Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2020, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Yes those proxy wars are still quite devestating.
    Well proxy wars are small scale skermishes, a testing of weapons. Islam remains an issue, but large scale war is bad for business, so back to posturing with the latest invention. US playing catch up again and you have to wonder, where were those intelligence services?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 6, 2020, 06:10 AM
    Islam itself is never the issue but which Islamic leader you choose to align with. They have a bunch of those.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2020, 02:37 PM
    Islam itself is never the issue but which Islamic leader you choose to align with. They have a bunch of those.
    Islam is an issue Tal, it has brainwashed a billion people, is responsible for millions of deaths over 1,400 years
    Expert

Feb 6, 2020, 02:44 PM
    So has Christianity over the years Clete, where you been. Protestants and Catholics been killing each other for centuries too, and they are both Christians aren't they? They just called a truce in Ireland in MY lifetime. Now what?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2020, 02:50 PM
    War is bad for business for some nations but good for others, depends upon your reference point. The NEW WORLD ORDER GLOBALIST use war and threats of was as control mechanisms to steer financial currents and funding and to obtain compliance and control from other countries. Hell, I would not be bit surprised if Islam is being "steered" to attain a desired financial outcome.

What is absolutely certain is this: There are no "FURNACES" anywhere in this world where MONEY IS BURNED: The idea that MONEY IS LOST is a complete and despicable lie: When money is "lost" by one party of people, another party makes money: All of the Wall Street "BLACK" days have be planned and the aims of those plans was to SEPARATE PEOPLE FROM THEIR MONEY....to, effectively, raid shareholders and those in investment plans.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2020, 02:50 PM
    So has Christianity over the years Clete, where you been. Protestants and Catholics been killing each other for centuries too, and they are both Christians aren't they? They just called a truce in Ireland in MY lifetime. Now what?
    I have been here in a land where sectarian violence has no place. My ancestors were Irish so I know only too well the reasons for unrest in Ireland which go back over a thousand years. What people do in the name of Christianity just shows they have no idea what the message is about

Feb 6, 2020, 03:08 PM
    Paraclete: No truer words have ever been said.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2020, 03:44 PM
    All of the Wall Street "BLACK" days have be planned and the aims of those plans was to SEPARATE PEOPLE FROM THEIR MONEY....to, effectively, raid shareholders and those in investment plans.
    When the price of a share of stock goes down, then wouldn't all of the shareholders lose?
    Expert

Feb 6, 2020, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I have been here in a land where sectarian violence has no place. My ancestors were Irish so I know only too well the reasons for unrest in Ireland which go back over a thousand years. What people do in the name of Christianity just shows they have no idea what the message is about
    That's because religion is BIG business for some folks. Always has been. Go ahead and build some of those big cathedrals and churches and mosques and temples by passing the hat bowl or whatever they have.

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    When the price of a share of stock goes down, then wouldn't all of the shareholders lose?
    Ever wonder where they lose it to?
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2020, 03:53 PM
    Should the value of your house go down, it is not "lost" to anyone. It is simply worth less today than it was yesterday. Same is true of stocks. They have a value that goes up and down. If it goes down, then everyone who owns that share loses. The lost value does not "go" to anyone. It is simply worth less.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2020, 04:12 PM
    it is of no consequence until the shares are sold. The last couple weeks during the adjustment over the coronavirus scare ,I moved some money from guaranteed funds to stable forune 500 funds. Glad I did .

Feb 6, 2020, 06:33 PM
    The "make money, you have to spend money": When the shares go down, your capacity buy other shares based off of profits from the share you own also goes down.....such is the explanation of losses: the engine of Wall Street is to buy shares at a lower price, allow those share to increase in value and built revenue off those shares, and reinvest the profits from those original shares into more shares.....when your shares lose value, your capacity "reinvest" comes to a halt: The Financial Carnot Cycle comes to an end. When the BLACK Wall Street Days hit, there are big panic sell offs and those with BIG MONEY reap the rewards of these bargain basement selloffs.....Money is not LOST, as in "burned" up, it transfers to the magnets of the BIGGEST MONEY HOLDERS, who makes money, while the little guys (John Publics) lose their arses!
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2020, 07:58 PM
    Money is not LOST, as in "burned" up, it transfers to the magnets of the BIGGEST MONEY HOLDERS, who makes money, while the little guys (John Publics) lose their arses!
    So if I'm a BIG MONEY HOLDER, and I own some stocks which go down in value, how does that transfer money to me?

