Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 23, 2020, 06:45 AM
    LOL, a monster has been created. The dufus is certainly riding high right now.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2020, 09:45 AM
    jlisenbe: Almost as bad as the GLOBAL WARMING arguments: Its GW if it gets to record heat and its GW if it gets to record cold! BRAIN DEAD, SUB-RATIONAL THINKERS, ONE-DIMENSIONAL THINKERS!
    Expert

Feb 23, 2020, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    jlisenbe: Almost as bad as the GLOBAL WARMING arguments: Its GW if it gets to record heat and its GW if it gets to record cold! BRAIN DEAD, SUB-RATIONAL THINKERS, ONE-DIMENSIONAL THINKERS!
    We have seen some extreme weather Vac, for whatever the reason.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2020, 04:26 PM
    There has always been extreme weather. There will always be extreme weather. The frequency of extreme weather is not increasing.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2020, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    There has always been extreme weather. There will always be extreme weather. The frequency of extreme weather is not increasing.
    Glaciers are steadily melting. Put on your hipboots!

"The melting is speeding up. Glaciers are now losing mass twice as fast as they were in the period from 1901–1950, three times as fast as in the period from 1851–1900, and four times as fast as in the period from 1800–1850, the researchers found."
    https://thinkprogress.org/worlds-gla...-3ee73aa09038/
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2020, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Glaciers are steadily melting. Put on your hipboots!

"The melting is speeding up. Glaciers are now losing mass twice as fast as they were in the period from 1901–1950, three times as fast as in the period from 1851–1900, and four times as fast as in the period from 1800–1850, the researchers found."
    https://thinkprogress.org/worlds-gla...-3ee73aa09038/
    I wonder are glaciers losing mass as fast as 10,000 years ago?

Feb 24, 2020, 06:19 AM
    And does ANYONE REALLY THINK that we can change nature's own time table or its own kinetics? Aren't we being just a tad bit arrogant? Can we stop earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, droughts, or any other weather pattern. We can stop Coronavirus? Not yet, for sure. We need to get off our high horse and face facts and be HUMBLE, for once and admit what we all know and what many of us have a hard time accepting: WE AREN'T IN CHARGE OF SH&T! And guess what else? We are not here forever, we are all going to die. Change what you can and ACCEPT THAT WHICH YOU CANNOT CHANGE: This is the WISDOM OF THE WORLD. We are no different than any other living thing in nature in terms of adhering to a life cycle, accept it! Accept the Laws Of Nature and Natural Law: It makes life that much easier.

In the pursuit of the tenets of the RELIGION OF GLOBAL WARMING we have forgotten the tenets of the RELIGION OF GOD! In the name of GW, we have imposed restrictions on our industrial capacities that have costs millions of high paying jobs, imposed restrictions on our capacity to compete economically, and given incredible strength to the ChiComs, a sworn enemy of the U.S., and "other" nations: Enough is enough! We look like a bunch of dumbarses!
    Expert

Feb 24, 2020, 07:25 AM
    You had me cheering until you threw human stuff into the equation. In the name of money it's okay to foul the air, land, and air? I can't quite go along with that. That makes us look like dumba$$es as much as trying to make a buck off our "sworn" enemies. Why are they are sworn enemies is my question, and if so why is Big Biz trying to make a buck off them?

What's more farmers ain't planting be it this silly trade war or the creeks and rivers flooding, and every body is getting a viral bug. Triple whammy on us dumb humans, and that's just the bigger stuff. Lot's of other stuff we humans just aren't dealing with very well right now.

Feb 24, 2020, 02:29 PM
    Talaniman: Its the "DEATH SPIRAL" we get into when greed takes over and we ALLOW U.S. companies to close down plants in the U.S. and shift production to Red China....the effect of this move is incredibly harmful:

1) It puts Americans out of a job
    2) It puts more money into the hands of the ChiComs
    3) It transfers TECHNOLOGY to the ChiComs
    4) It allows American companies to ESCAPE U.S. EPA regulations by manufacturing in Red China
    5) It increases the NET POLLUTION LOAD to the planet because the ChiComs pollution restrictions are not as strident as are the U.S.'s laws
    6) It puts any remaining and competing U.S. manufactures at an extreme disadvantage versus the U.S.-ChiCom manufacture because the ROI can't be as great due to U.S. wages being higher and Environmental Control costs being higher

When the above SIX Effects are accounted for, the only recourse left for the U.S. is to reduce FIXED COSTS: 1) lower wages and 2) lower commitment to Environmental Control. Don't you see how this forces us into a horrible position?

