be reported death rates, although this data is still not wholly reliable. All of the above European countries, except for Germany, have higher per capita death rates than does the U.S. France and Spain have rates that are 6 and 9 times higher than the U.S. rate. Switzerland’s is four times higher. "
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2020, 04:56 AM
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Thursday that his stay-at-home order for the entirety of New York State was “probably not the best public health strategy.”
    In a press conference in Albany, Cuomo said the smartest way forward would be a public health strategy that complemented a “get-back-to-work strategy.”
    “What we did was we closed everything down. That was our public health strategy. Just close everything, all businesses, old workers, young people, old people, short people, tall people,” said Cuomo. “Every school closed, everything.”
    “If you rethought that or had time to analyze that public health strategy, I don't know that you would say quarantine everyone,” Cuomo admitted. “I don't even know that that was the best public health policy. Young people then quarantined with older people was probably not the best public health strategy because the younger people could have been exposing the older people to an infection. “

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cuomo-clo...ealth-strategy
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2020, 05:08 AM
    "Man Dying from Wuhan Coronavirus Was Given Hydroxychloroquine and Survived"

Who would ever have guessed that using an actual medicine would be more effective than using a fish tank cleaner???

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/03/24/good-news-man-dying-from-wuhan-coronavirus-infection-was-given-hydroxychloroquinehe-survived-n2565656
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2020, 05:33 AM
    You are right about travel, we have many cases but few deaths and wide spread travel restrictions, you could even say we have closed our borders and shut down our nation. Our experience is two thirds of infections are imported, travel related and chloroquine was discovered to cure COVID 19 here
    Expert

Mar 27, 2020, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You are right about travel, we have many cases but few deaths and wide spread travel restrictions, you could even say we have closed our borders and shut down our nation. Our experience is two thirds of infections are imported, travel related and chloroquine was discovered to cure COVID 19 here
    That makes no sense really if you are closed down as you say and the infection rates still rises despite your claim you have a cure. So when does the cure get used on the population?
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2020, 07:27 AM
    Read today that, "More than 300 people have died and a further 1,000 have fallen ill in Iran after consuming methanol in the belief that it will protect them against the coronavirus, according to local media." This is no doubt the fault of the many doctors who have advised people to drink plenty of liquids, or at least that would be true if we followed the logic of some people on this board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a man utter Three Talaq in one sitting - is Talaq granted in Islam ? [ 2 Answers ]

"Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem" I am a privet employee by profession. I am married for 4 and half years and Al-hamdulillah, I have a 2 and half years old little daughter. I am a Sunni Muslim from Bangladesh . Only we three are in the home (me, my wife and our daughter). This happened 10 days...

I was arrested for utter forged/ and 3 deg grand theft what will happen in court [ 21 Answers ]

I was caught up in a check scam and did not know about it, I tried to cash a check at the bank but was stopped and told that the check was stolen. The police were called but I was let go. I was sent a check in the mail by another person and tried to cash it and again was told it was stolen. Mind...

I have been charge for fraud under 5000 and utter a fraud documents, [ 4 Answers ]

I have been charge with fraud under 5000 and utter fraud documents,the police said that I transfer a car into someone name with out there permision.I told them I had the car selling and a family friend wanted it to buy, so we agree on a price they told me to transfer the car in there name and ...

Do we have to say talaq or any other we can utter [ 2 Answers ]

Pleaes tell me if a husband fighting with his wife, during fight he said to her (tere mera silsila hatam) your & my relation finish, so please let me know, is it possible saying these words divorce can occured/take place?? Or we have to say "talaq" word then divorce will take place? Please...

Jedi-ism, Foolishness or curiousness? [ 13 Answers ]

Yes, I know. Jedi's are not real, that we know of, in our univers. And The force was really created by George Lukcus by studying other religions, especailly Budhism, and so one. But what if we ignore the story, drop the illusion and see the relevance?? Ok, so we may not have Light...

View more questions Search