Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 18, 2020, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: I must agree with you about the U.S. dependence on foreign medical supplies, ESPECIALLY with belligerent nations like Red China.

Rural healthcare, as I can attest, is woefully inadequate.

But the media is taking Red China at its word as it says that it has this problem under control: How does the media know this? Where, other than out of a communist Chinese do they obtain this kind of information. If a Trump official stated something like this, the media would not believe it but they choose to believe and broadcast ChiCom "state run information" as factual and spew forth ChiCom talking points. This is an issue for me and it should be a problem for all Americans.
    Just because it is reported as stated by whomever, I highly doubt anyone takes it as true fact written in stone. It's been known for decades that whatever they say comes with skepticism, and not just from them, but everyone at least in most quarters, but they must and should report it for sure. Don't panic over reports, and over react yourself. Be cool, more is always revealed later. That also goes for what the dufus has said given what he has been spewing they last 3 years, confusing conservatives about basic truth with his lies and misrepresentations. Too many to ignore. (Said the avowed moderate liberal! 8D)

Doesn't matter what they say, but does matter what you do about it. We seem to need TESTS and TOILET paper immediately.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2020, 04:17 PM
    Doesn't matter what they say, but does matter what you do about it. We seem to need TESTS and TOILET paper immediately.
    what we need immediately is sanity, what we have is panic
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 18, 2020, 05:20 PM
    Sounds like schools in California aren’t going to be in session until the next school year. I’m sad! I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to my students. Online teaching may be our only option. Yes, they’ll be safer at home, but missing 3 months of true education. Just venting...no need to lecture me.
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2020, 06:48 PM
    "True education" is experiencing life, not being shut in a class room, so yes you do need to be lectured
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2020, 07:12 PM
    what we need immediately is sanity, what we have is panic
    Well said.

"True education" is experiencing life, not being shut in a class room, so yes you do need to be lectured
    Not well said.

I’m sad! I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to my students. Online teaching may be our only option. Yes, they’ll be safer at home, but missing 3 months of true education.
    Bad in a number of ways.
    Education Expert

Mar 18, 2020, 07:57 PM
    Wonderful thought but not for the young children. They need to learn to read and write. I’m not going to argue. If you’re not a teacher, you don’t understand. Enough said.
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2020, 04:18 AM
    Wonderful thought but not for the young children. They need to learn to read and write. I’m not going to argue. If you’re not a teacher, you don’t understand. Enough said.
    Teach, you are exactly correct. Clete is normally fairly thoughtful in his responses but he completely blew it in suggesting children don't really need to go to school.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2020, 05:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Teach, you are exactly correct. Clete is normally fairly thoughtful in his responses but he completely blew it in suggesting children don't really need to go to school.
    What I'm suggesting is that children are not harmed by a few days out of school, a new life experience is not harmful
    Expert

Mar 19, 2020, 05:57 AM
    We're not talking about holidays or snow days here though, this may well be a protracted absense, but online education is the option and maybe that means targeting those that don't have that option. Even that is a challenge for kids with no devices or connections. Be a great time to address those shortcoming among other faults in the system that this health event has exposed, but kids need sunshine exercise and physical interaction to learn and lack of those things are a can of worms being opened.

No doubt this is a huge crisis that affects us all and the long term affects have yet to be felt.
    Education Expert

Mar 19, 2020, 12:22 PM
    Thanks for your support!!!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2020, 01:00 PM
    working from home is being thrust on many of us . Probably over due . I've said for a long time that if on line education was avaiable to me when I was in college I would've taken the opportunity .For those of us who did school and a full time job it really would've made a difference in my time management .
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2020, 01:28 PM
    What I'm suggesting is that children are not harmed by a few days out of school, a new life experience is not harmful
    That's a fair enough statement, but it's a long way away from what you first said.

