Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    54555455 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2020, 01:19 PM
    Bryant Warren Hi Everyone!
    It is great to know about this web site. I used Protonic.com in the past but they're presence on the web is iffy now.

This is my question and I will be brief. I purchased an ASUS Z390-A motherboard which has 4 DIMM slots, each with the capacity of 16GB. I purchased 4 16GB DIMMS. The slots on the board are color-coded, 2 of them grey, 2 of them black. When I first populated all 4 slots, I noticed my machine would not boot up, yet the BIOS showed they were installed. Curious, I went to YouTube and someone on there said that "ASUS motherboard like you to install two at a time in the beginning starting with the grey slots." So I did that and it worked. But how do I get the other 2 populated and working? I even called ASUS who had to escalate the call to a senior tech whom they said would call me in a couple of days.

Anyone ever ran into this and what is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Bryant
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 08:52 AM
    Did you swap the memory in the 2 known working memory slots? Did all the memory function ? If so then have you tried looking at "bios" and seeing if it reads it as memory even before it boots. let us know if your still having a problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Warren Buffet is unpatriotic [ 47 Answers ]

....at least according to the emperor's criteria . When he isn't wearing out the battery in his golf cart ;the emperor has been laying the groundwork for the Dems class warfare fall campaign. Among his many bleats is this line that corporate tax inversion is "unpatriotic" ...total gibberish of...

George warren hickey jr [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone believe the book mortal error could be true? I believe that this book is a disgrace. The evidence is not stable and the judge ruled in favor of the hickeys. This is a ridiculous george warren hickey jr was my grandfather. He is the most noble man in the entire world.

Warren National University [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone used this online school and been directed from them to get a loan from Wells Fargo? I only had about sseven classes to complete and I would have had a BA in Business Marketing. I am still paying on my loan to wells fargo. Does anyone know how to get a refund or at least a partial?

Warren national university [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if this school is a good school? I would like to know the background of it.

View more questions Search