Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I have no idea what part of speech it is and don't really care.
    And you're an educator? I'll go with 'Clete's wise words and be tolerant.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And you're an educator? I'll go with 'Clete's wise words and be tolerant.
    I must protest vigorously! Such arrogant disregard of the rules of grammar deserve an immediate rap across the knuckles and a spirited pull of the left ear and I must evoke my solemn right to watch and jeer! You dare deprive me of such a spectacle because of deference to an AUSSIE?

SHAMEFUL WG, just shameful! At least pop him upside his head! I mean he did talk back on top of his other offense!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    SHAMEFUL WG, just shameful! At least pop him upside his head! I mean he did talk back on top of his other offense!
    We educators (aka grammarians) no longer physically abuse our students. I'm really surprised that, even without a background in diagramming, JL still doesn't know what "virus" serves as in that sentence. I was so hoping....
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 04:59 PM
    Noun or pronoun.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 05:12 PM
    Noun or pronoun.
    It's a noun. But it's not a subject. (The pronoun would be "it.") What oh what is it?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 05:18 PM
    SHAMEFUL WG, just shameful! At least pop him upside his head!
    Tal, you do realize that WG is the one with the incorrect answers???

We educators (aka grammarians) no longer physically abuse our students. I'm really surprised that, even without a background in diagramming, JL still doesn't know what "virus" serves as in that sentence. I was so hoping....
    I don't feel too badly about that. You call yourself a "grammarian" and yet you got it wrong. Oh well. It must be alright not to know since it's true of both of us.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2020, 05:25 PM
    I must protest vigorously! Such arrogant disregard of the rules of grammar deserve an immediate rap across the knuckles and a spirited pull of the left ear and I must evoke my solemn right to watch and jeer! You dare deprive me of such a spectacle because of deference to an AUSSIE?

are you the grammar police? who appointed you the arbiter of public knowledge, next you will be telling us what to think, wait, you already do that that making you the thought police too, a heavy burden
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 05:27 PM
    Either an object complement, or direct or indirect object...I think. Slapping JL upside his head is not abuse, because by definition it can cause no lasting harm, because his head is hard as a freaking rock. It's not abuse unless you use a bat (recommended) and multiple times (Also recommended).
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2020, 05:29 PM
    yes we know that, don't point out the obvious
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    are you the grammar police? who appointed you the arbiter of public knowledge, next you will be telling us what to think, wait, you already do that that making you the thought police too, a heavy burden
    No burden I do it from a keyboard in pajamas. For free in most cases as a free service to the peeps who need it whether they know it or not. So stop complaining it's friggin' free! You should be applauding my public service.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2020, 05:35 PM
    I don't applaud argy bargy from anyone
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 06:15 PM
    You Aussies have no sense of humor, so maybe the need for toilet paper is only perfunctory, and Argy and Bargy are perfectly fine gentlemen who are a hoot at parties.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2020, 07:17 PM
    You Aussies have no sense of humor, so maybe the need for toilet paper is only perfunctory, and Argy and Bargy are perfectly fine gentlemen who are a hoot at parties.
    the need for toilet paper is because all the media hype and politicians running around like headless chooks has given us a bad case of the trots, argy and bargy are apair of mindless idiots who like to stir up trouble
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2020, 12:42 PM
    Speaking straight from the Pulp & Paper Industry: The Toilet Paper shortage is a case where EXTREME consumer demand is outstripping the capacity of the producers to put this product onto the market. The industry can take measures to keep up but the implementation of these measures are not automatic and will take possible production line downtime to make the turnover. The most immediate and best potential method to meet this challenge is to "convert" some Tissue Machines away from making Paper Towels and into making Toilet Paper: If this can be done quickly enough, the Toilet Paper producers and keep ahead of consumer demand....otherwise, its shaping up to be a very unpleasant next several months in the PERSONAL HYGIENE arena!
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2020, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Speaking straight from the Pulp & Paper Industry: The Toilet Paper shortage is a case where EXTREME consumer demand is outstripping the capacity of the producers to put this product onto the market. The industry can take measures to keep up but the implementation of these measures are not automatic and will take possible production line downtime to make the turnover. The most immediate and best potential method to meet this challenge is to "convert" some Tissue Machines away from making Paper Towels and into making Toilet Paper: If this can be done quickly enough, the Toilet Paper producers and keep ahead of consumer demand....otherwise, its shaping up to be a very unpleasant next several months in the PERSONAL HYGIENE arena!
    Never mind the arab world has the solution
    Expert