Feb 7, 2020, 05:22 AM
    jlisenbe: It doesn't transfer to you.....you, as a BIG MONEY HOLDER, holds onto those stocks and don't move anything when the value is down, they have millions of shares....they sell when the values increase....the same methodology is employed by Day Traders: they only need pennies on the dollar movements to generate large financial gains....The waiting game is for the small players to dump at reduced values: The biggest players can hold their breath the longest: Big Money is permits discipline.
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2020, 06:31 AM
    The waiting game is for the small players to dump at reduced values: The biggest players can hold their breath the longest: Big Money is permits discipline.
    I don't think that's true, but even if it is, that's just strategy and anyone can employ it if they want to. What you described earlier was a sinister plot to manipulate the stock market to the advantage of the super rich. " All of the Wall Street "BLACK" days have be planned and the aims of those plans was to SEPARATE PEOPLE FROM THEIR MONEY....to, effectively, raid shareholders and those in investment plans." It's the old familiar song of how the wealthy become even more wealthy by using cut-throat, illicit tactics against everyone else. I just don't think that is normally the case. The rich usually become rich by exercising self discipline, hard work, and smart work.

Feb 7, 2020, 08:16 AM
    jlisenbe: I am not talking about or referring to "rich" as you or I know them...I have known billionaires on a first name basis, the owners of a few companies I have worked for, and they are what you describe: hardworking and smart....they earned it. What I am speaking of is something larger than these kinds of people or people at these levels....there is a MUCH HIGHER LEVEL game afoot here: The rich people know how to avoid the pitfalls.....and we aren't talking about MICRO stuff here, we are really talking about MACRO movements and market control: They can make "Sea Change" movements occur. Too many "changes" occur in the stock market that don't follow logical movements and no basis for the direction of the movements....I am suggesting that some "cabal" pulls strings to gain these reactions.
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2020, 08:55 AM
    Vac, if that's your opinion then fine, but I know of no real evidence to support that. A lot of very, very wealthy people took a severe tumble in the Great Depression. Same thing was true of our most recent recession a few years back. Who are these mysterious members of this "cabal" that can make "sea change" movements occur?

Feb 7, 2020, 11:47 AM
    jlisenbe: I know, its my opinion, only....but there are mysteries involved with World Markets where intuitive thoughts DO NOT prevail....where the entire market pulls against the grain: You don't see this in just about any other discipline and it often defies financial conventional wisdom....I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT! But I think its real.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2020, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    jlisenbe: I know, its my opinion, only....but there are mysteries involved with World Markets where intuitive thoughts DO NOT prevail....where the entire market pulls against the grain: You don't see this in just about any other discipline and it often defies financial conventional wisdom....I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT! But I think its real.
    These days you just don't know, bots make the trends and respond to them before you even know what is happening

Feb 7, 2020, 09:27 PM
    Paraclete: You are exactly correct: A lot of what happens on Wall Street and World Markets is driven by VOLATILITY that comes about from the new INSTANTANEOUS TRADING that is accomplished by computer programs, often selling stocks based upon several cents of movement only. Today, any arsehole can become a Day Trader and add to market volatility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's a good face cream that will lighten up scar on my face? [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for something not too expensive and works , I can buy in drug store please

I can't figure out my face shape and I want to get my hair cut to suit my face [ 5 Answers ]

The measurements of my face are: Widest part of cheekbones (cheekbone to cheekbone) - 9 inches Widest part of jaw (widest part on the left to widest part on the right) - 8 inches Widest part of forehead (" ") - 8 inches Length of face - 7 inches It says my face shape is square but it...

Hear no evil see no evil speak no evil [ 1 Answers ]

There was a episode called hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil that aired in the 60's or 70's it was about 7 jars in a basement. Anyway... does anyone know anything about this so I can try to find out more about it? Thanks

View more questions Search