Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2020, 02:39 PM
    Great quote. The founding fathers understood this business of governance very well.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2020, 02:43 PM
    The founding fathers understood the business of division very well
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2020, 03:20 PM
    Depends on what you mean by division. It was not meant to be a division of enemies but a separation of powers. Has worked very well.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2020, 05:47 PM
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2020, 06:10 PM
    Hope you have plenty of lemon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2020, 08:10 AM
    As we get new cases of the coronavirus over a thousand so far, cities are being shutdown, schools closed including colleges, and the congress is preparing a stimulus package for well some citizens any way. This thing is growing rapidly.

Everybody stay home until next year and the government will feed and shelter you and supply free netflix and popcorn. The election will be held on line and by phone in November.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2020, 01:11 PM
    Here we have the unique confluence of both Corona and Lyme .
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2020, 01:50 PM
    1st known cases of Covid 19 were in December . The People's Republic of China hid it initially as they celebrated Chinese New year throughout January . Trump's travel ban to and from China began the end of February (you remember that because he was call racist and xenophobic for it .) From December until the end of February there were anywhere from 2,200 -7000 people entering into the US from China. Meaning that in that time period there were up to a half million Chinese travelling here . We have had this disease here much longer than we think .
    Expert

Mar 11, 2020, 02:04 PM
    They're predicting a third or half the population will be affected after they get some tests done. Don't know when that will be but the dufus says the kits are here, and more coming and doctors say where? You working from home yet Tom?
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2020, 11:02 PM
    we finally understand the coronavirus plot, a plot to rid the world of toilet paper, I have a bidet. do you?
    Expert

Mar 12, 2020, 03:17 AM
    I'm old school Clete, a magazine will do in a pinch, don't hit the head without one.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2020, 05:21 AM
    Yes they just issued us with new telephone books
    Expert

Mar 12, 2020, 05:23 AM
    There you go, who needs toilet paper when you have the already yellow pages?

Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2020, 12:53 PM
    You working from home yet Tom?
    for years I have put in my 8 at the office and another 4 at home .

I have a bidet. do you?

I tried that when I lived in Iran . Stopped doing it because I always thought I was having an enema

There you go, who needs toilet paper when you have the already yellow pages?
    I hear madam Mim is using the pages of the SOTU address she ripped up
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2020, 01:34 PM
    April 2009 1st case H1N1 detected in US .
    The emperor says US health care officials are "monitoring " the situation.He told us
    to take the same precautions we would to prevent any other flu. “Wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough. Stay home from work if you’re sick.” And he assured us the government would do whatever it takes to keep Americans safe.
    Madam Mim and Harry Reid were too preoccupied trying to pass Obamacare to worry about a heath crisis in the country .

By October, Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the CDC said that
    “millions of people in the United States have been infected, at least 20,000 have been hospitalized and more than 1,000 have died.” The emperor declared an emergency
    October 24, 2009.
    On November 12, 2009, the CDC announced that
    22 million Americans had been infected with H1N1 and 4,000 Americans had died.

Compare that to Trump's response .
    December 31 China FINALLY admits to the WHO there is a cluster in Wuhan .
    On January 31 Trump declared a public health emergency and starts quarantine procedures for Americans who have been to China .
    Flights filled with U.S. citizens who were in Wuhan were brought to America and those people were quarantined on U.S. military bases for two weeks.
    The disease had been declared a public health emergency one month before the first U.S. death. Trump initiated a travel ban from China .
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2020, 02:50 PM
    Yes, but what Obama did was better because...well, it just was.
    Expert

Mar 12, 2020, 04:40 PM
    We can compare better when we get to the 6 month mark, but having had that experience I would hope they can act sooner. I don't expect the dufus to rebuild Rome in a day.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2020, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I don't expect the dufus to rebuild Rome in a day.
    Had a change of heart Tal? I thought you considered him the devil incarnate and therefore able to create great illusions
    Expert

Mar 13, 2020, 02:57 AM
    No change in heart Clete, just a practical acknowledgement as to the task before him. It's a HUGE challenge for anybody, and maybe moreso for this dufus. He can't talk his way through this with bluster and BS, and his sycophants can't chant and cheer his antics and rhetoric as things get worse either. Well they can, and do, but a sound bite means nothing to those sick and suffering or facing a huge economic challenge from this pandemic.

I mean how hard is it to tell the country all hell is breaking loose, and hunker down in a safe place?
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2020, 04:33 AM
    I mean how hard is it to tell the country all hell is breaking loose, and hunker down in a safe place?
    that would be the typical Dem response ..and they will tell you that if they pick your pocket or the rich person's pocket then they can make things better . Note the way they are applying the Rham Emanuel principle to the bill going through Congress. What does abortion protection have anything to do with the Wuhan Virus ? Are they upset that not enough young people are dying ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S.S.D.I. threat [ 0 Answers ]

Will Late change in unemployment decision which may result in recoupment against husband.(no fraud involved)threaten my S.S.D.I.monthly payments?I'm his wife and I never filed for unemployment because I'm disabled!

Grave threat [ 3 Answers ]

Can I sue someone living in other country for grave threat to my family?

Bomb threat [ 6 Answers ]

Well, patients are finally back in the hospital and mine is FiNALLY asleep again. Earlier this evening a woman called the hospital and said that she had placed 5 different bombs in different locations around the hospital. They were all set to go off at midnight. Guess what time she called! ...

Threat to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have done sex with my boyfriend on 17th and my date of period is 2 or 3. He mistakenly discharged his sperms inside me, this is the first tym he discharged inside me. After 2 days of sex m feeling something in my stomach. Is it a sign of pregnancy or just a pyschological thought because...

Threat of eviction [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has written you several times ahd you all have given us some great advise. Well, we have come up against another situation. We live in a very small town of about 3,000+ people and there is nowhere we can go to ask for help. So we come to you for advise. We had another falling out...

View more questions Search