Mar 18, 2020, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Stores are catching up somewhat and limiting some items per customer, but no doubt product producers have had time to figure out how to keep up with this demand brought about by current events and get on it. It's been more than a month and those adjustments are still not forthcoming?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2020, 08:05 AM
    Talaniman: The problem is that the Paper Industry, like all industries, is trying to strike the balance between Efficiency, Runnability (a word the P&P Industry uses to describe how well the Paper Machine operates), and Production: This is a dicey balance and pulling any one of these three indices will detract from the other two: It is the balance of PROFITABILITY. Now, normally, the profitability of an operation is congruent to the volume of product produced because the "fixed" costs are distributed over a larger product footprint but this is not always the case and the tipping point is, normally, the runnability of the Paper Machine. The capability of a Towel Machine to produce Tissue is there but the expectation must be acknowledged that the converted Towel Machine WILL NEVER produce Tissue as well as will a Paper Machine DESIGNED to produce TISSUE......NOW, if the GOVERNMENT mandates higher productivity level, EFFICIENCY OF OPERATION BE DAMNED, that is another subject! Its a war footing and mentality we need to take on this!
    Expert

Mar 18, 2020, 12:28 PM
    I'm sure, unless its given away free the markets will reward greater production of toilet paper since the demand is thru the roof. 2ply, or 1ply, doesn't matter, it moves like hotcakes.
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2020, 11:46 PM
    Stores are catching up somewhat and limiting some items per customer, but no doubt product producers have had time to figure out how to keep up with this demand brought about by current events and get on it. It's been more than a month and those adjustments are still not forthcoming?
    Latest effort to keep up supply, abandon noise abatement ordinances so trucks can deliver 24/7 to stay ahead of the idiots who strip the shelves bare. What I want to know is where they get all the money to do it?
    Expert

Mar 19, 2020, 07:46 AM
    The same place rich guys get their money from OPM. In the face of stay home and don't go out anybody would have to stock up on everything they can. Demand has risen faster than supply can keep up due to the spike in demand. Heck you should have seen that coming from overseas reactions to the virus when it was first reported. That may be great now, but food and toilet paper gets used up and then we are faced with restocking those dwindling supplies which may be a self perpetuating crisis in of itself healthy, or not.

Can you blame people for the stock up mentality when nobody knows how long it will last or when you will get another dollar in your needy little hands? I wonder about all those companies who got loaded with loot through the tax code are now looking for MO'MONEY from the dufus and have no clue how to conduct business through these current events. What happens on March 27th when economic figures are released for the US economy, and we find out that everybody is laid off in record numbers?

I guess those rich guys running the economy and government is maybe not a good idea, and for sure the trickle down is OVER for a while any way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a man utter Three Talaq in one sitting - is Talaq granted in Islam ? [ 2 Answers ]

"Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem" I am a privet employee by profession. I am married for 4 and half years and Al-hamdulillah, I have a 2 and half years old little daughter. I am a Sunni Muslim from Bangladesh . Only we three are in the home (me, my wife and our daughter). This happened 10 days...

I was arrested for utter forged/ and 3 deg grand theft what will happen in court [ 21 Answers ]

I was caught up in a check scam and did not know about it, I tried to cash a check at the bank but was stopped and told that the check was stolen. The police were called but I was let go. I was sent a check in the mail by another person and tried to cash it and again was told it was stolen. Mind...

I have been charge for fraud under 5000 and utter a fraud documents, [ 4 Answers ]

I have been charge with fraud under 5000 and utter fraud documents,the police said that I transfer a car into someone name with out there permision.I told them I had the car selling and a family friend wanted it to buy, so we agree on a price they told me to transfer the car in there name and ...

Do we have to say talaq or any other we can utter [ 2 Answers ]

Pleaes tell me if a husband fighting with his wife, during fight he said to her (tere mera silsila hatam) your & my relation finish, so please let me know, is it possible saying these words divorce can occured/take place?? Or we have to say "talaq" word then divorce will take place? Please...

Jedi-ism, Foolishness or curiousness? [ 13 Answers ]

Yes, I know. Jedi's are not real, that we know of, in our univers. And The force was really created by George Lukcus by studying other religions, especailly Budhism, and so one. But what if we ignore the story, drop the illusion and see the relevance?? Ok, so we may not have Light...

View more questions Search