Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Feb 15, 2020, 03:22 PM
    Patio Door Icing Up
    Had an Exterior Patio Door installed 5 yrs ago.. We access the Backyard off the Back Deck.. Problems begin once the Temps dip below (-10'C) The track will Ice Up and becomes difficult to close tight.. Ideas what could be leading to the problem ?? The nearest Heat Vent is to the left of the patio door..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 16, 2020, 04:01 AM
    Most any deicer spray should help a lot and we use a silicone spray for the slides. It's not like we use the patio door a lot when its that cold, matter of fact we keep the blinds closed as a layer of insulation. I would imagine though your cold temps last a lot longer than ours do, and you have much more moisture in the outside air.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sliding patio door [ 5 Answers ]

The bottom rail of my patio slider (20 years old) is being eaten away by something in the cement base. Holes appear along the track and don't know what is causing this to happen. The house has a cement floor.

Patio Door Leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a strange leaking problem with my french style patio door. Whenever there is a strong wind and rain the door leaks. It runs down the inside of the header to the drop ceiling in the basement. Not a bunch of water, but enough to get the my insulation and ceiling tile wet. I have checked every...

Sliding patio door repair [ 12 Answers ]

How do I repair a sliding glass patio door? It is very hard to open and close. I tried to replace the rollers, but I couldn't get the door out of the frame.

Leak under Patio Door [ 4 Answers ]

We recently installed French Patio Doors and when it rains it leaks under the corners of each side of the door. The water comes in and tends to run from the corners of the door down the side of the wall. At this time, it has not been leaking heavily but there is tile on the floor inside the house...

Patio Door Replacements by GAPCO [ 6 Answers ]

Have sliding patio door gone bad and would like to replace it with like door but cannot find any info on GAPCO doors. I did find the company on the web but the phone number did not work. Does anyone know anything about them or if they are still in business? Also is there any other doors that would...

View more questions Search