Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2020, 05:20 PM
    You need more elections more often.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2020, 05:28 PM
    No we need them less often, what we have learned is if you give the legislature more time to work there is less focus on electioneering and arse protecting and more on getting things done
    Expert

Apr 3, 2020, 05:40 PM
    If you say so.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2020, 06:49 PM
    Oh I do
    Expert

Apr 4, 2020, 04:49 AM
    We've had this conversation before Clete, your system is very similar to ours. No better or worse considering where we both are in our history or development.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2020, 05:08 AM
    It is true our system is modelled on yours, to a point, but we hold elections less frequently and our King (Queen) has no say in policy. This makes the system very different. It is also a multi-party system, making us somewhat more diverse in the political spectrum
    Expert

Apr 4, 2020, 05:16 AM
    The only difference I see is size. Though we have two major parties, the political spectrum is pretty diverse to as repubs have prochoicers and the dems have prolifers, so differences and coalitions between parties is not at all unusual. The other difference is the amount of money invested in our politics and politicians and that is a major problem.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2020, 05:18 AM
    ohhhh I'm so afraid to go outside to vote .... come on ! The Iraqi's and Afghans stand in long lines to vote ;stick their finger in dye to prove they voted while under the threat of being murdered for doing so. When did we lose our spine ? All these new proposals are not about voter safety . It is the next phase in the ballot harvesting scheme . Phase 1 was encouraging early and absentee votes . That is how the Dems were able to grab every contested district in California. Basically volunteers or campaign workers go door to door and ask people if they voted . If they say no ,they offer them paper ballots and offer to "assist "them in filling them out . They then harvest these ballots and drop them off at polling places . It is a completely corrupted system having people with an interest in the outcome handling the process. North Carolina has a similar law except only family members can drop off ballots .Even so
    In North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District, the Republican candidate was accused of illegal vote harvesting and, ultimately, the state election board overturned the election. But in California no one was held accountable for any mischief .Casting ballots on line or on the phone for anything more important than a Twitter poll is dangerous and a terrible idea.
    Expert

Apr 4, 2020, 09:29 AM
    Yeah can't upgrade the voting system since we know how much fraud the dems are capable of, or how wrongly repubs get caught at their shenanigans. You mail in or do your census online but no voting is too risky. Taxes, DMV, all online, or by mail, but voting...no way!

It's no wonder we can't tell fake news from real news.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2020, 10:56 AM
    yeah that is right. Your taxes ,DMV etc are all your OWN business . The national vote impacts everyone . So yes it is much more important .
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2020, 06:55 PM
    It's no wonder we can't tell fake news from real news.
    just a heads up, fake news is what is spoken by Trump
    Expert

Apr 5, 2020, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    just a heads up, fake news is what is spoken by Trump
    Agreed, but sadly he is but ONE example.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2020, 02:55 PM
    he is the example in chief
    Expert

Apr 5, 2020, 03:00 PM
    Be kind of dumb to follow his example.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2020, 07:27 PM
    but don't worry a cure has been found for both trump and cv; ivermectin, otherwise known as sheep drench
    Expert

Apr 6, 2020, 04:28 AM
    Australia sure has a lot of cures for covid19.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2020, 05:04 AM
    Yes, we are an innovative people
    Expert

Apr 6, 2020, 07:17 AM
    Looks like you are still in the testing phase though Clete, and have yet to verify it's efficacy, or even widespread verifiable results which by definition is anecdotal. Cure is a premature claim at this point.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...2c5e51706accb5

Keep going I'm rooting for you.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2020, 12:50 PM
    20 % of drug prescriptions are off label in this country . I can guarantee you that doctors and health care professionals are taking a probably lower dose of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as prophylactic cocktail . Why do you think India is banning exports of the drug ?
    https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le31264079.ece
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2020, 01:43 PM
    Australia sure has a lot of cures for covid19.
    Now if they can just get one of them to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S.S.D.I. threat [ 0 Answers ]

Will Late change in unemployment decision which may result in recoupment against husband.(no fraud involved)threaten my S.S.D.I.monthly payments?I'm his wife and I never filed for unemployment because I'm disabled!

Grave threat [ 3 Answers ]

Can I sue someone living in other country for grave threat to my family?

Bomb threat [ 6 Answers ]

Well, patients are finally back in the hospital and mine is FiNALLY asleep again. Earlier this evening a woman called the hospital and said that she had placed 5 different bombs in different locations around the hospital. They were all set to go off at midnight. Guess what time she called! ...

Threat to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have done sex with my boyfriend on 17th and my date of period is 2 or 3. He mistakenly discharged his sperms inside me, this is the first tym he discharged inside me. After 2 days of sex m feeling something in my stomach. Is it a sign of pregnancy or just a pyschological thought because...

Threat of eviction [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has written you several times ahd you all have given us some great advise. Well, we have come up against another situation. We live in a very small town of about 3,000+ people and there is nowhere we can go to ask for help. So we come to you for advise. We had another falling out...

View more questions Search