Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 22, 2020, 11:05 AM
    You think the dems are filthy in Illionois? Check ot the repbus going back many years. Funny how a lawful conviction by 12 people all of a sudden means NOTHING! When did that happen?

jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2020, 11:09 AM
    Funny how a lawful conviction by 12 people all of a sudden means NOTHING! When did that happen?
    When did that happen? Maybe the seventy people that Obama pardoned?

https://www.thoughtco.com/people-par...-obama-3367599
    Expert

Feb 22, 2020, 11:30 AM
    OMG that means the dufus has thousands of pardons to go including all his friends. The world sucks sometimes.

Pardons okay they all d it, but don't remember this much turnover in any other administration. I guess he is draining the swamp with his lying, cheating, stealing, a$$!
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2020, 11:34 AM
    Pardons okay they all d it, but don't remember this much turnover in any other administration. I guess he is draining the swamp with his lying, cheating, stealing, a$$!
    So you strike out on the issue of pardons, so let's change the subject? Clever!
    Expert

Feb 22, 2020, 11:50 AM
    I don't mind being wrong if I am, not a big deal. We live and learn. I don't dwell on it either, since being stuck keeps you from striving to learn more, plus I thought pardons and staffing were related to the same person, so relevant.
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2020, 11:57 AM
    Your staffing question is a legit point. It concerns me that so many people have come and gone with Trump.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2020, 12:09 PM
    so let me get this straight . The intel agencies told Bolshevick Bernie that the Russians were trying to help his campaign . But they didn't tell candidate Trump in 2016 . Hmmm They also told FrankenFeinstein that there was a Chinese spy working on her staff . Hmmm .

The Ruskies have a single mazut fueled turbine engine aircraft carrier as the only carrier in their fleet …..The Admiral Kuznetsov . It bellows black smoked making it visible from miles away . It has a ski slope deck design because they don't use catapults to propel their jets off the deck. It is in a constant state of non-repair .During one docking period a crane crashed through the deck . They fixed that ,but in December they had a fire on the boat .That was not the first time it had a fire .
    But as the Kuznetsov rounded Europe and headed towards the Syrian coast, the U.S. Navy’s Sixth Fleet kept close by in case the carrier … sank.
    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...ld-sink-124646

But these same Russians have the resources to corrupt the whole American electoral system ?????????????

Wait now that I think about it there were Ruskies cruising my neighborhood with bottles of vodka extended . Is that how they were able to convince all those heartland simple rubes to vote for Trump ?
    Expert

Feb 22, 2020, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Your staffing question is a legit point. It concerns me that so many people have come and gone with Trump.
    More concerning is who he replaces them with. For example his DOJ replacement Whittaker, and his latest Richard Grenell an ambassador/donor with no intel experience to run an intel agency.

When he forces out the head of an agency and the #2 is passed over or resigns and replaced by loyalists/donors, that can be good for the agency or a functioning government.
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2020, 12:27 PM
    Whatever he's doing, it is working for the economy. Black unemployment at lowest level ever. Lowest female unemployment in nearly 20 years. Lowest Latino unemployment ever. Maybe every pres should use his methods???
    Expert

Feb 22, 2020, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    so let me get this straight . The intel agencies told Bolshevick Bernie that the Russians were trying to help his campaign . But they didn't tell candidate Trump in 2016 . Hmmm They also told FrankenFeinstein that there was a Chinese spy working on her staff . Hmmm .

The Ruskies have a single mazut fueled turbine engine aircraft carrier as the only carrier in their fleet …..The Admiral Kuznetsov . It bellows black smoked making it visible from miles away . It has a ski slope deck design because they don't use catapults to propel their jets off the deck. It is in a constant state of non-repair .During one docking period a crane crashed through the deck . They fixed that ,but in December they had a fire on the boat .That was not the first time it had a fire .

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...ld-sink-124646

But these same Russians have the resources to corrupt the whole American electoral system ?????????????

Wait now that I think about it there were Ruskies cruising my neighborhood with bottles of vodka extended . Is that how they were able to convince all those heartland simple rubes to vote for Trump ?
    Are we worried about the Russian military which only looks good against even weaker opposition, but their cyber campaign is REAL as are the cyber capabilities of other nations. Of course you warn others as targets but why give the dufus a heads up when he was under investigations because of the people around him. He did get warned about Flynn, several times, and ignored the warning.

