Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2020, 08:07 PM
    NH primary /why not select candidates by popular vote ?
    Quid Joe can thank his 5th place not only to his incompetence ,but also to Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi. Schiff and Pelosi were probably trying to prop up the blond hair blue eyed native American ,and she is tanking on her own.
    The irony of Biden is that the Dems went after Trump for allegedly trying to take down Biden . In the process they did the job better than Trump could ever dream of .

Trying to figure something out. The DNC and most Democrats are for elimination of the electoral college but the way they have the primaries set up, it is to prevent a “winner take all” scenario.
    Should they not just have a primary day where all states vote and the candidate with the most in the popular vote wins?
    Would have been a good time for the Democratic Party to demonstrate in action what they proposed for the national general election.

btw
    nanny Bloomy is toast . He should've taken credit for one of his few policy successes in NYC instead of apologizing for it. There is no way the Dems will let him win after hearing this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siOLOhjANmk

I don't know what happens from here . If Nanny Bloomy is no longer an option as I believe is his fate after the release of the audio ; do the Dems have a brokered convention after the 1st ballot when the super delegates chose an establishment alternative (ie Michelle Obama ? or JFKerry ? ) Or does Mayor Pete convince them that he could be what they want him to be . Tucker Carlson
    said “Buttigieg seems like a corporate hologram programmed by the AI department at google”. He checks all the woke boxes .

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2020, 12:15 AM
    You have a situation of many candidates so unless someone can poll 50% then you still will be in the situation of having a runoff. Noone wants to vote more than once but elimination of the super delegates would be a first step
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2020, 03:15 AM
    Clete that is the Democrats version of "democracy " . When push comes to shove ,they want the party elders to make the call from the politburo . There is no way they are going to allow Bolshevik Bernie to be their standard bearer .They don't want a repeat of the 1972 McGovern blow out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2020, 04:56 AM
    The simple answer Tom, after the first two states it becomes obvious that dem turnout is the key. I mean two small states showed that turnout is slightly up in NH over 2016, and more dems voted than repubs. So not sure I really agree with your premise about how dems should be conducting their primary since you know how that goes since you guys went through the same thing in 2016.

Until we take over more states the EC is here to stay. Now if you mean eliminate the winner take all in the general election, count me in.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2020, 06:24 AM
    No, the ELECTORAL COLLEGE is HERE TO STAY regardless of whatever happens: NOBODY BETTER TOUCH IT UNLESS THEY WANT CIVIL WAR.

Demos have no chance winning the Presidency: none. Minorities (Hispanics and Blacks) will not vote to Booty Boy: They will not vote for a homosexual....they are conservative in their thinking on this subject.
    Expert

Feb 12, 2020, 06:35 AM
    Calm down, have a cup of coffee grab a donut. Chicago dems and minorities just elected a gay female with a white partner for mayor, so I wouldn't want to be speaking for the black vote right now. Whose loading you with this BS? You southern guys seem prone to make this soaring assertions about others. If mayor Pete gets the nomination, I think he gets the dem vote, but we'll see what happens.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2020, 06:38 AM
    and more dems voted than repubs.
    there is an obvious answer as a reason to that . They had to turn away Trump supporters at the Concord rally .Trump is running effectively unopposed for the nomination Only the radical base really showed up in NH in any numbers for Bolshevik Bernie. Biden could fit all of his supporters in a diner
    Expert

Feb 12, 2020, 07:12 AM
    Ya think repubs were listening when he told repubs to vote for the dems weakest candidate which NH law allows? Wonder if there is anything to the rumor about repubs pranking the Iowa voting app? Wonder what other political tricks and traps we will see the rest of primary season. I know, it was a dirty sport before the dufus got here.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2020, 09:10 AM
    Ya think repubs were listening when he told repubs to vote for the dems weakest candidate which NH law allows?
    pretty much how the Repubs ended up with Romney in 2012 .

btw I did some search about turnout for incumbents running uncontested in NH primaries . Here is the data
    1996 Bubba 76,797
    2004 Bush 53,962
    2012 the emperor 49,080
    2020 Trump 120,476
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2020, 01:59 PM
    Why does Bernie and Biden remind me of Statler and Waldorf ?

Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 03:15 AM
    Two states and Bernie is ahead by one with 23 delegates. Next up Nevada and South Carolina.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2020, 04:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Two states and Bernie is ahead by one with 23 delegates. Next up Nevada and South Carolina.
    Yes let him savour the moment, a man of his age needs all the moments he can get
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2020, 06:45 AM
    btw I did some search about turnout for incumbents running uncontested in NH primaries . Here is the data
    1996 Bubba 76,797
    2004 Bush 53,962
    2012 the emperor 49,080
    2020 Trump 120,476
    Pretty interesting. If the economy stays strong, then I don't see how Trump can lose, and that's what would have to happen. There are no dems with the potential to win. They can only come out on top if Trump trips. Tulsi is pretty interesting but seems to have no momentum. Sanders? Warren? Biden? I just can't see it. AK? Maybe. PB? No chance at all.

It will be interesting. Their campaign motto can be, "Vote for Me! I Hate Trump!"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to mix a primary color from other primary colors [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Yes I know the title makes no sense. Im trying to buy some textile paints for the airbrush. Trouble is these are the colors offered-Blue(Green) Red(Orange) Yellow(Green). I rang to ask what that means assuming it means they are not pure primarys and she said the color in brackets is a kind...

why doesn't select what I want when I put "Select[... ]to_user='$user' [ 0 Answers ]

why doesn't select what I want when I put $selemails = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM private_messages WHERE to_user='$user' "); ? I don't know why this isn't working, it should right?

A Vote for McBush is a Vote for Iran War [ 35 Answers ]

A vote for McBush is a vote for a War on Iran. How do you like the War of Adventurism against Iraq which will last 100 years or until America destroys itself economically? Do you think that our colony Iraq, a future colony of Iran, and add another colony perhaps in Afghanistan will ever be in...

Can Independents vote in the Virginia Democratic primary [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am a registered voter in Virginia, but I am not a registered member of any party. Do I have to register again (like, with the party maybe?)to vote in the primary? -Dan

Why do Union members vote for candidates that opposed the Border Fence? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm curious. It seems as if the same politicians that want amnesty for illegals seem to be endorsed by the unions. It doesn't make sense. Those same illegals would soon take their jobs. Politicians seem to have taken the unions for granted. So my question is : Why do Union members vote for...

View more questions Search