Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SAMM50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2020, 07:18 AM
    Please help me rewire my bench grinder
    Hi i have an old bench grinder with no maker or model numbers etc.
    It needs wiring from the two wires coming from grinder to the switch,
    im unsure whether it would need a capacitor in line somewhere.any
    help would be gratefully received.thank you.mark.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Mar 4, 2020, 08:49 AM
    A capacitor would not be used in-line. More likely you will need a snubber-capacitor. This is a component to prevent arcing and shorting out switch or relay contacts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grinder pumps [ 4 Answers ]

Do you have a recommendation of brand of grinder pump that will readily handle feminine hygiene products and has a good history of this use?

Bench Grinder That Wants to Run in the Other Direction When Turned On [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, All! Okay, I've got this Delta bench grinder that I've been using for a number of years. Works fine, for the most part. Had to replace the on-off switch awhile back. Even before I replaced the switch, it wanted to turn in the opposite direction after being turned on. I have to turn the...

Stump grinder [ 2 Answers ]

How to sharpen carbide tip on a stump grinder

Preventative maintenance for a bench grinder [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for any information on preventative maintenance on an 8" bench grinder that is used in a Machine Shop. I have the daily check information, but need to know if there is any particular monthly, yearly checks that have to be done.

AC Motor bench grinder Rewire [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to rewire an old AC motor driven bench grinder. For some reason when I hook up my input cord (from the outlet) black to one motor lead and white to the other motor lead the motor locks up. The motor turns to a electromagnet and grabs the armature and locks up with a loud...

View more questions Search