Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2020, 03:07 PM
    Oh they work, it is this clinical trial nonsense that prevents them from in general use, however, waiver and use it, maybe the answer
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2020, 04:23 PM
    Could be. We sure need one.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 6, 2020, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    20 % of drug prescriptions are off label in this country . I can guarantee you that doctors and health care professionals are taking a probably lower dose of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as prophylactic cocktail . Why do you think India is banning exports of the drug ?
    https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le31264079.ece
    I can certainly understand India holding on to something they think they need in the future since hope in this drug is rising for this disease, but despite it's uses and claims of success it ain't official. I have to tell you though that I would love to have your claim of the use of this cocktail by doctors and health care providers verified, because the public should know if it works as it's being used.

The dufus claim of what do we have to lose isn't cutting it with me.
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2020, 06:13 PM
    The dufus claim of what do we have to lose isn't cutting it with me.
    I'm sure you'll understand if I say I am not surprised. It's kind of your automatic position.
    Expert

Apr 6, 2020, 06:30 PM
    The absence of data, rhyme or reason often illicits a negative response from me. I get the desperate hope, but let's get results that can be verified. All we have are claims of safety and success without the prerequisite VERIFICATION.

You know EVIDENCE. I mean the dufus said he is no doctor so why would you not believe him?
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2020, 06:31 PM
    becuase it probably the only thing he has said that is true
    Expert

Apr 6, 2020, 06:43 PM
    It's the only thing he has said that I believe for sure, but he has evidence of his words in that he has no training, or degree, experience, or history of ever even being in that profession. We have verifiable evidence he Is no doctor.

That I can believe in.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2020, 07:51 PM
    It would seem that that is all you believe in
    Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 04:49 AM
    You don't believe that yourself.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 04:58 AM
    he has no training, or degree, experience, or history of ever even being in that profession.
    That's a completely unrealistic standard. Presidents are required to speak on a number of subjects. It would be ridiculous to expect that person to have a degree or training in all of them. Just another symptom of TDS.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 05:35 AM
    I think this lady would not agree with you.

From the article: A Democratic state representative from Detroit is crediting hydroxychloroquine — and Republican President Donald Trump who touted the drug — for saving her in her battle with the coronavirus.
    State Rep. Karen Whitsett, who learned Monday she has tested positive for COVID-19, said she started taking hydroxychloroquine on March 31, prescribed by her doctor, after both she and her husband sought treatment for a range of symptoms on March 18.
    "It was less than two hours" before she started to feel relief, said Whitsett, who had experienced shortness of breath, swollen lymph nodes, and what felt like a sinus infection. She is still experiencing headaches, she said.
    Rep. Karen Whitsett (Photo: Michigan House of Representatives)

Whitsett said she was familiar with "the wonders" of hydroxychloroquine from an earlier bout with Lyme disease, but does not believe she would have thought to ask for it, or her doctor would have prescribed it, had Trump not been touting it as a possible treatment for COVID-19

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...VTO0TX9KnqPbHM
    Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 05:36 AM
    I was just stating the obvious from his own words JL, and one would expect he had access and guidance to facts from those around him. Even you can compare his riffs which he does everyday to what experts are saying and judge for yourself whether he is on point or not in any given subject. I mean the experts say no cure or vaccine yet and he touts a specific drug that while mainstreamed and known, is but one or two being tested for effectiveness for THIS virus. That's from his own experts. Call me crazy for listening to HIS experts, and not HIM, but such a conflict is evidence to me at least he is looking for a quick fix and absent one, he makes one up.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 05:44 AM
    I mean the experts say no cure or vaccine yet and he touts a specific drug that while mainstreamed and known, is but one or two being tested for effectiveness for THIS virus. That's from his own experts. Call me crazy for listening to HIS experts, and not HIM, but such a conflict is evidence to me at least he is looking for a quick fix and absent one, he makes one up.
    I think you are exaggerating a bit. He has never said there is an available vaccine. He has advocated for hydroxy and expressed confidence in it, and it seems with some good level of justification, but he has never suggested that everyone with CV go out and take it. I think your point would be better taken if he didn't have an army of experts with him and speaking at every press conference, and it is plain that they do not feel they have to agree with him at every turn.
    Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I think you are exaggerating a bit. He has never said there is an available vaccine. He has advocated for hydroxy and expressed confidence in it, and it seems with some good level of justification, but he has never suggested that everyone with CV go out and take it. I think your point would be better taken if he didn't have an army of experts with him and speaking at every press conference, and it is plain that they do not feel they have to agree with him at every turn.
    I never said he said he did claim hydroxy as a cure but he certainly has latched on it and is stockpiling it and I have no evidence he has done so with other drugs under consideration. Not letting Fauci respond to questions at the presser a few days ago certainly raised my eyebrows, as a question of why emerged in the minds of many.

