Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Todd33balt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2020, 11:03 PM
    Hunter 22549 ceiling fan remote receiver bypass
    I have a hunter 22549 ceiling with a remote however I want to run the fan without the remote. I have a switch on the wall with speed control (low, medium, high) and a switch for the light. When I looked in the housing of the fan and once I removed the receiver the only wires remaining were a black, white and red. I know black is power, white common, and red was for powering the light. I looked in the receiver there were 3 5mfd capacitors I am guessing for the 3 different speeds controlled by the remote. My question do I need to wire a 5 mfd capacitor in series with black wires or is there another way I should be looking at this. When I wired it up black/black, white/white and red/red, everything worked fine light came on, but when I turned the fan on it ran but didn’t sound right. Looking at other forums I’ve seen the mention adding a capacitor but they nothing related to my fan. Just seems to simple.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewire hunter 23457 to bypass remote receiver [ 0 Answers ]

I'm trying to rewire a Hunter 23457 ceiling fan by removing the original remote receiver and replacing it with an off the shelf remote receiver/transmitter. I need to know which lead(s) to the motor I need to connect to the new receiver.

Trying to locate a remote control receiver for a hunter ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

This is a model # 22787-A, serial#031960. Fan & light control

Hunter Remote receiver bypass instructions needed. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hunter Ceiling fan model 23457 with a remote. The receiver for the remote is model 85112 02. The remote stopped working and I want to bypass the remote and just have the fan run from my wall switch. I would like to have fan in medium down position when I rewire. Can you please tell me...

Hunter ceiling fan rewire, remote and receiver [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have 52'' hunter ceiling fan, model westside. It can only operate by remote (no pulling chains or switch whatsoever). The fan receiver is bad. Hunter company told that the receiver which cost about $40 + shipping. :( Now I just bought another 52'' hunter fan, model Park Hill. It comes...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.