Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2020, 05:24 AM
    They have been used and distribution will be ramped up now the properties are known
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 06:39 AM
    Your Politico article made me laugh. We have had fewer than 4,000 cases (a whopping SIX in Mississippi) but Politico thinks that amounts to the virus being able to "sweep the United States". Compare our number to South Korea and China that you have been bragging about. A far smaller than us South Korea has about 8K cases and Red China has 80K. Even the Netherands, with only 5% of our population, has had a thousand or so cases. So yeah, I kind of think we have done very well. Anyone who needs to be tested can be tested and the testing program is expanding greatly.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+ma...RM=CHRDEF&sp=1
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 06:46 AM
    https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...2c5e51706accb5
    researchers in Queensland have found the cure drugs already known and tested
    Don't jump the gun, Clete. They haven't even conducted trials on the drug yet.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2020, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Your Politico article made me laugh. We have had fewer than 4,000 cases (a whopping SIX in Mississippi) but Politico thinks that amounts to the virus being able to "sweep the United States". Compare our number to South Korea and China that you have been bragging about. A far smaller than us South Korea has about 8K cases and Red China has 80K. Even the Netherands, with only 5% of our population, has had a thousand or so cases. So yeah, I kind of think we have done very well. Anyone who needs to be tested can be tested and the testing program is expanding greatly.

You will be laughing out of the other side of your face in a few days, this thing spreads exponentially, so a few cases this week become many next week, but as I said earlier the cure is known and available

Don't jump the gun, Clete. They haven't even conducted trials on the drug yet.
    The trials will begin by the end of March, patients who have had the drug recovered, the drugs already exist and are readily available, the only thing needing to be confirmed is the application to this disease
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 07:03 AM

Yeah that's what the dufus said, but you don't mind if we wait for actual wholesale testing has been done instead of the small sample we have thus far. One thing we know for fact is the number of infections is ever growing everywhere so resting on just your 6 cases in MS may not be the thing to rest your optimism on because the caveat should be 6 cases so far, since we are in the early stages of detection. Still waiting for that expansion part promised weeks ago, so go ahead and laugh, but experts and the locals are hollering for more help, as the markets dropped 2200 more points before they halted trading and they dropped further still when resuming.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You will be laughing out of the other side of your face in a few days, this thing spreads exponentially, so a few cases this week become many next week, but as I said earlier the cure is known and available

The trials will begin by the end of March, patients who have had the drug recovered, the drugs already exist and are readily available, the only thing needing to be confirmed is the application to this disease
    That could take a few months but still a ray of hope in the darkness.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 07:18 AM
    we wait for actual wholesale testing has been done instead of the small sample we have thus far.
    Wholesale testing has not taken place anywhere.

One thing we know for fact is the number of infections is ever growing everywhere
    It's spreading everywhere? I thought the rest of the world had it all together?

so resting on just your 6 cases in MS may not be the thing to rest your optimism on because the caveat should be 6 cases so far
    I'm sure the number will grow, but it hardly amounts to "sweeping the country". That was clearly a bunch of anti-Trump hyperbole.
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 08:08 AM
    We cannot say it isn't sweeping the country until a lot more testing has been done, so it also follows we cannot say it won't sweep the country either. We can say the numbers grow rapidly enough to warrant much caution, and precautions as seen in places with rapidly growing numbers and denser populations, but rural locations may have a bigger challenge to needed resources soon.

I highly recommend you not listen to the dufus on this and rely on health experts and local officials.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 08:17 AM
    I highly recommend you not listen to the dufus on this
    How surprising.
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 08:30 AM
    You only commented on the last sentence, but what about the rest of the post?
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 08:45 AM
    The rest of the post was kind of a non-statement. "We cannot say it isn't sweeping the country until a lot more testing has been done, so it also follows we cannot say it won't sweep the country either," just is a long way of saying that we really don't know what is going to happen. I think our level of response has been appropriate, and perhaps even over the top. Only time will tell. Large scale testing will prove helpful. I think we both agree on that, but South Korea has done more testing than us, and yet their numbers of infections are double ours.
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 09:15 AM
    More test, more cases seems to be the prevailing situation for now, and I think that will certainly hold true as things ramp up here.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 09:39 AM
    I think you are one of the most committed libs I know. And to be a committed grammarian, why did you misspell "commmitted"?
    I misspelled because I was testing your mood.
    I'll let the "commmitted" grammarian do that. I'm pretty sure that the word "virus" was not the subject of the sentence as you said it was.
    I didn't say it was. "Trump" is the subject, and "kits" is the direct object. "Virus" is the object of the prepositional phrase. The phrasing makes it sound like the "virus" has been "already manufactured and stored."

