Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2020, 12:17 PM
    Court Rules Trump Can Withhold Funds From NYC & 7 States In Sanctuary Cities Fight!
    The 2nd Court Of Appeals REVERSED a lower courts decision on the withholding of Federal funding to New York City and seven states in another victory for President Trump. This is a fight over immigration enforcement and the capacity for some of these large "progressive" municipalities to become "CITY STATES" and wield the power to make laws counter to Federal Laws or IGNORE Federal Laws altogether. Whether or not you agree with Trump, it stands to reason that none of these cities should operate OUTSIDE of Federal JURISPRUDENCE: When you allow this to happen, you end up with the creation of little "CZARS" like NYC Mayor Di Blasio and former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel who think they are above the law. This is a BOMBSHELL RULING FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP. further solidify his rule and the rule of the people over those forces that have conspired against him for so long.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2020, 12:58 PM
    But when the federal laws are stupid and senseless....

Feb 26, 2020, 02:19 PM
    W.G.: I don't even feel its about the immigration matter portion of it as much as it is about the fact that these large cities have the temerity to flagrantly go against Federal Laws: At some point these SELFAPPOINTED KINGS (mayors) think they are bigger than the Federal Government and think that nobody can tell them what to do....you know that has to stop. Di Blasio, for instance, has shown himself to be a raving lunatic that the Police Union cannot stand because he has purposely and without fail promoted the interests of criminals and their rights over the safety of the city's LEOs and still thinks he knows best: Thank goodness he tried to run for President so everyone could see what a fraud he is really.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2020, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    W.G.: I don't even feel its about the immigration matter portion of it as much as it is about the fact that these large cities have the temerity to flagrantly go against Federal Laws
    Sorta like the current president sticking his nose in the business of the Supreme Court and telling two of the justices to sit out cases involving him or his administration?

At some point these SELFAPPOINTED KINGS (mayors) think they are bigger than the Federal Government and think that nobody can tell them what to do....you know that has to stop.
    At some point he thinks he is bigger than the other two branches of the federal government and thinks that nobody can tell him what to do....you know that has to stop.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2020, 06:46 PM
    A President is elected to rule, to enforce the laws, that appears to be forgotten

Feb 26, 2020, 06:55 PM
    W.G.: But Di Blasio has NO BUSINESS telling anyone what to do: His policies got LEOs killed and he is an astounding air-head, as seen on the debate stage.

Look, I know you don't like our President, and I don't like some of the stuff he does, either, but what we are talking about here transcends that debate: This is about the nature of Federal Laws and the will power of the Federal Government to enforce those laws and not permit rogue cities within the borders of the U.S. to nearly declare themselves "independent" nations while still nursing the tits of the Federal Government. This large cities still suckle the Federal Government and ask for handouts but they are willing to follow the laws laid out by the Federal Government: This behavior cannot be tolerated. Trump, in this case, but I could care less WHO the President is, is telling them that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, that they have to get back into line if they expect to get fed. I think its the right thing to do to crush this "REBELLION" before radical ideologue mayors try something like "breaking away" from the U.S.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2020, 07:01 PM
    Not rule, co govern is a more apt description Clete as ascribed in the Constitution. This dufus is a bully that surrounds himself with sycophants and loyalists and is as lawless as it comes so he destroys the processes and norms of good behavior which why should we listen and succumb to such an arse, who corrupts and subverts the very rule of law he is charged to uphold and defend with his authoritarian actions. I have listened to the 2nd amendment crowd holler about defending the country against tyranny and I will be dog gone if the fools didn't up and elect a would be tyrant!

W.G.: But Di Blasio has NO BUSINESS telling anyone what to do: His policies got LEOs killed and he is an astounding air-head, as seen on the debate stage.

Look, I know you don't like our President, and I don't like some of the stuff he does, either, but what we are talking about here transcends that debate: This is about the nature of Federal Laws and the will power of the Federal Government to enforce those laws and not permit rogue cities within the borders of the U.S. to nearly declare themselves "independent" nations while still nursing the tits of the Federal Government. This large cities still suckle the Federal Government and ask for handouts but they are willing to follow the laws laid out by the Federal Government: This behavior cannot be tolerated. Trump, in this case, but I could care less WHO the President is, is telling them that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, that they have to get back into line if they expect to get fed. I think its the right thing to do to crush this "REBELLION" before radical ideologue mayors try something like "breaking away" from the U.S.
    If you can tolerate a bully tyrant, then maybe you should tolerate opposition to him, and his tyrant regime. Like liberals are going to abide by that crap! You conservatives got life and BS all screwed up!
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2020, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

If you can tolerate a bully tyrant, then maybe you should tolerate opposition to him, and his tyrant regime. Like liberals are going to abide by that crap! You conservatives got life and BS all screwed up!
    Opposition is one thing, rebellion another, but as the nation was founded in rebellion this is nothing new. When the government enforces the law, opposition becomes rebellion in the name of tyranny

Feb 27, 2020, 04:01 AM
    Trump is simply enforcing Federal Law: Federal Law is entirely unbiased as to parties and it is secular. SURELY, YOU CAN UPHOLD FEDERAL LAW? If not, why not? Its not Trump's law: Executive Branch does not make laws! Courts are only there to INTERPRET laws.

