Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2020, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It goes far and above anything Trump has said. It is one of the most bizarre statements I have heard in a long time.

So Trump is on record as considering a change in the law. In what universe would that equate him being in favor "of bribing people to get his deals done?" It had nothing to do with his deals. It would involve a change in law for everyone in business.
    I'm really getting dizzy from all the spinning you're doing.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 12, 2020, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Imagine how dizzy he must feel WG.

It goes far and above anything Trump has said. It is one of the most bizarre statements I have heard in a long time.

So Trump is on record as considering a change in the law. In what universe would that equate him being in favor "of bribing people to get his deals done?" It had nothing to do with his deals. It would involve a change in law for everyone in business.
    That's what he says and in what logical universe would a guy want to change or repeal an anti bribing law if wasn't going to use it? I'm sure it makes sense to you, but the rest of us wonder what other corrupt ideas he has, oh wait we don't have to wonder, he had to pay back consumers in his school scam, and is barred from any charity organizing, and his main bank is a corrupt Russian money laundering institution.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2020, 05:22 PM
    I.e. you have no real reply that makes sense.

That's what he says and in what logical universe would a guy want to change or repeal an anti bribing law if wasn't going to use it?
    Could be, but the fact remains that your allegation was incorrect.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2020, 05:38 PM
    I.e. you have no real reply that makes sense.
    What you had posted made absolutely no sense! Btw....Aren't you watching tRump's campaign speeches? Didn't you see his national address on the coronavirus last night? The man is falling apart!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2020, 07:00 PM
    “History has proven time and time again, Americans always rise to the challenge and overcome adversity,” With that he accepted the challenge to take on the Wuhan virus . His address was like an FDR fireside chat reassuring America that he understood what was at stake ,letting us know he is committed to victory . Unlike the Dems he called for
    unity and bipartisanship .Lets see if Madam Mim and the Schmuckster are up to the challenge .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2020, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    “History has proven time and time again, Americans always rise to the challenge and overcome adversity,” With that he accepted the challenge to take on the Wuhan virus . His address was like an FDR fireside chat reassuring America that he understood what was at stake ,letting us know he is committed to victory . Unlike the Dems he called for
    unity and bipartisanship .Lets see if Madam Mim and the Schmuckster are up to the challenge .
    He read what someone else had written. He read off a teleprompter (okay, I can go with that) but sounded like one of my third graders who hadn't taken his reading book home the night before so he could review the story assigned. He has avoided dealing with the virus for weeks and finally has been forced to.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2020, 10:51 PM
    This is an actual sentence from Trump. It is basically all one sentence. To say he is “scattered” is an understatement. And for any of you stable geniuses out there who think he is misquoted, included is a link to the video from which it was transcribed.

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the
    smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a
    conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's
    why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went
    there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my
    like credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged—but
    you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would
    have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are (nuclear
    is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the
    power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of
    what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?),
    but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it
    used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I
    would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because,
    you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter
    right now than the men, so, you know, it's gonna take them about
    another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c45467...trump-sentence
    Expert

Mar 13, 2020, 03:02 AM
    Unfortunately Athos, that was but one example of the dufus talking in crazy circles and the last three years are full of such public utterances that only a nut can appreciate. The rest of us are disgusted and rightfully so, and that includes his own sycophants.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2020, 04:21 AM
    Athos: How can you not say that what Trump said was nothing but brilliant? Did you see that length of that sentence? That took genius! Try making a sentence that long and that disjointed, I bet you can not do it!
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2020, 04:49 AM
    What you had posted made absolutely no sense! Btw....Aren't you watching tRump's campaign speeches? Didn't you see his national address on the coronavirus last night? The man is falling apart!
    That's what we used to say in jr. high. "Oh yeah! Well, I might not have had much to say, but neither did you, so there!" Nothing specific, but just statements like, "The man is falling apart!" It would be much better for all the fanatical libs to just admit that they hate Trump and will never approve of anything he does. For me, the economy is doing well and he stands up for the right of unborn children to live. Those two items alone give me reason for hope.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2020, 05:15 AM
    Trump's delivery needs work . Maybe he should practice with a speech coach like every other politician does . I compare it to FDR fireside chats . Remove some of the great ones that everyone remembers like 'Nothing to Fear but fear itself' or his Arsenal of Democracy address ;the content of Trump's address was right up there . Like I said ;he in not as comfortable in his delivery as JFK ,Nixon ,Reagan ,Bubba or the emperor .But it was better than a Ford ,Jimmy C or either of the Bush Presidents .Not terrible for a President who has only made one other short address from the Oval Office .

