Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2020, 01:39 PM
    Their 85% contribution is a drop in the bucket for them.
    I haven't looked it up recently, but the wealthy pay something like 25% of their income into income tax. That naturally does not include prop taxes, sales taxes, gasoline taxes, and so forth. That does not seem to me to be "a drop in the bucket". Still, I have found that most people, especially liberals, seem to think rather casually of the taxes that others pay.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2020, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I haven't looked it up recently, but the wealthy pay something like 25% of their income into income tax. That naturally does not include prop taxes, sales taxes, gasoline taxes, and so forth. That does not seem to me to be "a drop in the bucket".
    When you're left with $50 million, or $5 million, or $500,000, that's a drop in the bucket.
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2020, 02:43 PM
    Like I said, it's always easiest to justify the taking of someone else's money. It's always easy to suggest it does them no harm.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2020, 04:42 PM
    Like I said, it's always easiest to justify the taking of someone else's money. It's always easy to suggest it does them no harm.
    Taxation is theft, so the elections are to decide who are the greatest theives
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2020, 04:49 PM
    or if you are nanny Bloomy you say you are taxing the poor for their own good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqyEzuABWXg
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2020, 06:24 PM
    Not a suggestion at all - it IS a drop in the bucket.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2020, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Not a suggestion at all - it IS a drop in the bucket.

I think the argument here is who's bucket? obviously one with many holes in it
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2020, 07:22 AM
    Let me guess you got out voted on the federal/state/and local level about taking your money. I guess the dufus didn't give you enough of it back to make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Taxation is theft, so the elections are to decide who are the greatest theives
    That's a false premise to describe a lawful process to raise money to handle a countries business. Now if you had said thieves are populating the taxation process we would be on the same page. Is taxation a theft in Aussieland?

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I think the argument here is who's bucket? obviously one with many holes in it
    I got no bucket just a water bottle and coffee cup! Where can I get a bucket of anything besides crap?
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2020, 02:03 PM
    Let me guess you got out voted on the federal/state/and local level about taking your money. I guess the dufus didn't give you enough of it back to make you happy.
    Aren't you the same guy who almost fell over in a dead faint when I suggested we raise your taxes???

I got no bucket just a water bottle and coffee cup! Where can I get a bucket of anything besides crap?
    You might as well forget that. No one here believes you.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2020, 02:05 PM
    Is taxation a theft in Aussieland?
    It is theft no matter where it occurs, successive conservative governments have reduced the burden of taxation and gone after the thieves in corporateland
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2020, 02:09 PM
    Much worse than taxation, which is necessary on some level, is the use of borrowed money. It is theft from future generations, and it is a clear symbol, both here, in Aussie land, and wherever it occurs, of a shameful, cowardly, foolish population, more intent on the accumulation of things than in protecting the futures of children and grandchildren.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2020, 02:27 PM
    great rhetoric also B/S. Everything has been turned on its ear. once governments were financed by tariffs but that became unpopular as rich nations objected to their wares being taxed, and the fallacy of a level playing field became popular, so various other forms were devised. Even a modest tax started a revolution. Taxation led reform, but taxation is at the heart of discontent
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2020, 02:33 PM
    Even a modest tax started a revolution.
    BAM AND RIGHT ON !!!!!! Now we have every candidate of a party arguing not whether people should get taxed but how much of their wealth can they seize .
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2020, 02:49 PM
    great rhetoric also B/S. Everything has been turned on its ear. once governments were financed by tariffs but that became unpopular as rich nations objected to their wares being taxed, and the fallacy of a level playing field became popular, so various other forms were devised. Even a modest tax started a revolution. Taxation led reform, but taxation is at the heart of discontent
    What does any of this have to do with budget deficits? They are MUCH WORSE than taxes. We are spending our taxes, and we are spending the future income of our children and grandchildren. What cowards we are to allow that to continue. Rhetoric? Only in another universe.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2020, 03:17 PM
    What does any of this have to do with budget deficits? They are MUCH WORSE than taxes. We are spending our taxes, and we are spending the future income of our children and grandchildren. What cowards we are to allow that to continue. Rhetoric? Only in another universe.
    Yes you are right but who is going to build that bridge or that highway, fund that school or hospital, buy that aircraft carrier. The universe of the agrarian society has gone but the ideas and laws remain. The maw always asks for more, it never asks who pays and what can I contribute, no this is the give me more society with a complaint on every street corner
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2020, 03:47 PM
    The maw
    Who??
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2020, 04:04 PM
    America keeps electing the leaders who cater to the gimme crowd. We can rail against them ;but we elect them .when was the last time a representative except Rand Paul made debt reduction an issue ?
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2020, 04:10 PM
    Very true, Tom. It will mean cutting out some goodies or raising taxes or both. An immature people don't like hearing such things.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2020, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    .when was the last time a representative except Rand Paul made debt reduction an issue ?

Your Donald Trump made that very promise. He has failed miserably and accomplished the opposite.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2020, 04:31 PM
    I'm afraid you are entirely correct about that. Of all the things from the Obama era to copy, why did he have to pick that one???

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Prepare a Budgeted Income Statement, Cash Budget, Sales Budget/Cash Collections, Purc [ 1 Answers ]

The CEO of Kingston Cart Inc. asked the Chief Financial Officer to prepare a Master Budget for the next three months, beginning July 1, 2010. The company's policy is to maintain a minimum cash balance of $6,000 at each month end. Sales are forecasted at an average selling price of $70 per cart....

View more questions Search