"Absolutely unforgivable that Trump didn't have 300 million test kits for testing this heretofore unknown virus already manufactured and stored away in secure warehouses in anticipation of this wholly unexpected day."
    BTW, even though I'm convinced you were wrong in this instance, I most happily will agree that your knowledge of grammar is better than mine. When you asked if I had learned how to diagram a sentence in grade school, it made me laugh. I didn't learn much in school. When I went to college, that all changed, but I didn't get really clear on direct objects until I took Greek in Bible college at the age of 27. Had to learn it then.
    When I was in a public grade school in NC, I learned to diagram. My family moved to NY State when I was in 5th grade, and I continued to learn more complex diagramming in a Lutheran day school. I figured JL (since he is in my generation) was also taught diagramming.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 09:50 AM
    I'm wondering if, in three weeks' time or whenever the bars and restaurants reopen, the crowds return to the malls and shops, and all the schools resume classes, will a dormant coronavirus rear its ugly head again?
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 10:06 AM
    I misspelled because I was testing your mood.
    Yeah. Right.

I didn't say it was.
    Oh??? Here is your quote. "I was pointing out that the noun/subject "virus" and the predicate that follows don't belong together." So you rather plainly said that "virus" was the subject and had a predicate following it.

I thought it was supposed to just be men who didn't like admitting when they were wrong.

I figured JL (since he is in my generation) was also taught diagramming.
    What I was taught and what I learned were, I'm sorry to say, two completely different things. I can actually remember seeing a sentence being diagrammed on the chalkboard, and I can also remember rather quickly finding other things to think about.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 10:20 AM
    Oh??? Here is your quote. "I was pointing out that the noun/subject "virus" and the predicate that follows don't belong together." So you rather plainly said that "virus" was the subject and had a predicate following it.
    Here is what you posted:
    "Absolutely unforgivable that Trump didn't have 300 million test kits for testing this heretofore unknown virus already manufactured and stored away in secure warehouses in anticipation of this wholly unexpected day."

The virus is already manufactured and stored away?

Here is how it should read to be grammatically correct:
    "Absolutely unforgivable that Trump didn't have 300 million test kits already manufactured and stored away in secure warehouses for testing this heretofore unknown virus in anticipation of this wholly unexpected day."

The test kits are already manufactured and stored away.
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 11:10 AM
    How surprising.
    https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/03...e-coronavirus/
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 01:24 PM
    WG, you just start by saying, "I was wrong." Then you can continue with, "The sentence could have been worded more carefully, but when I said that the word "virus" was a subject, that was incorrect, and when I later claimed not to have said that, it was just a slip of the ole memory. Not only that, but I accidentally misspelled the word 'committed'."

See how easy that is? You would certainly earn everyone's respect.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 02:32 PM
    WG, you just start by saying, "I was wrong." Then you can continue with, "The sentence could have been worded more carefully, but when I said that the word "virus" was a subject, that was incorrect, and when I later claimed not to have said that, it was just a slip of the ole memory. Not only that, but I accidentally misspelled the word 'committed'."

See how easy that is? You would certainly earn everyone's respect.
    I love how you wiggle!

What is "virus" then? You can't just yell at me; be a good educator and please tell me the correct answer.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 03:15 PM
    That's not the point and you know it. You said it was the subject. It is not the subject. You said you didn't say that. You did say that. End of story.

I have no idea what part of speech it is and don't really care. That's why I didn't bring it up and don't refer to myself as the "commmitted grammarian". That's all on you.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2020, 04:05 PM
    what does it matter, have a little tolerance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a man utter Three Talaq in one sitting - is Talaq granted in Islam ? [ 2 Answers ]

"Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem" I am a privet employee by profession. I am married for 4 and half years and Al-hamdulillah, I have a 2 and half years old little daughter. I am a Sunni Muslim from Bangladesh . Only we three are in the home (me, my wife and our daughter). This happened 10 days...

I was arrested for utter forged/ and 3 deg grand theft what will happen in court [ 21 Answers ]

I was caught up in a check scam and did not know about it, I tried to cash a check at the bank but was stopped and told that the check was stolen. The police were called but I was let go. I was sent a check in the mail by another person and tried to cash it and again was told it was stolen. Mind...

I have been charge for fraud under 5000 and utter a fraud documents, [ 4 Answers ]

I have been charge with fraud under 5000 and utter fraud documents,the police said that I transfer a car into someone name with out there permision.I told them I had the car selling and a family friend wanted it to buy, so we agree on a price they told me to transfer the car in there name and ...

Do we have to say talaq or any other we can utter [ 2 Answers ]

Pleaes tell me if a husband fighting with his wife, during fight he said to her (tere mera silsila hatam) your & my relation finish, so please let me know, is it possible saying these words divorce can occured/take place?? Or we have to say "talaq" word then divorce will take place? Please...

Jedi-ism, Foolishness or curiousness? [ 13 Answers ]

Yes, I know. Jedi's are not real, that we know of, in our univers. And The force was really created by George Lukcus by studying other religions, especailly Budhism, and so one. But what if we ignore the story, drop the illusion and see the relevance?? Ok, so we may not have Light...

View more questions Search