The temporary halting air travel from Europe was prudent given the increases in the rates of infection in Europe over the last week . With that and the China travel ban the spigot has been closed for possible places of new cases . Now we have to address the cases from sources already in the country . And in that issue ;the US has been better than most countries . We will not come close to having rates of infection like the Europeans or Chinese . So the Dems can play politics all they want to with this outbreak. The country will not buy their argument.
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2020, 05:32 AM
    Trump's delivery needs work . Maybe he should practice with a speech coach like every other politician does .
    He would have to accept advice for that to work. Oh well.

So the Dems can play politics all they want to with this outbreak. The country will not buy their argument.
    I'm convinced the dems are genuinely hoping this epidemic gets bad enough that it will work in their political favor.
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2020, 07:45 AM
    This is the lunacy which has infected our country much more seriously than any virus. It's the idea that we will just "give" money to people. This is in a period of time when we are already running a trillion dollar deficit annually and have historically low unemployment figures meaning that anyone who wants a job (and is willing to actually work) can get a job, or two jobs, or three jobs. And it comes from a guy who could very easily go out and give a thousand dollars to the next thousand adults he runs into and never miss it which means, of course, that he is the typical liberal democrat.

But if "giving" people money is a good idea, then why not go for two thousand, or ten thousand, or fifty thousand? If it's that simple, then why stop at a thousand?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/gerald...avirus-economy
    Expert

Mar 13, 2020, 07:57 AM
    This is the lunacy which has infected our country much more seriously than any virus. It's the idea that we will just "give" money to people. This is in a period of time when we are already running a trillion dollar deficit annually.

But if "giving" people money is a good idea, then why not go for two thousand, or ten thousand, or fifty thousand? If it's that simple, then why stop at a thousand?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/gerald...avirus-economy
    That's a great question, why not send me a few grand cash? 10 grand? I deserve it! Rich guys got millions off the credit card!
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2020, 02:41 PM
    10 grand? I deserve it!
    No you don't. You don't deserve one plug nickel of anyone else's money. Rich guys? The ones that pay more than 85% of the income taxes? Those rich guys?
    Expert

Mar 13, 2020, 03:42 PM
    Those rich guys got their piece of the pie, and I deserve mine too. Screw what you're talking about. No surprise I summarily dismiss your opinion as irrelevant to me.

You can do the same if that's what you want...like I care!
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2020, 05:32 PM
    Those rich guys got their piece of the pie, and I deserve mine too.
    Then get off you bxtt and go get it. No one's stopping you, but don't expect the government to borrow even more money and "give" some to you just because you think you deserve it. You don't deserve anything more than what you have. If you want more, then go work for it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 13, 2020, 05:45 PM
    Then get off you bxtt and go get it. No one's stopping you, but don't expect the government to borrow even more money and "give" some to you just because you think you deserve it. You don't deserve anything more than what you have. If you want more, then go work for it.
    But tal (or even JL!) has given to the government for years. If he now needs financial help, I won't begrudge it. We're all in this together.
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2020, 06:49 PM
    If he now needs financial help, I won't begrudge it.
    You won't begrudge it as long as the government forces someone other than you to give it. Now that's not exactly how charity is supposed to work. He deserves it? No he doesn't, and neither do you or I. We do not "deserve" for the government to force others to give us money.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2020, 07:58 PM
    why are you worried about government largess? noone else is, is it coming out of your pocket? until you elect someone who is more interested in balancing the budget and reducing the deficit than lining their pockets it is all hot air

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elena Kagan the stealth nominee [ 38 Answers ]

After watching the reaction to the President's nomination of Kagan for SCOTUS ,it is clear that unless there is some smoking gun reason ;the Republicans will not be able to mount a serious opposition to her selection. However ,her lack of a "paper trail" ,and judicial record has the left more...

Consent of legal heirs for purchase of flat from nominee [ 2 Answers ]

If I purchase a resale flat in a society from the nominee after death of the owner who has died without making any will, whether consent of other legal heirs of the family is necessary ? What are the pros and cons if consent of others is not taken and an affidavit from nominee owner is taken.

Right wingers Ticked off about Bush nominee [ 2 Answers ]

I've been enjoying all of the fighting on this Conservative site: http://www.townhall.com/blogs/c-log/J%20Garthwaite/story/2005/10/03/159236.html Seems like the conservatives are a bit pissed by Bush's choice... should a liberal be happy about it? Mirza :confused:

View more questions Search