Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2020, 08:04 PM
    Who will the dem nominee be?
    What does everyone think?

To me, Warren is basically gone and Biden looks to be on the way out. PB is just a sideshow. Sanders is strong but I don't think he has a ghost of a chance to beat Trump and I imagine people know that. Klobuchar? Maybe. My money is on Bloomberg, but I doubt that he can win either.

Part of me hopes a dem manages to win. The wheels are going to fall off this cart at some point and if we have a dem pres, then he/she will have to eat the consequences. From that point of view, either Sanders or Warren would certainly hasten the event.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2020, 08:28 PM
    Bernie for sure, but it doesn't matter, this one will go to the stronger candidate Trump, he has the runs on the board economically and he would have to shoot himself in the foot to lose
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2020, 09:31 AM
    There is no way the undemocratic Democratic Party will select Bolshevik Bernie as their standard bearer . If Sanders doesnt have enough delegates to win on the first ballot then the rules states that the so called "Super Delegates "(the Dem politboro)have a vote in the remaining ballots .There is no way the elders are going to allow Sanders to represent their party . With a mainstream candidate (if they can find one ) they have a chance of retaining the House and maybe picking off enough Senate Seats to get a majority in Congress. But with Bernie I see them having an electoral defeat the likes they haven't seen since 1972 . If they don't get the Senate then it is likely that Trump picks a couple more SCOTUS justices . The stakes are too high for them to rely on idiots like Sanders ,or radicals like Warren .

They already knee capped their best chance ;quid pro Joe . Nanny Bloomy is interesting . While the Dems decry and condemn big money in politics and the influence of billionaires ;Bloomy is proving that the nomination is for sale. NO ? Then how is it that days after the audio comes out with Bloomy bragging about 'stop and frisk 'and old interviews with him praising red lining ,that he got the support of 3 members of the Black Caucus ? I'm telling you right now that Bloomy carries way too much baggage that has not been delved into by the compliant press yet . If he starts to show traction it will be revealed .

The Mayor of South Bend who never ceases to mention that he drove the car pool in Afghanistan for a couple months is probably their best hope of the current crop of candidates . The man who was described as something resembling 'a corporate hologram designed by the HR Department at Google for instructional purposes' ,can be and will be anything the party elders wish him to be . He checks the boxes ;he's JFK like young . He got himself a commission without even having to go to a military academy ;ROTC ,or even boot camp. He's gay and shows it proudly .Hes Bubba and the emperor Harvard graduate, Rhodes scholar, musician and he's JFKerry ,Afghanistan War veteran, fluent in 7 languages. He's more than a bit of a chameleon .I've seen the Dem debates and he has a knack of never directly answering an question . He has gotten away without revealing his true positions that he got from the father he worships . His father Joseph was a Marxist professor at Notre Dame ;who admired Italian communist Antonio Gramsci . Gramsci's believed that for communism to succeed, culture first had to be corrupted and to do that institutions of a country had to be subverted from the inside out. It was he that convinced commies around the country to infiltrate education ,the government while doing a decent job hiding their beliefs and intentions .
    And that brings us back to Mayor Pete . He is good at the art of evasion .That may be his biggest strength . He and Bernie are neck and neck in delegate count and popular vote so far . He may be just what the party elders ordered
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 14, 2020, 10:04 AM
    To early to call, let the games continue! LOL, love it though how two small states have such influence. I think we are still in the feeling out process and find it interesting the big money guys spent bookoo bucks to skip the small states and get commercials in down the line bigger ones. Bloomy's apology may well work with minorities but it won't shield him from other nominee attacks in a debate setting and no doubt the chomp at the bit. I'm not counting any of the remaining folks out though, because you never know as more people get to cast their votes.
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2020, 10:57 AM
    love it though how two small states have such influence.
    Dems always say that when they are unsatisfied with the results . They did not complain when Iowa was the springboard for the emperor's campaign.

I've seen Nanny Bloomy in action his only game is $$ . He is a terrible debater and won't do it unless he has to .
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2020, 11:09 AM
    jlisenbe: If you protract any economy out long enough into the future, then the wheel will fall off of it....but that is by no means a certainty....If you listen to the naysayers and Demos and all the talking head economists, then all of them have said it was impossible for Trump to have done what he has done, so far: Remember Obama saying that we could never have the kind of growth rate Trump has given us? Hoping a Demo get the POTUS right now is suicide for the country: The momentum will be stymied and all of the progress henceforth, will be wrecked.

tomder55: The U.S. is not ready to place a flaming homosexual into the highest Office in the land. Our Commander In Chief would be a homosexual? Not happening. There is less chance of Booty Boy getting to be POTUS than it is a woman, which isn't happening any time soon, either.
    Expert

Feb 14, 2020, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Dems always say that when they are unsatisfied with the results . They did not complain when Iowa was the springboard for the emperor's campaign.

