Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Imkindoftired Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2020, 10:16 AM
    How do you explain to your family how you feel?
    For a couple of years now I’ve been dealing with depression. Up until now I’ve dismissed it because I figured I know people who have it way worse than me so why would I be depressed? But the days have been getting harder and harder to the point where I often find myself thinking about ending my self. Usually after isolating myself for a while I feel slightly better and dismiss the episode as me being a dramatic 15 year old . But now all I think about is doing it. I often do things to give myself momentary joy but my family has started to question it and I have to lie to avoid confrontation. It’s even harder when we see news stories about teens killing themselves and their only reaction is “you teenagers have no responsibilities these days you have no reason to kill yourselves”. Getting up everyday feels like swimming through thick grey water and I’m slowly suffocating. I don’t know how I can look my mom in the face and say that don’t want to be alive anymore
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2020, 11:20 AM
    I can only suggest you accept your parents not understanding your problems and issues very well, it's not really their fault completely, but you do need an adult in your life that does. Maybe an aunt, or grandparent, or a teacher or family doctor. Are any of these a possibility to reach out too? Where are you in the world and of what culture are you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2020, 01:58 PM
    Parents can not always, maybe almost never fully understand how a teen feels. to be honest a teen often does not really understand their own feelings. They have highs and lows all the time, and they compare what they feel to what other teens say they feel, and what others twitter, facebook or what ever says they feel.
    So talk to a counselor at school, But just be honest with parents, they may not understand but you at least can be honest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel like my family is keeping something from me [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I feel like my family is not telling me something about myself that I should know about. It feels like they are hiding something from me. I have social anxiety. I had it REALLY bad my senior year of high school. (graduated June 2009). I first got this the day after I smoked pot with a...

Family & friends, I feel I have none, but do I want them? [ 17 Answers ]

Greetings to those who read, This will be long... Nestorian here with an issue I thought I would find an answer to of my own accourd, but for the life of me I can not. My family is a very sore spot for me, as it is pretty much a group of starngers to me. Not even sure I can love them any...

Do you ever feel overwelmed by your family? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, as some of you may know by my previous thread : https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/paranormal-phenomena/mother-passed-now-feel-like-she-may-watching-over-me-24486.html My mother passed away when I was 12, since then my father has a wife and 2 kids with her (actually he married her when I was...

View more questions Search