Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2020, 07:27 AM
    So I ask for instances of conservatives putting down poor people and you respond with a boatload of cartoons? As I said, you plainly don't have any.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 15, 2020, 08:54 AM
    I think it would still happen since global travel has made darn near everybody sick. We still don't know how many here yet, but it's a lot and growing.

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So I ask for instances of conservatives putting down poor people and you respond with a boatload of cartoons? As I said, you plainly don't have any.
    Don't care to share because that's obviously too much typing. Like listing the dufus lies. Same difference but no less true!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2020, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    You know, all this Coronavirus crap wouldn't be happening today if not for the back and forth transit of communist Chinese and people coming and going to Red China: The price of doing business with these bastards? Financing the growth of the enemy.
    Mention that to Ivanka.
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2020, 01:34 PM
    Don't care to share because that's obviously too much typing. Like listing the dufus lies. Same difference but no less true!
    As usual, you don't have the slightest idea. Just the usual evasive answer.
    Expert

Mar 15, 2020, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Mention that to Ivanka.
    And the rest of the business community, including Google.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2020, 03:06 AM
    W.G. and Talaniman: I REALLY DO NOT CARE who the perpetrators are on OUR SIDE in the ChiCom business relationships, whether they be Ivanka or any other U.S. corporation: Anyone who chases slave labor down around the globe should be called out....its disgusting in an of itself. But what makes this even worse is that Red China is an avowed enemy of the U.S. and that makes it one hell of a lot worse.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 04:41 AM
    Vac, something interesting to consider. With unemployment at record lows, then even if we did bring back 10 million jobs from China to the United States, who would fill them?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2020, 05:14 AM
    Vac, something interesting to consider. With unemployment at record lows, then even if we did bring back 10 million jobs from China to the United States, who would fill them?
    You have to ask, all those hispanics waiting at the border of course
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 05:16 AM
    Great question, and while big biz has said they need 6M qualified people to fill job openings, they are looking overseas instead of qualifying and promoting their own in house, and just hiring lower level employees.

Mar 16, 2020, 05:37 AM
    I really think THAT WOULD BE A GREAT TRADE FOR THE U.S.! I would absolutely love to replace a 10 million load of godless ChiComs for a 10 million person exchange of Hispanics ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! And would do that with open arms!

Plus, how do we know its 10 million jobs: ChiCom work output is not 1:1 with U.S. workers! Not by a long shot! If you told me "South Korean worker", well, their outputs are more comparable to U.S. worker production outputs.

An initiative of pulling back from Red China is something that could UNITE THIS COUNTRY across all political stripes! And, I could see Labor Unions putting their shoulders behind such an effort.

At any rate, by hook or by crook, we need to work diligently to divorce ourselves from ties with the Authoritarian Red Chinese!
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 06:17 AM
    I don't blame greedy American business types who drool over the possible profits from a market of billions of new customers but I do object to the hypocrisy of these trade deals, and partnerships with China and then hollering foul while they keep doing them. The dufus approach is no better at all since him and his family already have a deal in place. So did the farmers. He stomped all over on that deal without asking farmers a damn thing before he did it. It was as ham handed as the New NAFTA deal, which thankfully the congress got involved in. While it was an upgrade rather than a new deal, it's been in the works for a long time.

Mar 16, 2020, 09:55 AM
    Talaniman: I have always give a nod to American based businesses....but, if those same American based businesses decide that $$$s mean more than the welfare of the U.S., well they can go straight to hell, IMHO.

Every American ought to be madder than hell about the hows and whys of this virus' introduction that is now leashed upon us: Its nothing more than greed! These companies of our flying back and forth to Red China, making them stronger and US weaker, played a large part in carting this pestilence upon us. If greedy arses hadn't given Red China "Favored Nation Trading Status" years ago, we wouldn't be staring down the barrel of this virus now.
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 12:06 PM
    That may be a bit simplistic given the tourist trade between us and China, to blame the business dudes for the virus, but an American business may be at a disadvantage dealing with a country where the lines between business and government is blurred beyond recognition, to us any way. Every time they get in a snit they cost us money as they did when a coach insulted them a while back. The NBA should have just said screw you then. Or Chinese Microsoft workers that jumped off the building often enough because of working conditions, a net was built around the building.

To be fair though such culture clashes are expected but Big Biz does no good by capitulation in the long run. While the dufus rattles as good a saber as anybody, playing by Chinese rules does him or us no favors.

Mar 17, 2020, 06:21 AM
    Talaniman: You were "PERFECT" with your comments! Could not agree more.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2020, 04:08 PM
    playing by Chinese rules does him no favors.
    where do you get the idea he is playing by chinese rules?
    Expert

Mar 17, 2020, 04:17 PM
    Simple fact he goes in with a big stick and bluster and shoots for a quick deal like the lone ranger instead of leveraging his partners around him. Brute force will never work against the Chinese and is costing our side a lot more than his. China has many other options as far as trade goes on the products they are not buying from us and have used those options to stymy the dufus strategy, wiping out decades of trade gains forcing us to pay the price for this trade war.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2020, 01:38 PM
    I shake my head in disbelief . I am as much as a free trader as anyone . But the Chinese have proven beyond a doubt that they are dangerous unreliable partners in trade . Trump was well ahead of the curve . We have to at a minimum move all strategic trade out of that country at the earliest possible time .The rest of American business has to be put on notice that they deal with the Chinese at their own risk . It is not just Wuhan flu . They have poisoned us and our children for years exporting pentenyl and pentenyl contaminate products into out country . They have destgroyed the supply chain to the world economy and should pay a heavy price for their criminal malfeasance . As far as I am concerned Xi is an international criminal who should have his A$$ hauled into the court in Hague to account for the hundreds of thousands of deaths ,if not millions he will have caused by the end of this crisis
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2020, 03:03 PM
    xenophobia, would you say this is the epicentre had been Europe, not China. China has successfully modernised, particularly in manufacturing and US multinationalism has taken advantage of this, but they have put all their eggs in one basket and are now paying the price. You have pulled back from your allies in favour of China
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2020, 03:28 PM
    China has successfully modernised

uh huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1rzgO9S5SM
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2020, 03:49 PM
    yes no empty shelves there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elena Kagan the stealth nominee [ 38 Answers ]

After watching the reaction to the President's nomination of Kagan for SCOTUS ,it is clear that unless there is some smoking gun reason ;the Republicans will not be able to mount a serious opposition to her selection. However ,her lack of a "paper trail" ,and judicial record has the left more...

Consent of legal heirs for purchase of flat from nominee [ 2 Answers ]

If I purchase a resale flat in a society from the nominee after death of the owner who has died without making any will, whether consent of other legal heirs of the family is necessary ? What are the pros and cons if consent of others is not taken and an affidavit from nominee owner is taken.

Right wingers Ticked off about Bush nominee [ 2 Answers ]

I've been enjoying all of the fighting on this Conservative site: http://www.townhall.com/blogs/c-log/J%20Garthwaite/story/2005/10/03/159236.html Seems like the conservatives are a bit pissed by Bush's choice... should a liberal be happy about it? Mirza :confused:

View more questions Search