I've seen Nanny Bloomy in action his only game is $$ . He is a terrible debater and won't do it unless he has to .
    Human nature to cheer for the home team as NY'ers well know. Bloomy's interviews are dubious too. He has money and knows what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    jlisenbe: If you protract any economy out long enough into the future, then the wheel will fall off of it....but that is by no means a certainty....If you listen to the naysayers and Demos and all the talking head economists, then all of them have said it was impossible for Trump to have done what he has done, so far: Remember Obama saying that we could never have the kind of growth rate Trump has given us? Hoping a Demo get the POTUS right now is suicide for the country: The momentum will be stymied and all of the progress henceforth, will be wrecked.
    He promised 5 or 6, you tell me what it is.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2020, 01:55 PM
    Vac, you're right about the economy. My concern is based on our continuing addiction to deficit spending and fed borrowing. One of these days that's all going to stop, and then we'll have to do what we should have done all along and pay our own way, but we'll also be saddled with servicing the debt. Want to see what that's like? Call Greece.

You're also right that a dem pres would be a disaster. I agree completely, especially looking at the group of losers they have to choose from. No one has mention Tulsi. She does at least have a backbone and seems to exhibit some common sense.
    Expert

Feb 14, 2020, 05:45 PM
    I'd be happy with keeping the House, winning the Senate, and impeaching the dufus again. 8)
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2020, 06:26 PM
    tomder55: The U.S. is not ready to place a flaming homosexual into the highest Office in the land. Our Commander In Chief would be a homosexual? Not happening. There is less chance of Booty Boy getting to be POTUS than it is a woman, which isn't happening any time soon, either.
    I never said he had a chance to win. What are the Dems options ? Warren just cancelled $1.2 million in Nevada a SC . a prelude for her "suspension" of her campaign .( gotta preserve what remains from those small donations she's collected after she initially funded the campaign with big donor bucks ). You have to remember the name of the game . They want to retain the House and pick off the Senate . Then they can play the impeachment game again in Trump's 2nd term .They also want to ensure that Trump gets no more SCOTUS ;or other judicial nominees confirmed . Having majorities in both Houses they believe Trump can be contained .
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2020, 06:47 PM
    Winning the Senate will do them no good. It takes 67 votes to convict, not 51.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 14, 2020, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    They plan to keep the House, too.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2020, 07:16 PM
    "The best laid plans of mice and men.." In that case, it would be the mice.
    Expert

Feb 15, 2020, 02:50 AM
    Probably doesn't matter who dems pick because turnout is the biggest factor and I'm starting to see for the first time it may not matter so much about a good economy or being an incumbent with big bucks. Frankly though the dufus will be on his game for the greatest show on earth and all the loonies and they mama will show up for that. In many ways a business man and a right winger supporter was inevitable, that's what conservatives have always wanted, and small government run by oligarchs behind the scenes with enough pliant states behind them. Well they got it. You think they even care if the dufus has his show plays god and has his fun? Heck no! Power and control was always the goal, and they got it. Hook or crook they ain't giving that up.

So if the stupid dems don't turn 'em out, no matter who the nominee is, they win, just that simple.
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2020, 06:20 AM
    We have small government? Where? In your fantasy world?
    Expert

Feb 15, 2020, 07:53 AM
    You may be right, but you have certainly made it less efficient and less responsive so smaller in that way. 4 more years of the dufus and his sycophants ought to do it.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2020, 08:37 AM
    Trump wins in 2020: I give it to you that, generally speaking, the American People THINK they are at the 95% intelligence level when their real level is 65%...in the 50's it was directly reversed, they were smarter than they thought they were, just a whole lot more humble and because they hadn't been fed the "SELF-ESTEEM" diet of B.S. that Public Education has been dishing out the last 50 years....but, at the end of the day, Americans STILL know how to count $$$ and keeping TRUMP in as POTUS = MORE $$$ in American pockets.
    Expert

Feb 15, 2020, 09:41 AM
    Now be a good time to buy some votes so turn them spigots up a notch why doncha.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2020, 10:15 AM
    Hey if you didn't like Trump's sexism you'll love nanny Bloomy's

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...cid=spartanntp
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2020, 10:47 AM
    of course it would and it has nothing to with getting a conviction . It is the resources that the President has to use fighting impeachment charges . If they had 51 votes secured in the Senate they could've dragged the impeachment Kavanaugh style ad infinitum ….a virtual conga line of witnesses to depose .
    But the real reason that they want the Senate is to block any judicial appointment in Trump's second term they choose to block . The nuclear option has already been used for judicial appointments so the super majority is no longer required .
    With the Senate they can also pick and choose which bill makes it to the President's desk . Currently the turtle acts as the firewall so Trump doesn't have to go on record vetoing the garbage the House passes .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elena Kagan the stealth nominee [ 38 Answers ]

After watching the reaction to the President's nomination of Kagan for SCOTUS ,it is clear that unless there is some smoking gun reason ;the Republicans will not be able to mount a serious opposition to her selection. However ,her lack of a "paper trail" ,and judicial record has the left more...

Consent of legal heirs for purchase of flat from nominee [ 2 Answers ]

If I purchase a resale flat in a society from the nominee after death of the owner who has died without making any will, whether consent of other legal heirs of the family is necessary ? What are the pros and cons if consent of others is not taken and an affidavit from nominee owner is taken.

Right wingers Ticked off about Bush nominee [ 2 Answers ]

I've been enjoying all of the fighting on this Conservative site: http://www.townhall.com/blogs/c-log/J%20Garthwaite/story/2005/10/03/159236.html Seems like the conservatives are a bit pissed by Bush's choice... should a liberal be happy about it? Mirza :confused:

View more questions Search