Everybody who warns, disagrees with the dufus or does their job lawfully gets fired, or haven't you noticed that?
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2020, 12:35 PM
    The staffing doesn't concern me . He came in as a novice without a team of sr staff for the positions that require them. So initially he had to count on people Reince Priebus and the swamp critters suggested . It is also true that most of the people who have filled his staff have been swamp critters . He has no choice to remove them once he finds out they oppose his agenda . This is especially true with the intel agencies and State .

Good thing there are people who track these things . In Trump’s first year, the turnover rate for senior-level staff was twice as high as in Reagan’s first year and almost five times as high as George W. Bush’s first year. President Trump’s second year rate was high but was less of an anomaly overall. During former President Reagan’s second year, 40 percent of the 60 senior White House positions changed hands, while the Trump administration posted a turn rate of 32 percent in his second year. President Trump’s third year is trending closer to the recent presidents’ turnover in their third year.
    https://www.statista.com/chart/15071...er-presidents/

Uber Member

Feb 22, 2020, 01:39 PM
    Good post, Tom.
    Expert

Feb 22, 2020, 02:34 PM
    So who is giving him advice and recommendations now, deep state conspiracy theories aside? I cited two people he stuck in important positions but have no clue where he got them and one can ask are they quailified? Loyalty and inexperience means do as I say do, lawful or not. Something to consider just from past actions and words.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2020, 03:16 PM
    We are underestimating Russia's military capabilities: Russia would defeat China right now and SOUNDLY. Russia's investment in hypersonic missile technology is way, way ahead of ours and hypersonic missiles have really made aircraft carriers floating targets (i.e. targets that cannot be protected by any means). Russia has also invested heavily in PORTALBEL ICBM technology WITH REUSABLE TUBES, which allows them to cart their ICBMS all over the vastness off Russia and makes them hard to target and knockout...by contrast, our ICBMs are FIXED and easily targeted and OLD! In terms of new fighter aircraft, Russia's technology is tit for tat with ours and their ground force and hard target antiaircraft defense technology, with the SS-400 systems, is probably ahead of ours. If you look at attack helicopters, Russia also leads the way.

VERY DANGEROUS to underestimate your enemies.
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2020, 03:27 PM
    Russia would defeat China right now and SOUNDLY.
    What? What do you base that on? Conventional or nukes?
    Expert

Feb 22, 2020, 03:34 PM
    Russia and China may never get into a shooting war since mutual annihilations is GUARANTEED!
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2020, 03:43 PM
    Russia and China may never get into a shooting war since mutual annihilations is GUARANTEED!
    Pretty good observation.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2020, 04:22 PM
    Russia is vast a ground war would advantage noone china has learned to expand using economic leverage in this america is far behind
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2020, 04:36 PM
    I cited two people he stuck in important positions but have no clue where he got them and one can ask are they quailified? Loyalty and inexperience means do as I say do, lawful or not. Something to consider just from past actions and words.
    that would be like JFK appointing Bobby Kennedy as AG ?Whitaker has tons more experience than bobby Kennedy had except being council for Joe McCarthy's committee.

The key for Grenell will be to demonstrate the same independent streak to the job that he had as Amb Germany so he can avoid being captured by the permanent bureaucracy that seems to rule all of the intelligence agencies no matter who is appointed.
    Trump announced a list of possible nominations yesterday for DNI . So he will only serve a few months. He did make an important change already in hiring former Devin Nunes aid
    Kashyap Patel …..who knows where all the bodies are buried in the Russian hoax

I can't figure out if the Dems are more concerned that Trump is hiring people who will finally take action against the leaders of the coup ;or upset because Grenell is homosexual ..
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2020, 04:40 PM
    Tom, you're seeing the ball well today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking News - Trump and Russia [ 116 Answers ]

Tonight the NYTimes reports that the FBI opened an inquiry shortly after Comey was fired into whether Trump was working secretly with Russia. This is a FIRST for the American presidency! Counter-intellligence investigating a sitting president. ...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Trump started an arms race with Russia yesterday.. [ 31 Answers ]

Hello: He said the US needs to expand its nuclear capability... You KNOW this BUFFOON is gonna DESTROY the world, doncha?? excon

View more questions Search