Talaniman: You don't see the ChiComs as a sworn enemy? But you see THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION as a sworn enemy? How come Red China is O.K. but Russia is not O.K.? The ChiComs are a much bigger problem than is Russia. You are upset with RUSSIAN MEDDLING but you aren't upset with Red Chinese coercion of the Entertainment Industry, of Google, Of the NBA, of U.S. Manufactures, and of U.S. Politicians? ChiCom influence in the U.S. is WAY, WAY, WAY GREATER than is Russian influence on any level.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2020, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: Its the "DEATH SPIRAL" we get into when greed takes over and we ALLOW U.S. companies to close down plants in the U.S. and shift production to Red China....the effect of this move is incredibly harmful...
    Let's start with Ivanka Trump's clothing and accessories companies.
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2020, 03:27 PM
    Let's start with Ivanka Trump's clothing and accessories companies.
    Yeah. That will certainly solve the problem.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2020, 04:18 PM
    Yeah. That will certainly solve the problem.
    It's a START and will set the example! Sheesh! She's making millions, maybe even billions.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2020, 04:21 PM
    it's the american way
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2020, 04:37 PM
    It's a START and will set the example!
    Did you ask the same of Michelle Obama?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2020, 04:45 PM
    Did you ask the same of Michelle Obama?
    Yup. And everyone else who is using cheap labor in other countries to create products that are sold for high prices in the US.
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2020, 04:53 PM
    Yup. And everyone else who is using cheap labor in other countries to create products that are sold for high prices in the US.
    Do you purchase those products, or do you purchase only those items which are made in America? If you purchase foreign goods, then aren't you contributing to the problem as well?

I'm glad to hear that you were even handed enough to be critical of MO. I've never seen you post a critical remark of the Obamas, so perhaps this is a sign of progress.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2020, 07:18 PM
    Do you purchase those products, or do you purchase only those items which are made in America? If you purchase foreign goods, then aren't you contributing to the problem as well?

I'm glad to hear that you were even handed enough to be critical of MO. I've never seen you post a critical remark of the Obamas, so perhaps this is a sign of progress.
    I buy only American. And I haven't said anything about Obama except only once or twice, and never, until now, about Michelle. (Are you the AMHD perfection monitor, JL?)
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2020, 07:31 PM
    I buy only American. And I haven't said anything about Obama except only once or twice, and never, until now, about Michelle. (Are you the AMHD perfection monitor, JL?)
    I struggle to believe that you don't buy items not made in America. Even Barbie dolls are made overseas now. The list of items no longer made here is long. But I'm still glad you're making progress on the "equal opportunity criticizer" front! It's encouraging.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2020, 07:39 PM
    I struggle to believe that you don't buy items not made in America. Even Barbie dolls are made overseas now. The list of items no longer made here is long. But I'm still glad you're making progress on the "equal opportunity criticizer" front! It's encouraging.
    I rarely buy anything except food and am very careful. I no longer get out to shop, I don't have any grandchildren to spoil with foreign-made toys and clothes, and any extra money goes into my nursing-home savings fund. Sorry you have to "struggle."

P.S. I thought you were going to stop with the snarky comments, "But I'm still glad you're making progress on the 'equal opportunity criticizer' front! It's encouraging."
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2020, 07:48 PM
    I rarely buy anything except food and am very careful.
    That would make it kind of easy.

P.S. I thought you were going to stop with the snarky comments, "But I'm still glad you're making progress on the 'equal opportunity criticizer' front! It's encouraging."
    it was actually intended to be humorous. Still, I don't recall taking any pledge to not be snarky. Sometimes it's called for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Prepare a Budgeted Income Statement, Cash Budget, Sales Budget/Cash Collections, Purc [ 1 Answers ]

The CEO of Kingston Cart Inc. asked the Chief Financial Officer to prepare a Master Budget for the next three months, beginning July 1, 2010. The company's policy is to maintain a minimum cash balance of $6,000 at each month end. Sales are forecasted at an average selling price of $70 per cart....

View more questions Search