I'm glad the Detroit couple is doing better, but await the full science of their recovery. The experts have long been saying the anecdotal evidence is not enough to apply it full scale yet, but a "cocktail" of many drugs can be effective they think very soon. We also have many recoveries without this particular drug which is an opportunity to learn more.

Tom brought up that NY first responders and doctors were using hydroxy as a preventative measure and I have seen no evidence of that either so a lot of claims going around and not a lot of facts which makes this all the more difficult to navigate.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 07:53 AM
    I never said he said he did claim hydroxy as a cure but he certainly has latched on it and is stockpiling it and I have no evidence he has done so with other drugs under consideration.
    So you seem to have no real complaint.

The point of the story about the Detroit lady was that she was alerted to the hydroxy prescription by Trump. A person on this board made the ridiculous claim that Trump was responsible for the death of the man who ingested fish tank cleaner but I notice he has not come back to give Trump credit for the medical rescue of the Detroit woman. That's why I say it's all TDS in action. People are just looking for something to complain about as long as it has "Trump" attached to it.
    Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 09:00 AM
    The Detroit woman had previous experience with this drug, and other drugs were used also, so why do we have to give the dufus credit when its her doctor that made the call. She thanked the dufus, and that's fine, her call.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2020, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So you seem to have no real complaint.

The point of the story about the Detroit lady was that she was alerted to the hydroxy prescription by Trump. A person on this board made the ridiculous claim that Trump was responsible for the death of the man who ingested fish tank cleaner but I notice he has not come back to give Trump credit for the medical rescue of the Detroit woman. That's why I say it's all TDS in action. People are just looking for something to complain about as long as it has "Trump" attached to it.
    Do you know? --

"President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as acoronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works."
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b6e1d10a696280
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2020, 01:29 PM
    What a crock ! You think this is about money ? Then why is Cuomo approving the use for NY State ?

When Trump touts the potential treatment the media accuses him of giving Americans a "false sense of hope." or is in for some nefarious profit reason. But when il duce Cuomo announced that New York had acquired 70,000 units of hydroxychloroquine and 750,000 units of chloroquine, the media hail the governor for his leadership.

"[W]e are all optimistic that it could work," ….. "I have spoken with a number of health officials and there is a good basis to believe that they could work." The FDA green lighted the experimental use for this in March . So what is everyone's problem ?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2020, 01:57 PM
    Tal read it from Peter Navarro and his conversation with CNN's John Brennan . This is the business I am in . I talk to health care providers and suppliers . Often these situations do not make the Rachel Madcow show

JOHN BERMAN, CNN: Very well. Thanks for being with us. We've been listening to a report and reading it all morning long about a disagreement in the situation room between you and dr. Anthony Fauci about the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine. Can you explain to me the nature of this disagreement?

PETER NAVARRO: Let me focus on the issue at hand. Does hydroxychloroquine work? That was the subject in the task force meeting this Saturday. The facts of the matter are the following:

First of all, FEMA has 29 million tablets sitting in a warehouse, that's number one.

Number two, John, at the task force meeting there was unanimous agreement that FEMA would immediately begin surging hydroxy into the hot zones to be dispensed only between a doctor and patient decision, not the federal government. That's number two.

Number three, you may find this interesting in the city that you live in, in New York, in the New York health and hospitals system, virtually every patient now that c
    omes in presenting COVID-19 symptoms is given a cycle of hydroxychloroquine, and when I discussed this last night with Mitch Katz, who is the head of that system, I asked him, are you doing that because the federal government is telling you or because you think it may work? And he said quite clearly that it may work.

The fourth fact I want to say, and then we'll get to the politics of this, the fourth fact I want to say is that there are now numerous scientific studies that indicate potential efficacy, including, John, and this is important, the study that was just published in the last few days from Wuhan.

Which is one of the first randomized studied with a control group and it showed very clearly that 80% in the control group did very well versus fifty. There was that discussion on Saturday and if we didn't have disagreement and debate in the Trump administration, this administration would not be as strong as it is.

