Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 02:50 PM
    Democrats at work. And we wonder why NYC is one of the hotspots of this pandemic. They bought extra ventilators years ago in anticipation of a pandemic, then found they couldn't maintain them, and so they auctioned them off. Unreal.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...hem-off-report
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Democrats at work. And we wonder why NYC is one of the hotspots of this pandemic. They bought extra ventilators years ago in anticipation of a pandemic, then found they couldn't maintain them, and so they auctioned them off. Unreal.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...hem-off-report
    "...the city could not afford to maintain them in working order, partially because the model of ventilator the city had purchased was no longer in production after 2009, the report said."
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 03:05 PM
    "...the city could not afford to maintain them in working order, partially because the model of ventilator the city had purchased was no longer in production after 2009, the report said."
    Yeah. That was real smart. Buy ventilators that you can't maintain.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 03:09 PM
    They bought them LONG BEFORE that. Haven't you ever bought something you gave away or threw out once it was out of date and too expensive to maintain? And then later had to buy a new, more expensive, one? Oh, no, of course you haven't!!!
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 03:13 PM
    LONG BEFORE??? They purchased them in 2006. If I was going to buy 500 very expensive ventilators, I would make sure I could maintain them three or four years later, or for that matter ten or fifteen years later. It would be completely stupid not to. But I have to remember that for you, if a dem does it, then it's OK.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 03:21 PM
    He didn't know when he bought them that they would be out of date in a few years.

LONG BEFORE??? They purchased them in 2006. If I was going to buy 500 very expensive ventilators, I would make sure I could maintain them three or four years later, or for that matter ten or fifteen years later. It would be completely stupid not to. But I have to remember that for you, if a dem does it, then it's OK.
    Oh, yes, you are so cogent regarding ventilator maintenance. You undoubted have tossed or sold at garage sales all sorts of equipment, tools, and appliances that have been improved as new, more useful models. And then bought new and better ones. Would you want to be hooked up to a dated 2006 ventilator?
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 04:07 PM
    He didn't know when he bought them that they would be out of date in a few years.
    How do you know that? And if it's true, then it was stupid not to know, especially when you're buying 500 of them.

As to your second ridiculous paragraph, selling a chainsaw, hammer, or lawn mower at a garages sale is a good bit different from selling hospital ventilators. I bought a chainsaw a few years ago. I bought a cheap one and knew that it was an off-brand when I bought it, but I use it only rarely and so that was fine. I needed a part recently and, of course, they no longer supply parts. But it was cheap and that's fine. Now would I have approached a hospital vent that way? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

A 2006 vent? Fine with me if it works as it should. How long do you think a hospital ventilator lasts typically?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 04:22 PM
    How do you know that? And if it's true, then it was stupid not to know, especially when you're buying 500 of them.
    You, of course, would have known in 2006 that the ventilators would be reconfigured and updated in 2009.
    As to your second ridiculous paragraph, selling a chainsaw, hammer, or lawn mower at a garages sale is a good bit different from selling hospital ventilators. I bought a chainsaw a few years ago. I bought a cheap one and knew that it was an off-brand when I bought it, but I use it only rarely and so that was fine. I needed a part recently and, of course, they no longer supply parts. But it was cheap and that's fine. Now would I have approached a hospital vent that way? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    You use that obsolete chainsaw rarely. What would you have done with 500 ventilators that were passe' in 2009 and 500 patients who needed them in 2020??
    A 2006 vent? Fine with me if it works as it should. How long do you think a hospital ventilator lasts typically?
    And if it didn't work in 2020 when you needed it?
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 04:42 PM
    You use that obsolete chainsaw rarely. What would you have done with 500 ventilators that were passe' in 2009 and 500 patients who needed them in 2020??
    If I was responsible for buying a software package for student information management, my first question would be, "What kind of support do you provide?" You see, that's what people do when they are making a major purchase for a great deal of money. If you don't, then you qualify as being stupid.

And if it didn't work in 2020 when you needed it?
    THEN I WOULD WANT ONE THAT DID WORK!!! This is not rocket science. It is amazing how far you will go to back up your beloved liberal dems.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 04:55 PM
    If I was responsible for buying a software package for student information management, my first question would be, "What kind of support do you provide?" You see, that's what people do when they are making a major purchase for a great deal of money. If you don't, then you qualify as being stupid.
    We're not talking about software packages; we're talking about lifesaving equipment.

THEN I WOULD WANT ONE THAT DID WORK!!! This is not rocket science. It is amazing how far you will go to back up your beloved liberal dems.
    You would want one that worked, the 2020 version, not the 2006 model? Oh, my! You have dipped your toe in the lib pool!!!
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 05:01 PM
    We're not talking about software packages; we're talking about lifesaving equipment.
    Soooo maybe they should have exercised even MORE care? You think?