You want the U.S. to become a nation of "KINGDOMS", ruled by WARLORDS, like Di Blasio? That's where this is headed: We would end up like old Italy once was with a bunch of "City States". Trump, in this case, is simply bringing back some sanity to the situation as he will force these little despots (mayors) to heed the will of the land: These cities, no matter how large they are or how many people tell them that their sh&t don't stink, MUST ABIDE BY THE LAWS OF THE LAND!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2020, 04:41 AM
    Vac, it's what we've been seeing all along here. Some don't like Trump and it clouds their views of his actions. It would seem to be the most obvious thing in the world that if you want to take fed money, then you ought to obey fed law. I think the fed is way too large and powerful and is assuming powers that are reserved for the states, but it is what it is, and so until we can get that changed, everyone needs to follow the law.
    Expert

Feb 27, 2020, 05:03 AM
    How about we follow the law the same way the dufus does? FAIR?

Feb 27, 2020, 08:42 AM
    Talaniman: These little mayors "think" that THEY are the President! They need to be brought back down to earth and follow the Federal Laws that, by definition, force them to stop BREAKING FEDERAL LAWS and abide by Federal mandates. As much as California and their larger cities think that they are an independent nation, fact is that California and New York are still part of the United States Of America and they must act accordingly OR President Trump is well within his rights to stop the Federal handouts! You know where I stand with immigrants who come here because they are fleeing hardships and seek employment but there are legal routes to doing this the right way: These SANCTUARY CITIES are a bunch of crap and they need a strong dose of reality!
    Expert

Feb 27, 2020, 11:25 AM
    It's a good fight brewing, but for now this fight moves to the back burner, and those warring factions face the test of can they get together and handle this coronavirus deal, and the economic fall out of it. Everything else seems kind of small compared to a real crisis. That seems to have taken control of everybodies attention rather suddenly.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2020, 03:16 PM
    The sanctuary cities will become epicentres when the coronavirus hits and the "immigrants" have another reason to flee their countries. Borders are closing and it will take a mammoth effort to contain population movement
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2020, 03:56 PM
    keep in mind this is the 2nd circus court . If they are ruling in favor of the President exercising his constitional authority then you know they could not find a pretext to deny it .

Feb 27, 2020, 03:59 PM
    Paraclete: I believe you may be correct.

Talaniman: The Trump tariffs on China were very, very opportune: These tariffs began forcing American Manufacturers to begin looking and developing OTHER SOURCES for manufactures and materials and parts outside of RED CHINA...this will become a more profound movement in the future for us and others around the world...the U.S. Manufactures may even begin to pull more manufacturing base back to the U.S. itself....the net effect of this will be the weakening of the ChiCom economy and the strengthening of ours, long term: A GREAT THING!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2020, 04:53 PM
    keep in mind this is the 2nd circus court . If they are ruling in favor of the President exercising his constitional authority then you know they could not find a pretext to deny it .
    Very good post.

Vac, that's a good point as well. We had to do something. China has enough advantages without allowing their govt subsidies to give them even more.

Feb 27, 2020, 05:33 PM
    jlisenbe: I know this is akin t blasphemy for the left but: I would not be surprised is the ChiComs put this virus out there to try and derail the economy so keep Trump from being elected.....REMEMBER THIS ABOUT THE CHICOMS: They are atheistic communist who HAVE NO MORAL COMPASS WHATSOEVER!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2020, 05:52 PM
    jlisenbe: I know this is akin t blasphemy for the left but: I would not be surprised is the ChiComs put this virus out there to try and derail the economy so keep Trump from being elected.....REMEMBER THIS ABOUT THE CHICOMS: They are atheistic communist who HAVE NO MORAL COMPASS WHATSOEVER!
    Ah, another InfoWars reader!!!

You didn't hear about the bat?

Feb 27, 2020, 06:46 PM
    W.G.: I don't read InfoWars…..not Right Wing....I heard about cobras and bats.....But let's face it: ChiComs are Godless communists and that is a fact....they have no moral compass, which is another fact: With ChiComs, you can't make a smiley face with ChiComs, just the same analogy as the fact that you cannot make a silk purse out of a hog's ear....Trying to NORMALIZE RED CHINA is like putting lipstick on a pig: You can do it but its still a pig!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida's rules for returning funds for holding rental properties [ 2 Answers ]

I was given money on the 3rd of August 2018 to hold my rental property for the purposes of (1) obtaining a cosigner (her uncle) and (2) after obtaining the cosigner to build a fence around the property prior to moving in on 25th of August 2018. This fell through because of the uncle wanting to see...

How To Steal A Supreme Court Seat By Trump [ 8 Answers ]

For almost an entire year, the right-wing Republicans refused to even consider President Obama's nomination to replace Scalia on the Supreme Court. An entire year !!! That is how Trump and his criminal cronies have stolen a seat on the Supreme Court. Should the Democrats now do likewise and...

Ex seems unstable. No court order, should I withhold the kids? [ 1 Answers ]

So I am going through a nasty, nasty divorce, which hasn't even been filed yet, because originally we were trying to be amicable with each other, but obviously that didn't work out. He has continually threatened me to "take full custody of the children", yet while we have been separated, there have...

IRS rules on transfer of funds to Mother from NRE account in India [ 1 Answers ]

I am a US citizen and have around 40 lakh rupees in my NRO account in India which I transferred from US to India over the past 1 year. I would like to transfer this amount to my mothers account who lives in in India and is a Indian citizen, so that she can put it in an FD for a year and get a...

United States Cities with the most sunshine and warmth during the late fall and winte [ 11 Answers ]

I have read through the questions and answers currently posted on the Ask Me Help Desk and the link suggested in one of the answers. I would like an accurate, statistical, answer to my question. The area is to be free from hurricanes and other destructive weather.

View more questions Search