Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2020, 02:58 PM
    My understanding is that as the ability to test for CV increases, then the mass closings will become less and less necessary. It can't happen fast enough. But then those money trees in D.C. are always blooming.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2020, 07:57 PM
    If they find that more people than they thought have the virus then we see more closings. So far no place in America has shown that the virus is slowing down, just the opposite as more testing is done.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2020, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    If they find that more people than they thought have the virus then we see more closings. So far no place in America has shown that the virus is slowing down, just the opposite as more testing is done.
    It appears to take anything up to three months for the infections to peak so you are not out of the woods yet but by easter you may see some relief and trump may prove right
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 05:27 AM
    I like your optimism but 20 days seems unrealistic. 60 days? I don't see that either considering how tepid the response is thus far.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 05:50 AM
    Yes but miracles still happen trump has decreed it
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 08:36 AM
    I have no faith in the dufus decrees let alone miracles of which he has but one...he got elected.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 08:42 AM
    Tal I believe that the testing alone is going to show an artificial increase in the virus but not a real exponential one. Right now testing isnt at its highest levels so it only shows that the "facts" are just artificial projections.

BTW I hope you and your family are safe.
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Tal I believe that the testing alone is going to show an artificial increase in the virus but not a real exponential one. Right now testing isnt at its highest levels so it only shows that the "facts" are just artificial projections.

BTW I hope you and your family are safe.
    Same to you Cdad, been a while, bet your kids are grown by now! 8D

Only widespread testing can give us an accurate picture unless hospitals start turning people away.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2020, 01:15 PM
    Already testing is giving great results ;but inaccurate ones since people who presumably don't have it are NOT being tested then we don't have a true denominator to work with . I think the results will confirm an over reaction . But at this point it is neither here nor there . The die is cast and we have to learn the hard way as a society that the cure is worse than the illness. I really do hope that those who predict a V recovery are right . I have my doubts ;the ugly hand of government intervention has been unleashed
    Expert

Mar 25, 2020, 04:27 PM
    What government intervention? States and locals have been scrambling waiting on an intervention. That's why the dufus considering opening up parts of the economy is crapola for dumb people, since he nor the feds have shut anything down. You think states and locals will listen to him if he tries that? Naw, just bluster for the stupid, and no doubt he walks that back citing the scientist made me do it.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2020, 05:46 PM
    ah the plot is finally revealed, shut down NYC. But in a time when the world is isolating americans are still taking to the skys in droves
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2020, 06:17 PM
    NYC is not being shut down.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2020, 07:22 PM
    Trump has the plan
    Expert

Mar 29, 2020, 03:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    NYC is not being shut down.

Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2020, 05:21 AM
    sure looks like it to me, still you are in good company similar scenes are repeated all over the world, the Chinese thought the tariffs did damage to their economy, now we will see what their foolishness does
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2020, 07:08 AM
    What I meant is that it has not been quarantined by the feds. I think you are right in that they have largely shut themselves down. It's a good time to be praying for all of this is fertile soil for revival in faith in Jesus.
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2020, 07:10 AM
    we have RI guard and cops going door to door looking for NYers in the state .
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2020, 07:11 AM
    That's kind of scary.
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2020, 07:13 AM
    yup
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/29/rhode-...g-coronavirus/
    Expert

Mar 29, 2020, 07:41 AM
    RI in a state of panic? Shocking a venture capitalists Yale grad acting like a loony right winger. Hope Cuomo talks some sense into her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S.S.D.I. threat [ 0 Answers ]

Will Late change in unemployment decision which may result in recoupment against husband.(no fraud involved)threaten my S.S.D.I.monthly payments?I'm his wife and I never filed for unemployment because I'm disabled!

Grave threat [ 3 Answers ]

Can I sue someone living in other country for grave threat to my family?

Bomb threat [ 6 Answers ]

Well, patients are finally back in the hospital and mine is FiNALLY asleep again. Earlier this evening a woman called the hospital and said that she had placed 5 different bombs in different locations around the hospital. They were all set to go off at midnight. Guess what time she called! ...

Threat to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have done sex with my boyfriend on 17th and my date of period is 2 or 3. He mistakenly discharged his sperms inside me, this is the first tym he discharged inside me. After 2 days of sex m feeling something in my stomach. Is it a sign of pregnancy or just a pyschological thought because...

Threat of eviction [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has written you several times ahd you all have given us some great advise. Well, we have come up against another situation. We live in a very small town of about 3,000+ people and there is nowhere we can go to ask for help. So we come to you for advise. We had another falling out...

View more questions Search