You would want one that worked, the 2020 version, not the 2006 model? Oh, my! You have dipped your toe in the lib pool!!!
    Either one if they worked. And that toe pool is definitely conservative!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 05:15 PM
    Soooo maybe they should have exercised even MORE care? You think?
    You know when you buy a product that it will become obsolete in three years?
    Either one if they worked. And that toe pool is definitely conservative!
    I just came up behind you and pushed you into the pool (it's the pool for the blue-swimsuited folks). Hope you can swim!
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 05:17 PM
    You know when you buy a product that it will become obsolete in three years?
    You do if you are doing your job. Most people buying a used car exhibit more due diligence than these people did.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 06:04 PM
    The dufus said the other day that it was up to states to get what they needed even in the face of a pandemic. It's not the job of the feds to deliver what they needed and was happy to let them get caught in a bidding war over needed supplies and resources. Of course the Chinese markets are more than happy to gouge the American markets with what we need and the dufus is more than happy to help after hollering how China is eating our lunch, as we waste our hard won energy dependence on a pissing match between the Saudi's and Russia.

Meanwhile Peter Navarro's memo warning of a pandemic dated in January was ignored because the dufus was being impeached. What? I told you he was a dufus didn't I?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 06:04 PM
    You do if you are doing your job. Most people buying a used car exhibit more due diligence than these people did.
    We all know cars don't become obsolete. Have you ever heard of antique auto shows? They're big in Texas. Keeping antique autos and trucks running smoothly is many men's idea of fun.

Folding paper maps, cigarettes, dial-up modems, VHS tapes, print media, landlines, cathode ray tvs, electric typewriters -- where didja all go??? We were so comfortable with you!
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 06:11 PM
    We all know cars don't become obsolete.
    What a completely ridiculous statement. No one in America believes that but you.

Enough of this crazy nonsense. You will do/say anything to defend your beloved liberal dems, even saying that cars don't become obsolete. I can only handle so much lunacy in one night.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 06:14 PM
    What a completely ridiculous statement. No one in America believes that but you.

Enough of this crazy nonsense. You will do/say anything to defend your beloved liberal dems, even saying that cars don't become obsolete. I can only handle so much lunacy in one night.
    Take a melatonin. Sleep well.
    Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 06:29 PM
    Don't forget to clean the crap from your ears from being shoulder deep up the dufus arse. It will help with your lunacy.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2020, 09:49 AM
    Meanwhile Peter Navarro's memo warning of a pandemic dated in January was ignored because the dufus was being impeached. What? I told you he was a dufus didn't I?
    2 points
    1. What date was the Navarro memo and what day did Trump issue the travel restrictions ?
    2. The Navarro memo was ridiculously alarmist,, and based on what we know now were very silly and flawed projections . He was talking about a half million American deaths . We are looking at more likely around 80,000 and maybe less . In other words ;one of your typical flu season casualties . I want to see the projections about how many Americans will die because of the economic depression that will follow .

I do applaud your effort at taking the word of a China hawk seriously however .
    Expert

Apr 8, 2020, 11:35 AM
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...s-memos-174237

I'm no fan of Navarro, or Menuhin for that matter, don't trust either, but with hindsight he was on point with his warning. A week ago they predicted 100,000 to 240,000 if things were done perfectly, but new projections are less. Of course any modeling projects are subject to new current data, and can change. For me it revolves around widespread testing as there could be a lot more untested that have the virus, and can infect people unknowingly. We cannot know if people have recovered and built an immunity without more tests.

I can't imagine opening up the economy without such data. The last thing we need is a second pandemic triggered by inadequate testing and no data to guide us with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S.S.D.I. threat [ 0 Answers ]

Will Late change in unemployment decision which may result in recoupment against husband.(no fraud involved)threaten my S.S.D.I.monthly payments?I'm his wife and I never filed for unemployment because I'm disabled!

Grave threat [ 3 Answers ]

Can I sue someone living in other country for grave threat to my family?

Bomb threat [ 6 Answers ]

Well, patients are finally back in the hospital and mine is FiNALLY asleep again. Earlier this evening a woman called the hospital and said that she had placed 5 different bombs in different locations around the hospital. They were all set to go off at midnight. Guess what time she called! ...

Threat to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have done sex with my boyfriend on 17th and my date of period is 2 or 3. He mistakenly discharged his sperms inside me, this is the first tym he discharged inside me. After 2 days of sex m feeling something in my stomach. Is it a sign of pregnancy or just a pyschological thought because...

Threat of eviction [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has written you several times ahd you all have given us some great advise. Well, we have come up against another situation. We live in a very small town of about 3,000+ people and there is nowhere we can go to ask for help. So we come to you for advise. We had another falling out...

View more questions Search