BERMAN: I'm not interested in the politics of it, only interested in the science of it. When you talk about that study out of Wuhan, yes, that was the only study we've seen so far with a control group. It wasn't double-blind which means the doctors using it knew who was getting it. It was also with only moderately ill patients...

BERMAN: Why should we listen to you and not Dr. Anthony Fauci?

NAVARRO: So you presented a false case there. Basically what I have said and the only thing I have said is that the scientific studies that I have seen point to the possibility that it has both therapeutic efficacy as well as possible prophylactic efficacy. When you speak to doctors and nurses on the front lines ask how many of them are taking hydroxy as a prophylactic in the war zone.

This is a situation where this drug could save lives and I think there needs to be a debate and you're right that I'm not the arbiter of this, but there's a lot of doctors out there who are on one side and there's a lot of doctors on the other side. There's science going on. We are at war here, and what we're trying to do is make sure as few people die as possible, and I look at a study just this latest one, I read it, and from Wuhan and there's a control group where 80% do well and only 50% don't. I mean, you could be a plumber and read that and come to the same conclusion, John. I don't know why you're so hard about this? Would you take it if you got sick?
    I'm telling you it is happening at a rate that pharmacies are being told to restrict filling prescriptions ;that apothecaries are being told not to compound custom doses .
    It is already being used in many of the hotspots including France and New York so all this talk of denying patients treatment is BS .Let me explain .A double blind study has a control group that takes a sugar pill . That way you compare the results and see how it compares to the group that takes the real drug. The positive results are coming from single blind . It is not perfect .But these are not perfect times when patients are dying from the virus . There is no time to waste for the years it takes to conduct a normal FDA approval process. This is what we know .
    Quinine and its patented derivatives work from verified patients who have posted that fact that they were on there deathbed and given quinine and then have had miracle" recoveries. We know for a fact that in malaria countries where mostly quinine is given they have lower rate of virus and way lower death rate.
    No body knows why . But that is a seconday consideration when hospitals are over loaded with people on their death bed with damn tubes up their noses helping them breathe . I can't believe this is even a debate !!!!!!!!!!

Uber Member

Apr 7, 2020, 02:11 PM
    Do you know? --

"President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as acoronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works."
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b6e1d10a696280
    Do you know that the most important paragraph of the absurd Huff Post article was this. "The financial news site MarketWatch and The Washington Post later estimated Trump’s stake to be worth between about $100 and $1,500, though the Post noted his trusts may have amassed other investments since his most recent disclosure. " So we are being asked to believe that Trump is advancing a medical cure, supported by many other medical authorities, to protect his hundred dollar investment? Really? Man, you Trump haters are really digging through the dumpsters now to come up with this stuff.

The Detroit woman had previous experience with this drug, and other drugs were used also, so why do we have to give the dufus credit when its her doctor that made the call. She thanked the dufus, and that's fine, her call.
    Why do we have to give Trump credit? Well, maybe it's because SHE DID!!. "A Democratic state representative from Detroit is crediting hydroxychloroquine — and Republican President Donald Trump who touted the drug — for saving her in her battle with the coronavirus." Man alive, your hatred of Trump is so intense it is affecting your ability to read.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S.S.D.I. threat [ 0 Answers ]

Will Late change in unemployment decision which may result in recoupment against husband.(no fraud involved)threaten my S.S.D.I.monthly payments?I'm his wife and I never filed for unemployment because I'm disabled!

Grave threat [ 3 Answers ]

Can I sue someone living in other country for grave threat to my family?

Bomb threat [ 6 Answers ]

Well, patients are finally back in the hospital and mine is FiNALLY asleep again. Earlier this evening a woman called the hospital and said that she had placed 5 different bombs in different locations around the hospital. They were all set to go off at midnight. Guess what time she called! ...

Threat to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have done sex with my boyfriend on 17th and my date of period is 2 or 3. He mistakenly discharged his sperms inside me, this is the first tym he discharged inside me. After 2 days of sex m feeling something in my stomach. Is it a sign of pregnancy or just a pyschological thought because...

Threat of eviction [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has written you several times ahd you all have given us some great advise. Well, we have come up against another situation. We live in a very small town of about 3,000+ people and there is nowhere we can go to ask for help. So we come to you for advise. We had another falling out...

View more questions Search