"True education" is experiencing life, not being shut in a class room, so yes you do need to be lectured.
    Even that is a challenge for kids with no devices or connections. Be a great time to address those shortcoming among other faults in the system that this health event has exposed,
    Yes. Get a job and buy a two hundred dollar Chromebook . Simple enough.
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2020, 01:40 PM
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2020, 02:05 PM
    So the "money grows on trees" mentality has firmly taken hold of both political parties. We'll just send out a trillion dollars in direct payments to people, most of whom don't need it, with no earthly idea of how to responsibly pay for it. Pitiful. Only Lindsey Graham seems to be standing against this lunacy. Even American Family Radio was bragging about it. It sure has the appearance of election year vote purchasing. Worse yet, the American people are beginning to get used to this craziness. The idea of saving up for rainy days is replaced by, "The feds will take of me. Blessed be the name of the Federal Government."

On the bright side, think of how much toilet paper a person can buy with a thousand bucks!
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2020, 02:11 PM
    That's a fair enough statement, but it's a long way away from what you first said.

Yes. Get a job and buy a two hundred dollar Chromebook . Simple enough.
    why is it you take things to the extreme
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2020, 02:19 PM
    I thought I made it simple. Besides, you jumped on the teacher and suggested she should be lectured. You like to give lectures but not take them?
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2020, 02:32 PM
    I thought I made it simple. Besides, you jumped on the teacher and suggested she should be lectured. You like to give lectures but not take them?
    The safest place for children in this crisis is not school they need to be in a place where they can exercise individual space, schools are not organised that way, and childhood behaviour is the opposite. We all know that children spread sickness easily, this is what I meant by education and being lectured
    Expert

Mar 19, 2020, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    working from home is being thrust on many of us . Probably over due . I've said for a long time that if on line education was avaiable to me when I was in college I would've taken the opportunity .For those of us who did school and a full time job it really would've made a difference in my time management .
    There was no online in them days pahdna!
    Education Expert

Mar 19, 2020, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    The safest place for children in this crisis is not school they need to be in a place where they can exercise individual space, schools are not organised that way, and childhood behaviour is the opposite. We all know that children spread sickness easily, this is what I meant by education and being lectured
    Yes, children are safer at home right now. But to say that my students, who are learning keyboarding skills, will be able to navigate through online education is unrealistic. They will not receive the same education as being in my classroom. Due to school closures, we have no choice. Don’t argue with me about how to educate children, unless you’ve taught 30 students on your own with no assistance. I’ve had as many as 43, but this year, 30. My post was one of sadness, but you were unkind. My students definitely know what being kind means.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2020, 10:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Yes, children are safer at home right now. But to say that my students, who are learning keyboarding skills, will be able to navigate through online education is unrealistic. They will not receive the same education as being in my classroom. Due to school closures, we have no choice. Don’t argue with me about how to educate children, unless you’ve taught 30 students on your own with no assistance. I’ve had as many as 43, but this year, 30. My post was one of sadness, but you were unkind. My students definitely know what being kind means.
    I call them as I see them, gentility doesn't work in this situation, reality does. You are still focused on conveying knowledge, but a couple of months won't matter as much as keeping them safe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S.S.D.I. threat [ 0 Answers ]

Will Late change in unemployment decision which may result in recoupment against husband.(no fraud involved)threaten my S.S.D.I.monthly payments?I'm his wife and I never filed for unemployment because I'm disabled!

Grave threat [ 3 Answers ]

Can I sue someone living in other country for grave threat to my family?

Bomb threat [ 6 Answers ]

Well, patients are finally back in the hospital and mine is FiNALLY asleep again. Earlier this evening a woman called the hospital and said that she had placed 5 different bombs in different locations around the hospital. They were all set to go off at midnight. Guess what time she called! ...

Threat to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have done sex with my boyfriend on 17th and my date of period is 2 or 3. He mistakenly discharged his sperms inside me, this is the first tym he discharged inside me. After 2 days of sex m feeling something in my stomach. Is it a sign of pregnancy or just a pyschological thought because...

Threat of eviction [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has written you several times ahd you all have given us some great advise. Well, we have come up against another situation. We live in a very small town of about 3,000+ people and there is nowhere we can go to ask for help. So we come to you for advise. We had another falling out...

View more questions Search