Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aperkins2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2020, 08:21 AM
    Empirical formula
    A 0.1845g sample of molybdenum metal is covered with hydrochloric acid and heated until the reaction is complete and excess chlorine is driven off. When weighed, the final product of the metal and chlorine had a mass of 0.5936g. What is the empirical formula of the compound?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 3, 2020, 09:19 AM
    What do you think ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2020, 02:13 PM
    Google is your friend, and takes a total of less than one minute.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Empirical Formula [ 1 Answers ]

The empirical formula of a compound is CH. At 200 degrees Celsius, 0.145 g of this compound occupies 97.2 mL at a pressure of 0.74 atm, What is the molecular formula of the compound?

Empirical formula [ 1 Answers ]

A compound was analyzed and was found to contain the following percentages of the elements by mass: vanadium, 56.01%; oxygen, 43.98%. What is the empirical formula for the compound?

Empirical formula [ 2 Answers ]

A compound is known to contain only carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. If the complete combustion of a 0.150- G sample of this compound produces 0.225 g of CO2 and 0.0614 g of H2O, what is the empirical formula of This compound?A compound is known to contain only carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. If the...

Empirical formula [ 1 Answers ]

A 0.750 g sample of tin isoxidized with nitric acid to form tin oxide. Calculate the empirical formula of tin oxide if the original tin sample gained 0.201 g of oxygen.

Empirical Formula [ 1 Answers ]

When I write an empirical formula, sometimes I have 1.5 of C for example, do I put it 1 or 2 Thanks

View more questions Search